Register | Log in

Electric-RC-Helicopter.com's Homepage
AlbumAlbum  | FAQ | Search | Memberlist

Align 450 Pro build

Custom Search
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Electric RC Helicopters General Discussion Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Advertisements

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Burgess
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:59 am
PostPost subject:

The GA250 will react much faster than the ZD720 does.

When you find the sweat-spot position for the Gain VR(B) where the tail doesn't wag or drift in Rates-mod and in head-hold mode index those two positions. Power down and power up with the VR(B) set in the head hold position and if the heading holds with no wag, keep the knob at that setting.

List your T6CONFIG settings and any changes you have to make if there's a problem and I can program them into my Flysky FS-CT6B so I can then see what's happening.

Do that with the settings for Hausler...

Try pasting your T6CONFIG file for the Hausler and I'll see if I can program my Flysky FS-CT6B with it. If successful I can then see what's happening via my HK450 clone.

Burgess
marks73
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:29 am
PostPost subject:

I'm unable to do a copy paste from T6config. The program I last tried (my flysky2) was set up as far as throttle curve, pitch curve, and duel rate as you suggested. Reverse was on for channels 4 and 6. I was powering up in head hold and then switching from about 2 o'clock to twelve o'clock to be in rate mode during the lift off. gyro is set just off zero delay and 80 limit. Hope this helps solve the puzzle.
marks73
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:15 pm
PostPost subject:

Yesterday and this morning I set up the Flysky receiver as well as the swash plate and blade pitch.
I was able to level the swash dead on while maintaining all zeros on my sub trims. I really like those turnbuckles on my servo to swash plate linkages.
Set the ID pitch curve to 0-25-50-75-100. Was able to get zero pitch at 50 with VR A at one o'clock. Had to reduce the swash AFR on channel 6 to 65 to get -10 at low throttle, -1 at 50% and +9 at 100% Very Happy .
Reset the pitch curves as we discussed in the Kalob thread.
I'm going to finish cleaning up the wiring and probably spool it up this afternoon to try out the GA250 gyro settings.
I'm heading to Pennsylvania to spend some time with my kids and grand kids and want this bird ready for my 33 year old son to try out. I'll of course be taking along the spare parts box. Laughing
marks73
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:07 am
PostPost subject:

Apparently me and this gyro need to have a come to Jesus meeting Very Happy . Seriously, with the way the tail servo mounts to the heli body frame as opposed to the tail boom brackets I'm accustomed to. Getting it out of this constant spin is a chore. It's way to windy today so I opted for my heavy trainer to do some dialing in. I have it back in the garage now to reset my 5 degree tail blade pitch and have another look at the gryo set up.
On a happy note this is one smooth running bird. No vibration what so ever. I do need to change the setting on the braking though. But it's kind of cool waiting for it to spin down since it is so smooth. Laughing
marks73
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:36 pm
PostPost subject:

Mr. Burgess. If you could help me out a bit. The heli is stuck in a counter clockwise spin. I have it set up on the pivoting training gear and I know the issue is in the gyro. Just can't seem to set it up correctly. Any advise?
tombo242
Admin
Admin

Location: Santo Estêvão, East Algarve, Portugal. Now 82, but still feels 22.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:58 pm
PostPost subject:

Couldn't resist breaking in here, I'm sure Burgess will recommend reversing the gyro.

Tom.
Burgess
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:44 am
PostPost subject:

Hi Mark,

Toms right, but do a full check:

Transmitter on.
Throttle Hold ON.
Collective bottom stick.
Energize the receiver.
Helicopter tail towards you.
Move the Collective stick to your left
Leading edge of the tail rotor blades should point to your right and vice versa. If not change the CH4 servo direction, via reverse in T6CONFIG.

Check the gyro response to physical movement.

Hold the tail by the vertical fin.
Move the boom to your left and the leading edge of the tail rotor blades should point to your right and vise versa.
If not change direction of GA250 gyro if blue/red, change to blue/red, red.

Where ever you have the VR(B) set in head hold for initialisation, keep it there for spool-up and lift-off.

If the tail wags it not a sign that the heli is happy.

Just turn VR(B) towards centre in small bites, and do a disconnect and re-energize each time.

Burgess
marks73
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:14 pm
PostPost subject:

I'm traveling to my daughters today but will check that out first thing tomorrow morning. Thanks gentlemen!
marks73
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:31 am
PostPost subject:

You all were correct. Servo needed reversed. However, I only have about 45 degrees of servo travel in one direction from center and none in the other. I plugged in another servo to see if the first had issues and it does the same thing 45 degrees left nothing right. My end points are 100-100 (they were 80,80). Any ideas? It's an align DS425 and the JR 287 does the same. Perhaps I need to rebind or simply try out the Spektrum AR6200 instead of the Flysky?
Burgess
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:15 am
PostPost subject:

Hi Mark
It's to do with adjusting the Endpoints for GA250 gyro, that is, the extent of travel in each direction is adjusted independently.
If you look at the Assan manual
Adjusting the Servo High Endpoint, and
Adjusting the Servo Low Endpoint

In T6CONFIG Reverse is the CH4 normal or reversed?;

Gyro direction setting, blue/red or blue/red, red?
And which direction does the servo travel from center
Clockwise or counter clockwise?

I'll set up on my spare Flysky RX and GA250.

Burgess
Burgess
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:21 am
PostPost subject:

OK, just done a simulation

Transmitter Channel 4 End Points effect the rate of reaction to rudder control input, rather than rudder servo travel, that's always controlled by the gyro limit pot and reduces the over-all deflection. The Assan GA250 provides independent adjustment for each direction.

FS-CT6B Reverse CH4 unchecked (Reversed) so if your TX is likewise servo rotations will be similar as below.

Orientation Looking at the servo from the tail-end of the heli

Adjusting high endpoint blue, blue/red
centre to clockwise.

Adjusting Low Endpoint blue, blue, blue/red
centre to counter clockwise.

Depends on the setting programmed in the gyro.
Move the rudder stick either left or right and observe how the servo output shaft rotates.

Burgess
Burgess
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:57 pm
PostPost subject:

Mark have you managed to enter the setting menu for the GA250 via rotating the VR(B) gain pot back and forth from Head-Hold to Rates Mode, while holding the rudder stick to left or right on the FS-CT6B?

Burgess
marks73
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:55 pm
PostPost subject:

Oh yes. Have it all set up. It's just extremely touchy. How much delay do you think I should set it at?
Burgess
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:23 pm
PostPost subject:

Yeah...they're fast acting gyros.

Is the tail's holding steady, neither fast-wagging nor slow drifting, then don't change the delay setting in the gyro.

As you've seen Rudder end-points are set via the gyro.
This might sound counter intuitive, however, with CH4 the End Point settings change the speed at which the rudder responds to Rudder control inputs. So try dropping the End Points for CH4 to about 65%/65% via T6CONFIG.

How's the cyclic response?

Burgess
marks73
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:57 am
PostPost subject:

Cyclic seems good. But the tail control is touchy as can be. Like watching a bumble bee. Slightest stick movement throws it quite hard. Ill set the end points to 65/65.
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Electric RC Helicopters General Discussion All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 2 of 4
Jump to: