Register | Log in

Electric-RC-Helicopter.com's Homepage
AlbumAlbum  | FAQ | Search | Memberlist

450 rotor head units

Custom Search
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Electronic, Parts, Components, Batteries, and Chargers

Advertisements

View previous topic :: View next topic  
magyarbacsi
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:32 am
PostPost subject: 450 rotor head units

Is there a difference of the various 450 models' rotor heads? They operate and move the same in cyclic and pitch so when I see a metal head conversion listing, I see no difference in the SE or PRO version. About the only thing I can think of is maybe the size of the shaft and some have a fixed ring other a movable collar.

I have recently assembled a PRO TT model 450 and an Align clone belt drive and the head looks identical, 120 degree set up.

There is a vast difference in the price for these units and I think maybe for quality?

I have a plastic head on one of the copters and will probably train with that before I move up to the full metal head. So is there something I should look for as far as swaping the heads around?
Skyepuncher
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:48 am
PostPost subject:

Wish I could help, Bro. All My stuff is E-Flite/Blade.
Somebody on here will chime in, for sure.
Scott
admiral
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:12 am
PostPost subject:

Hi magyarbacsi,

I have four helicopters with 4.00 mm shafts and the main difference that I can see in them is feathering shafts and blade grips other than that parts appear interchangable, between the four of them you could swap the heads around providing you used the complete head. Quality does vary with the cheap stuff out of china but most of it is usable, but really you get what you pay for.
Dumb Thumbs
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:50 am
PostPost subject:

I have a 450SE v2 and I know that a Pro main shaft won't fit it. The length just didn't work out the same, so yes, there are some differences. Now I'm stuck with a 450 Pro main shaft with nothing to put it in. Guess I'll have to buy a 450 Pro so as the shaft doesn't go to wast Laughing
If your thinking about getting a clone metal head I'd advise against it. The slop in the HK 450 head I had was junk. You know what they say, buy cheap, buy twice...
lightning
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:21 pm
PostPost subject:

One shaft [se v2] is 116 mm long the other [pro] is 118 mm long ,2mm makes a big difference .And yeah Thumbs ,your'e right buy cheap ,buy twice .......depending on the part of course .Slop is a killer.Buy that 450 pro or forever be wondering what if............... Wink
solentlife
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:48 am
PostPost subject:

In the 450 SE V2 heads ... I have had various chinese versions and the best has been the Tarot head. BUT they all work. Yes one may develop slop in the linkages after a few flights ... but can be cured by changing out ball links or as in my case - the swash itself. That is where most of the slack comes in to cheap versions. You can buy the swash on it's own for peanuts ...

Pro versions - I have no idea but would assume similar results.
andy ching
Hopping Maniac
Hopping Maniac

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 5:55 pm
PostPost subject:

admiral wrote:
Hi magyarbacsi,

I have four helicopters with 4.00 mm shafts and the main difference that I can see in them is feathering shafts and blade grips other than that parts appear interchangable, between the four of them you could swap the heads around providing you used the complete head. Quality does vary with the cheap stuff out of china but most of it is usable, but really you get what you pay for.

oooo 4mm same as mine ,mind telling me what helis they are? so i can work on my hybrid 9104! The tail motors keeps failing and cant keep up with the main one losing control !. I installed a SJM 400 metal swash on there and works real well after some adjustment .Looking for a better brushed tail motor .Rebuilding a KDS 450 SV also just dissmantled it to frame as have to replace servos, main shaft etc cheers
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Electronic, Parts, Components, Batteries, and Chargers All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: