Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Product Discussion

Advertisements

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Burgess
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:52 am
PostPost subject: Align Gpro

Managed to purchase a second-hand Align Gpro flybarless system, minus the hook-up harness at a very reasonable price, back-end of last week. I intend to use it on the Hirobo 600 when I finally get the fuzz built, in the mean time, to check it out and get to grips with the setting-up procedures, I've installed it on the five-blade T-rex 450. This may not have been the best choice due to the mounting location sandwiched between the receiver and underside of the tail boom holder, and the fact that I'm programming via the mini USB port which is on the top of the Gpro and one needs extract the Gpro to connect the USB.

Before the Gpro can be used, the TX stick-gimbals -end-points and mid-stick- have to be calibrated to the Gpro via the software interface, with the swash set to a 90 swashplate and the CCPM is acumplised by the Gpro, also there's the facility to flight parameters. So it's not been quite as intuitive as the guy on youtube.com videos indicated, least-wise, using a Ďnormal' RX, nevertheless, it's an interesting learning curve. With this system it really is a case of needing to first read through the manual and then again while progressing through the procedure.

Burgess
tombo242
Admin
Admin

Location: Santo EstÍv„o, East Algarve, Portugal. Now 81, but still feels 19.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:07 pm
PostPost subject:

That sounds like a real interesting project Burgess. Should keep you off the streets for a while! Wink

Tom.
Burgess
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:48 pm
PostPost subject:

The functionality of Gpro is something akin to that of the soft top control module on the C70, a malfunction develop last autumn... and rain stopped play Sad.
The whole system consists of seven motors lots of miro-switches and pots. So the setting for the micro-switches and pots very much like calibrating the Gpro Wink. Cannot get hold of a Volvo Service Tool apart from Volvo HQ at an enormous price. I've now have the electro-mechanical tech info, from which I should be able to make a home brew an RC based control unit Razz .

Burgess
search-n-destroy
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:28 am
PostPost subject:

Dont hit anyone, the AMA may not cover full size r/c cars Wink
tombo242
Admin
Admin

Location: Santo EstÍv„o, East Algarve, Portugal. Now 81, but still feels 19.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:42 pm
PostPost subject:

Good luck with that project Burgess, sounds like a great way to sort it out.

I don't think that the AMA has any impact in Wales Kevin.

Tom.
Burgess
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:13 am
PostPost subject:

Yeah, cycling the roof through all stages of operate should be easy, it's the firmware in the control modules might be more challenging.

Prior to fitting the Gpro, -which needs digital servos- I was using a GWS PARK HPX F analogue servo in conjunction with an Assan GA250 and they worked just fine.

GWS PARK HPX F Mini Spec:
Torque: 3.0kg.cm speed 0.07/60 at 4.8v

So first-off, I replaced that with an Emax ES09D digital servo

Torque: 2.2kg.cm speed 0.11/60 at 4.8v

However, this was slow and not powerful enough to counter the torque of the five blade head.

Serendipitous, found I still had a Gotech D9257 GS-D9257
Torque: 3.8 kg-cm speed: 0.08 sec/60į at 4.8V
Dead band: 0.002ms frequency: 1520Ķs/80 Hz Digital mode.

Relocated both the receiver and Gpro, better access to the micro USB port.

Made the little platform under the Gpro from a bamboo plant label stick (bamboo's a nice timber to work with).

As I mentioned above, the TX stick-gimbals -end-points and mid-stick- have to be calibrated using the Gpro software interface, but achieved via adjusting the transmitter EPA and Sub-trims.
The software interface has calibration for all six channels end points to be -100%/+100% and mid-position to 0%.
I found doing that with the throttle was not the best thing to do, almost had a runaway heli, fortunately managed to wrangle it with no injuries or damages. Reset TX channel 3 sub-trim to 0%.
Will try doing the Gpro throttle calibration again and then recalibrate the ESC to those settings and run tests with the blades off Wink.

I could do with a good flight sim which has flight parameter settings in order to emulate those of the Gpro.

As I don't have a flight sim any suggestions

Defiantly time for a transmitter upgrade, still like the Graupner MZ-18 9-Channel HoTT, however, I could get a Flysky iRangeX iRX-i6X 2.4GHz 10CH AFHDS 2A and a whole lot of receivers for a lot less.

However, that will have to wait till after the C70 is sorted.Sad

Burgess
Burgess
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:01 am
PostPost subject:

Had a slight amount of lost motion in the swashplate, of about 15 thou that was enough to result in a sudden increase of positive pitch and rate of vertical climb. I dressed the flange under the bearing to close the gap.
Also reduced the blade holder to damper O ring pre-load, and blade clamping, to give more flap and lead/lag. To establish the amount of pitch needed to get air-born, set the normal pitch curve to:
50%, 0.0 degrees
69%, 5.0 "
70%, 5.5 "
70%, 5.5 "
72%, 6.0 "

The head began to respond much smoother and then the battery voltage was down to 3.3v.
I left the flight parameters as suggested/provided, however, the tail isn't rock steady, probably on account of using a five-blade head rather than a two-blade head, will change the rudder parameters. Having to hook-up to the computer to make changes is very much like setting-up with the Fly sky FS-CT6B only more complex.

Burgess
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Product Discussion All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: