Register | Log in

Electric-RC-Helicopter.com's Homepage
AlbumAlbum  | FAQ | Search | Memberlist

Anyone flying Double Horse 9116?

Custom Search
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Product Discussion Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Advertisements

View previous topic :: View next topic  
morety324
Hover Master
Hover Master

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:57 am
PostPost subject:

hey guys. got my 9116 fixed again. haven't had any trouble with the tail rotor not reponding but i do need to give it full right trim on spool up and then trim back in air. i did how ever make a bad mistake after a flight. brought it in to recharge and over charged batties with battery lead still in heli. it seemed to fly well on sunday but last night would not get higher then two feet. batteries seemed to discharge quickly. they are the standard 650 mah and i have another one on the way. i think i know the answer but..... charging the heli with the battery conection in will cause damage to the board right. i am hoping that the batteries are just screwed from over charging but i could be wrong. one more question the battery that comes with the heli is a 7.4 650 mah 2c????
dazza
Charging
Charging

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:32 pm
PostPost subject:

I have the same issue as TonyD and bildnfly had. Had a minor crash and now it seems to not want to respond to tx. It powers up and servos twitch once and that is it. They don't twitch a second time when gyro should sync.
TX controls don't move anything.

Ordered a new board from fella as I think gyro has gone as it would not work with another controller from a 9116
lpnb
Fully Charged
Fully Charged

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:24 am
PostPost subject:

Hi guys,

well I have now run about 50-60 full charges through the 9116, many things have broken with all the high speed crashes etc.

5 prop shafts bent
6 links lost
3 servos have failed (jittery or dead zones)
1 fly bar
1 main motor (the brushes actually wore out!)
1 tail motor and boom
1 blade grip
2 heads

after all that I am still on the same board! I bought another one just in case.

as posted previously I did move the electronics down to where the battery normally sits so as to stop the flybar smacking away at the spot under where the receiver sits.
I velcroed the battery to the bottom. I now have 6 x 800mah lipos and the standard liIon. it is really great having all those batteries, I can have about 1 hours worth of flying all at once. probably more, those 800mah lipos really last for ages! 15min max maybe, I'll have to time it and see how long. OH yeah and having it velcroed on means I can move the weight forward for when the wind is strong it helps flying into the wind.

Amazingly the main bearings are still o.k. after all the crashing.....they are tiny!!!

BTW I also chopped the bar end weights in half, it seems heaps more responsive now..
Sponsor

morety324
Hover Master
Hover Master

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:23 am
PostPost subject:

hey lpnb. I have notice a twitchy servo on the right side. In fact it almost rotates fully around. is there a speciafic servo that needs to be used or will any servo the same size work as replacement. also wondering if any one has tried to use the 1000 mah battery from the dh contra in the 9116. does it fit the battery compartment
lpnb
Fully Charged
Fully Charged

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:33 pm
PostPost subject:

Hi Morety,

yeah the right side. and it also moves of its own accord When I adjust the throttle....without the throttle, if I hold full forward and left the right servo progressively moves almost vertical without any further movement....weird, must just be the cheapness.

I bought some cheap 3.7g servos off ebay....no better then the orig ones, 2 of the 6 were dead from the packet.

I would not go any bigger than 800mah....plenty of flight time and heavy enuff...the lipo makes a good upgrade by itself, more voltage so slightly more power....

anyway I think I have spent way too much time and energy on this cheap heli!!!!! time to upgrade!

morety324 wrote:
hey lpnb. I have notice a twitchy servo on the right side. In fact it almost rotates fully around. is there a speciafic servo that needs to be used or will any servo the same size work as replacement. also wondering if any one has tried to use the 1000 mah battery from the dh contra in the 9116. does it fit the battery compartment
IceRail
Charging
Charging

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:57 am
PostPost subject:

Just discovered this thread...

This sounds like a somewhat interesting bird. Is there a "favorite place" to buy one?

(I checked Amazon; they want $119.00 shipped)
lpnb
Fully Charged
Fully Charged

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:45 pm
PostPost subject:

EBAY 100 Shipped....that was to Australia.

IceRail wrote:
Just discovered this thread...

This sounds like a somewhat interesting bird. Is there a "favorite place" to buy one?

(I checked Amazon; they want $119.00 shipped)
IceRail
Charging
Charging

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:26 am
PostPost subject:

lpnb wrote:

anyway I think I have spent way too much time and energy on this cheap heli!!!!! time to upgrade!

Walkera v400d02! Cool
2old4toys
Fully Charged
Fully Charged

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 7:52 am
PostPost subject:

I seem to have encountered the same or similar problem as bldnfly above. After a fairly hard "landing", the tail rotor just spins at full speed unless I give it full rudder the other direction, when it powers completely off. I'm thinking the controller board is having a problem, as the motor itself seems to be working just (too?) fine. But perhaps somebody has a specific suggestion as to how to troubleshoot?
I'm thinking I should probly just go ahead and order another board...

Thanks!
lonerider62
Fully Charged
Fully Charged

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:56 pm
PostPost subject: Re: Doublehorse 9116

magyarbacsi wrote:
Well, I did a search again and there seems to be quite a few opinions re 9116. By the way, a Walkera CB180D weighs 10.5 oz. The 9116 is 24 oz. Just fyi. The 9104...? ( I miss wrote the model before as 9014, should of been 9104)

I just weighed my 9116 on a good scale, it came in at 9.4 oz. The 180D and 9116 are very close in size but the thing I didn't like about the 180 was it's carbon fiber frame which I though was too fragile, WAY too fragile. The 9116 does fly as good in my opinion.
morety324
Hover Master
Hover Master

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:05 pm
PostPost subject:

hi there. i haven't been here for a while. I ran into more trouble with my dh 9116. After replacing the board and about an hour of trying bind rec to trans, I found that now the heli will have a power surge when in flight. It will spool up ok and get to a hover position but then the motors will surge up with power with out stick input. I wonder if anyone else has had this problem. Also I know it is probable on another string but... I did buy a flybarless cotra and can fly it quiet well. The problem is that when I was flying, it suddenly it went into a counter clockwise spin and is not controlable with stick or trim settings. I contacted the company and checked out thier list of to check items found nothing wrong. I did notice that the tail rotor is starting and running without main blade rotating and i can stop the tail blade with a finger when it is running. The gears look good and i wonder if the tail motor might be gone. Has anyone had trouble like this with other contra's thanks folks.
metalwizard
Hover Master
Hover Master

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:07 am
PostPost subject:

Hi guys brand newbie to the forum.. Been lurking for a bit.

I have had a couple of coaxial birds and had fun fling indoors.. so I moved up to a Double horse 9116. and I tell you what this thing is a lot of fun.

I just got it friday, upgraded to 850 mah batteries, Velcro'd them to the bottom of the bird and started flying.. took me a couple flights to get the hang of the rotor control being on the left instead of the right, but once I got that figured out... no problems.. although it does get going a little faster than I wanted to right out of the gate.

I learned that small stick input does a LOT to get it moving quite fast.. all and all it was pretty easy to learn the feel of it.. I really LOVE flying this thing... until this morning..

I am at about 100 feet in the air just kind of hovering, trying to learn the feel for tail rotor turns (up high gives me lots of response time) when al of a sudden it spins out of control.. I let of the throttle and it falls out of the sky.. I actually am close enough that I was able to catch it so no crash damage..

I power her back up and NOTHING from the tail rotor. I tried pulling the battery letting it sit for a min or two, and turning off the transmitter and letting it sit for a bit to in hopes it would reset.. I power back up and same thing no tail rotor..

Man a dozen decent flights and now this.. anyone else have the same issues?

I tried calling banana hobbies but they are closed. I imagine its a warranty thing.. but their website says i have to return it to them and let them inspect... Man I have a few days off and I wanted to spend it flying and learning..
chopper54
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:21 am
PostPost subject: post subject

Does it have a small plug that plugs into the main board. It may have come loose. Tail motors often dont last too long anyway, they work very hard. It may have just conked out and need replacing.
metalwizard
Hover Master
Hover Master

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:45 am
PostPost subject:

Yes it does have a small plug I tried pulling that quick blow out and replace.. still nothing.

I understand they work hard but 12 flights??
metalwizard
Hover Master
Hover Master

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:38 am
PostPost subject:

Well I have found that Banana hobbies is a total waste of my time. I got the "screw you I got your money theres nothing you can do" response from them today.

To anyone thinking about purchasing from them. STAY THE HECK AWAY from them. unless you enjoy being screwed!
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Product Discussion All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 3 of 6
Jump to: