Register | Log in

Electric-RC-Helicopter.com's Homepage
AlbumAlbum  | FAQ | Search | Memberlist

Align 450 Pro build

Custom Search
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Electric RC Helicopters General Discussion Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Advertisements

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Burgess
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:29 am
PostPost subject:

Mark, where is the link-ball on the servo output arm?

I set these at 6mm out from the output shaft centre, with the link-ball on the outer side of the output arm.

This maintains high stall-torque and better adjustment resolution by permitting maximum rotation of the feed-back pot (direct drive) under the output shaft.

Burgess
marks73
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:27 pm
PostPost subject:

Sometimes I think my brain is on vacation. Turns out the tail rotor control rod was the wrong length for the Pro. I discovered it when I tried my last test flight and the ball connector fell off the rod. Turns out I had used a rod for my 450 Hausler. I'm going to try it again this weekend. As for the delay on the gyro. I have it set on 1. No delay. Is that correct?
Burgess
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:49 pm
PostPost subject:

Never mind we all have days like that, some times the vacations come more frequently.

Gyro delay yes one blue.

Burgess
marks73
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:34 pm
PostPost subject:

OK. A little review before test flight. Correct tail servo rod installed 6mm from center.
Channel 6 reversed so slider moves right on left stick looking from rear of helicopter
GA-250 setup:
1 Red Align DS410 Servo
1 Blue (no delay)
1 Blue 2 Red (reversed) so slider moves right while rotating the tail to the left looking from the rear of the helicopter
High and Low Endpoints set just before binding
When powering up in HH @ 2 O'clock on VR B approximately 5 degrees pitch toward tail boom.
Did I miss or adjust anything incorrectly?
Burgess
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:45 am
PostPost subject:

Hi Mark,

Recheck your settings

Channel 4 is the Rudder...Channel 6 is Pitch

As a matter of routine always do a preflight check.
Ball joints,
Rudder, Collective, and Cyclic response to stick inputs.

I take it you've set the end points for CH4 to 65/65, keep it there for now, energize and spool-up, and lift-off the nose may not hold heading.

Increase VR(B) percentage into Head-hold towards 80%
un-plug battery and re-energize to reset the gyro.
Spool up and if the tail wags left/right decrease VR(B) til wag just stops. Keep the VR(B) at that position spool down and re-energize.
Spool-up if the tail hold steady, index that position on the VR (B) knob.

----------------LED ON/OFF-----------------
|------Head Hold------|------Rates---------|
100%-----------------0/0----------------100%
-----80%<<<------------------->>>60%

Next, energize with the VR(B) at that indexed position, then rotate about 40% into Rates Mode spool-up the nose should hold steady increase towards 60% and the nose should hold steady. If the nose does not hold take note of which way the NOSE moves...
to the left increase tail rotor pitch angle...wind in the servo ball-link eye. If to the right wind out the servo ball-link eye.

Always energize the receiver with the VR(B) at that indexed position in Head hold.

If after setting, you find the pirouette rate too slow increase the End Point percentages for CH4, to what your comfortable with, 80/80 seems good.

Burgess
Burgess
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:11 am
PostPost subject:

Hi Mark, were have you go to with your 450 Pro?

Burgess
Burgess
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:12 am
PostPost subject:

Mark,
You can soften the cyclic response for 450 Pro by reducing the percentages for CH1 and CH2 in the Swash Afr settings of the T6CONFIG, and that will reduce the paddle deflections for the cyclic.

Burgess
marks73
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:28 pm
PostPost subject:

What would you recommend to be a good starting point on the swash AFR? I'd like to get all of the servo reaction speeds synchronized.
Burgess
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:05 am
PostPost subject:

To soften the Cyclic response, reduce the percentages for CH1 and Ch2, start with say 35% to begin with.

With CCPM the servos operate in three different functions and speeds:

Pitch--- all three, CH1, CH2, Ch6, move in unison same deflection and speed.

(Aileron)--- only CH1 CH6 respond in opposite directions but equal deflections, same speed.

(Elevator)--- CH1 CH6 respond in one direction and CH2 in the opposite direction, however, the deflections of CH1 & CH6, are less than for CH2.

If there is a lead/lag to any servo for these control functions, there may be a suspect servo.

For a quick check, test each servo from one receiver channel,
Set the Sub Tim to zero,
Set End Points to 100%,

Then with Sub Trim, see how many clicks it takes for the servo to react in both directions, that is, with Sub Trim +% and then -%.

When you did the swash levelling, did the levelling tool keep in contact with all three swash arms throughout full up and down travel, in both ID and Normal flight modes?

Burgess
marks73
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:35 pm
PostPost subject:

As for the leveling. Yes, the tool maintained contact throughout the travel in both modes. It almost seems that the tail servo is the culprit with respect to being overreacting to the amount of controller movement. The swash plate (1,2,6) seems to be reacting OK at 45%. But I'll move them down to 35% and give it another try.
I have the gyro set at: 1 red (align), 1 blue (no delay), blue,red,red (gyro reversed, and the endpoints just off binding. It could be that I'm expecting too much out of my Flysky radio. I've just not brought myself to give up on it and change the receiver to the Spektrum. Hard headedness on my part I suppose, but I guess it wouldn't take that much to try it out and see if that's the issue or it's just in my head expecting more than the machine is capable of producing.
I have found that no matter which on the simulator, neither is like real world flying. It is good hand coordination training though.
I'll test the servos and let you know.
marks73
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:03 pm
PostPost subject:

Burgess. Have you had any issues with the T6 Config software? I just went in to mine to change the swash afr percentages and found them all set back to 100. Now I suppose it is possible that when I was on vacation and had all my helicopters with me that I might have switched my 450 pro with my grandsons 450se but neither was set at 100 on all 3 channels. I'm going to go through the entire setup again and also check my pitch angles and swash plate level through the full scale.
Burgess
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:46 am
PostPost subject:

Mark stay with the FS-CT6B for now, it's all good setting-up practice.

T6CONFIG software
I it best to go through the initialisation procedure:
Settings, COM4, Get User, Open, then chose relevant file and check the settings and click the OK button in each dialogue box.

Swash Afr: only reduce percentages for CH1 and CH2, keep CH6 at 65% or you will reduce max pitch.

Gyro:
I have an Assan GA250 paired with a Corona DS-19MG,
0.07sec/60'
Assan set at 150us/333hz 1 red no delay 1 blue
Transmitter Gain Normal +90% ID -80%
Channel 4 End points 65%/65%

Keep the Gain percentage high just below the point where the tail wags, if too low the tail will drift.
Reduce the CH4 End Points to slow the gyro response to rudder stick input.

If you have something smooth and flat about two-foot square, to place the heli on. Spool up but keep on the mat, and feed in rudder stick input and the heli will pirouette test-out different CH4 end point percentages. Go with the highest percentage your happy with, Jab the rudder stick left and right, the heli will turn and the tail should stop sharp with no bounce. Lift-off and try-out.

I like to keep a written copy of settings for each heli just in case.

Burgess
marks73
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:23 pm
PostPost subject:

I installed a used Pro rotating assembly I bought off Ebay for a spare to check it out. Thought it was a good deal. However when I checked the pitch angles I come up with -off the scale -5 at 50 and +7 at 100. On these assemblies the only adjustable rod is the C linkage rod. Both are at approximately 19.5mm of rod showing in between the ball connectors. Feathering shaft is strait and all linkages appear to move freely. At 50 everything appears to be horizontal with the plane.
Any suggestions as to where to look or should I just completely disassemble and replace the A and B linkage rods that do appear a little rough at the ball links?
marks73
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:19 pm
PostPost subject:

Chose to take the opportunity to buy some new parts. Very Happy Now all of my linkages are easily adjustable. Both of the C rods were slightly bent at the ball links. I'm going to recheck the pitch now and see what I can come up with.
Burgess
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:05 am
PostPost subject:

With excessive negative pitch, either the swashplate is too low (servo-link rods too short, or the C Pitch-rods too short.

Check the swashplate location -height- when the Collective is mid-stick in ID flight mode, this is where a swash-plate levelling tool with tall centre boss for flybar heads is necessary.

Check for perpendicularity:

Blade holders and all mixing arms should be perpendicular the main shaft, the servo arms should also be perpendicular to the main shaft.

There are different sets of A and B solid links, best to check those fitted to that head.

Check dimensions (ball-link eye centre to centre)
A 19mm
B 24mm
C 45mm set to this as a starting point.

Burgess
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Electric RC Helicopters General Discussion All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: