Register | Log in

Electric-RC-Helicopter.com's Homepage
AlbumAlbum  | FAQ | Search | Memberlist

aerial photography with electric helicopter

Custom Search
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Electric RC Helicopters General Discussion

Advertisements

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cajunhelicam
Charging
Charging

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:08 am
PostPost subject: aerial photography with electric helicopter

I would like to take aerial photographs with an electric helicopter. Would love to hear from someone who has such equipment. Would like to know total cost (mounting apparatus and helicopter) involved.
Anyone with aerial photo experience?
Thanks
jordy
Hover Master
Hover Master

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:10 pm
PostPost subject:

You can try the DraganFlyer. There was a thread about it just recently. Its official website is at http://www.rctoys.com/rc-toys-and-parts/DF-SAVS/RC-HELICOPTERS-DRAGANFLYER-SAVS.html and I've suggested a website with lots of video about it at: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=688963612377035668
silhouette015
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 12:23 am
PostPost subject:

Very recently, my company hired an aerial photography company to take an overview photo of the office and all the venue (my company is an exhibition center). The company that came used nitro helicopter which they custom fitted (by them self) with digital photo cameras. They set it up so that it required two person to make the whole system work, one to control the helicopter and another to control the camera through a live AV feed. Although the model that they flown that day was nitro, they had an electric helicopter (a T-REX 450) in their van. Which means that it is possible to fit an electric rc helicopter with an AV system. But I think doing so will be quite expensive. It's probably more economical to go for something like the Draganflyer like Jordy says. It may seem to be costly, but if you bought all the components separately (digital camera, AV feed, a separate receiver/transmitter, etc..) I'm sure the whole system costs much more. Watching all the videos in his post, I don't know how they pull it off, but it looks like only one pilot is required. Also, since the Draganflyer is made especially for aerial photography, it's probably less prone to problems than customized ones.

If you're interested in some other model other than the Draganflyer, do a search for SAVS which is an acronym for Stabilized Aerial Video System. This is what they use to call these types of helicopter now.

However, if it's not professional quality footage you're looking for, then a pinhole camera system is probably your answer. You can get one quite cheap and they are small enough to fit on any electric helicopters.
silhouette015
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:39 am
PostPost subject:

silhouette015 wrote:
Very recently, my company hired an aerial photography company to take an overview photo of the office and all the venue (my company is an exhibition center). The company that came used nitro helicopter which they custom fitted (by them self) with digital photo cameras. They set it up so that it required two person to make the whole system work, one to control the helicopter and another to control the camera through a live AV feed.

The system looks very much like the one on this website: http://www.askmanap.com/

Check them out, they also have a system for the T-REX

(we are not affiliated with them in anyway, just found the website and thought it was cool and relevant Cool )
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Electric RC Helicopters General Discussion All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: