Custom Search
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Product Discussion
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TonyD
Hopping Maniac
Hopping Maniac

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:55 am
PostPost subject: Anyone flying Double Horse 9116?

Hello Everyone,

I have recently purchased a Double Horse 9116 after having some issues with a flybarless fp helo and am awaiting for it too be delivered. I have discovered a place to order spare parts for the 9116 at http://www.feala.com/double-horse-9116-rc-helicoter-shuang-ma-9116-and-parts.htm and have read that most of its parts are the same as the DH 9001.

Am wondering if anyone flying the 9116 is willing too share their learning curve with this particular helo?

Thanks!
Tony
tombo242
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

Location: Santo EstÍv„o, East Algarve, Portugal. 78, but still feels 18.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:15 am
PostPost subject:

Wish I could help you re spares Tony, but I don't have that particular heli.

However, if you follow Radds you should be flying in no time.

Tom.
magyarbacsi
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:51 am
PostPost subject: Doublehorse 9116

I think that model is too new on the market as I have searched for any reviews and have found none. If you are a beginner, stay away from flybarless copters as they are not a stable as ones with flybars.

If the 9116 is built to DH standards, it should be a very durable bird. I had two DH copters and still have the 9014 single blade 3.5ch. It flies ok, but with no aileron, it wint hover for toolong. The 4ch should be more controlable and fun. DH parts are plentiful and cheap. Their electronics... I have not had a problem.

Buy a batch of main blades now. I have not had to change mine sine day one and had it for over 4 mos. I think it is a competition with the likes of Walkera CB180D/ Exceed Madhawk 300 and similar. Same main rotor diameter.

If it sells well maybe they'll come out with larger battery with voltage and capacity and brushless and get you the 10min flight. I doubt with the battery it comes with will get you beyond 5 min.They are very durable and on the heavy side, but do survive crashes the lighter Walkeras wont. I know from experience as I have both of the above.

I've been toying with getting one on ebay, shipped for under $90, just to see what's it like.
Sponsor

magyarbacsi
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:26 am
PostPost subject: Doublehorse 9116

Well, I did a search again and there seems to be quite a few opinions re 9116. By the way, a Walkera CB180D weighs 10.5 oz. The 9116 is 24 oz. Just fyi. The 9104...? ( I miss wrote the model before as 9014, should of been 9104)
morety324
Hover Master
Hover Master

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:02 am
PostPost subject: double horse 9116

hey tony. i ve had a 9116 for about two weeks now. this is my first 4 channel so still learning but it seemes to preform pretty well. not sure what u mean by flybarless. i have tried to contact the company in the sates about parts but no reply yet. i may ask them if this heli uses the same parts as the one u mentioned. I have only used heli outside once due to winter temps and condition up in canada but it seemed to work well.
JimmyToo
Fully Charged
Fully Charged

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:14 pm
PostPost subject: Re: Anyone flying Double Horse 9116?

Hey Tony, I purchased my first DH9116 and it's parts from http://www.getfavorite.com/double-horse-9116-18inch-2-4ghz-4-channel-single-blade-rc-helicopter-with-gyro-and-led-transmitter.html,I think that 2.4GHz that means you can control serval heli only.others are the same!
TonyD wrote:
Hello Everyone,

I have recently purchased a Double Horse 9116 after having some issues with a flybarless fp helo and am awaiting for it too be delivered. I have discovered a place to order spare parts for the 9116 at http://www.feala.com/double-horse-9116-rc-helicoter-shuang-ma-9116-and-parts.htm and have read that most of its parts are the same as the DH 9001.

Am wondering if anyone flying the 9116 is willing too share their learning curve with this particular helo?

Thanks!
Tony
TonyD
Hopping Maniac
Hopping Maniac

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:59 pm
PostPost subject:

magyarbacsi and all!

Thanks to all for such valued opinions - I received the DH 9116 yesterday and after preflight checks, albeit rather quickly, I charged it up. I must say that after only a few minutes playing with this particular helo I was able to successfully get up off the ground and hover! With my other 4 channel helo that is flybarless was only able to crash it resulting in having to replace the main gear and tail rotor.

So far am not only satisfied but am extremely happy with this particular model.

Tony
TonyD
Hopping Maniac
Hopping Maniac

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:10 am
PostPost subject:

Update -

This helo is well built, feels solid and for a cost of 79.00 I wish I had looked at earlier before purchasing my other 4 channel, flybarless helo!

The only compliant I have is in reference to the battery which is rather small, a 7.4V 650mh, and does not last long. The battery can not be exchanged for another one that is already charged so therefor a small but tolerable annoyance. I am able to fly approximately five minutes before LVC cuts in which I guess may be the best for someone such as myself who is just learning to fly.

There certainly is a learning curve coming from a 3 channel helo to a four channel helo but it is not a curve that can not be overcome. The ability to switch between 'fast' and 'slow' servo response is really helpful and at the moment I am in the 'slow' mode of operation.

Anyhoo
TonyD
Hopping Maniac
Hopping Maniac

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:17 pm
PostPost subject:

Update -

The tail rotor failed after what I estimate to be approximately one hour of flight time.

I have ordered two more, one for replacement and one to have on hand from feala.com am currently awaiting for them too arrive via snail mail.

Other than the failure of the tail motor I am completely satisfied with the DH 9116 as it provided me an opportunity to learn those necessary 4 channel skills to get it into the air.

Anyhoo,
Tony

BlitzRCWorks Contra
Double Horse 9116
Blade mSR X
morety324
Hover Master
Hover Master

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:12 am
PostPost subject: 9116 dh 4 channel heli

i have been flying this heli for about three weeks. very nice heli but i am having trouble getting the trim set properly. on spool up it wants to move backwards and to the left. i try to trim out the backward movement but find that is not working well. the heli is in good balance not tail heavy. any suggestions??????
tombo242
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

Location: Santo EstÍv„o, East Algarve, Portugal. 78, but still feels 18.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:44 am
PostPost subject:

Hi morety,

Sounds like the swash is not level. Can you make sure that it is levelled at center cyclic.

Tom.
TonyD
Hopping Maniac
Hopping Maniac

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:40 am
PostPost subject:

Hi Morty -

Tom's advice make sense to me although I have not had the issues with my 9116 that you are experiencing. Yes, initially I did have a problem with trimming it out but I have learned to trim it up once it up off the ground about 18" or so. I gave up trying to trim it up based upon how it wanted to take off because it seemed I just could not get it set correctly. Once in the airborne I am able to trim it up rudder / aileron / fore / aft with very little trim adjustments which allows me to by just 'baby sitting' the stick maintain an almost dead center positioning hover.

Anyhoo, hopefully you are enjoying that DH 9116 as am I because as you said it is a very durable and forgiving helo

Anyhoo,
Tony

BlitzRCWorks Contra
Double Horse 9116
Blade mSR X
Kent P.
Hopping Maniac
Hopping Maniac

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:22 am
PostPost subject: RE Double Horse 9116

Hey Tony,
I got one of these from my Son for Christmas and am having a good time with it. Never flew one before but I have had it hover a little until I crashed it and broke a rotor blade. Got parts coming from feala though so we should be up and flying soon. With reguards to the battery it looks to me like it can be changed out in a few minuets so I ordered a spare to see what that is like. I mean even if it takes 10 minuets or so that beats 1hr or more to charge one. I might even try to figure a quicker way to change it out and if I do I'll let everyone know how it works.
Until then,
Kent P.
TonyD
Hopping Maniac
Hopping Maniac

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:25 am
PostPost subject:

Hi Kent,

Yes I do agree that the DH 9116 is a blast too fly, I certainly had a load of fun with until the tail rotor let go but have one and a spare on the way.

Flying the DH 9116 allowed me to get my 'stick' confidence so that I could once again go back and try to fly my Contra which I did successfully. This hobby is one that is very addictive! Smile

Enjoy!

Anyhoo,
Tony

BlitzRCWorks Contra
Double Horse 9116
Blade mSR X
19Dadio54
Charging
Charging

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:08 am
PostPost subject: DH 9116

I bought both a DH 9100 3channel and a DH 9116 4 channel Heli thinking I would train on the 9100 and then move onto the 9116. Could not get the 9100 into stable flight. I know there is a learning curve involved but any trimming adjustments did not seem to have any effect. So I moved onto the 9116 and within 20 minutes I was hovering in a small area. I was pleasantly surprised by this and was looking forward to more intricate maneuvers when the Tail rotor stopped working. Of course this caused the Heli to spin on it's axis and became unflyable. I checked all connections tracing wires from tail to board and found them apparently good. Not sure if it's the board or a bad motor...Tony how did you decide it was the motor and not the board? Will be interested to see how quickly your parts arrive Tony...Slow start to a Fun HoBBy~!!~
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Product Discussion