Register | Log in

Electric-RC-Helicopter.com's Homepage
AlbumAlbum  | FAQ | Search | Memberlist

beginner r/c helicopter help

Custom Search
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Electric RC Helicopters General Discussion

Advertisements

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dino89
Charging
Charging

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:58 pm
PostPost subject: beginner r/c helicopter help

hello to all on the forum completely new to helis but owned a couple of r/c cars
what is a good out the box ready to fly kit for a complete beginner been drawn to honey bee but see there are 4 chan and 6 chan models diff battery combinations etc thought the 6chan with stunt s would be good after learning basics but not sure wether it would be to much ot wether you can still fly as if it was a 4chan ignoring the other 2 channels
want something fairly easy to learn with but thas capable of being good fun once i have mastered it
just ordered the simulator software realflight after reading another post
Dean
silhouette015
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:04 pm
PostPost subject:

Welcome dino89!

To start out with RC Helicopters, I really recommend that your first model be a four-channel, co-axial helicopter. The four channels are enough to maneuver in every direction that you please (except upside down), the other two channel will become necessary later on when you want to fly upside or do advanced aerobatics.

These coaxial helicopters are very stable and relatively easier to fly. They are also very durable and will be able to withstand lots of crashes. The only expendable part will be the blade, which is quite cheap. And it will give you a feel for what it's like to fly one, and smooth out your controls.

The recommended and most popular beginner's model is no doubt the Blade CX line. A lot of people in the forum said good stuff about it. Check out this tread . Personally I started out with the walkera 54, which suited me well. But I have to admit, with all the accessories that comes with the Blade CX now, the walkera 54 doesn't even come close, at least in terms of value. Another good model is Esky's Lama V4, which comes complete with a pretty good charger.

Practicing with a flightsim will get your helicopter in the air much faster too. It's good that you ordered the realflight, you can't go wrong with it. Smile

Welcome once again, and I'm sure you will enjoy flying! Very Happy
dino89
Charging
Charging

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:52 pm
PostPost subject:

thanks think your probably right after reading that post it does seem the best way to go the cx seems the best of the two
with the realflight software can you plug your actual controller in or do you need to buy a special controller for it if so where can i get one or a lead if thats required
Dean
hound15
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:45 am
PostPost subject: Re: beginner r/c helicopter help

dino89 wrote:
hello to all on the forum completely new to helis but owned a couple of r/c cars
what is a good out the box ready to fly kit for a complete beginner been drawn to honey bee but see there are 4 chan and 6 chan models diff battery combinations etc thought the 6chan with stunt s would be good after learning basics but not sure wether it would be to much ot wether you can still fly as if it was a 4chan ignoring the other 2 channels
want something fairly easy to learn with but thas capable of being good fun once i have mastered it
just ordered the simulator software realflight after reading another post
Dean

Since you already owned several RC cars, I think you will soon be modifying what ever model you buy with all the tools you already have. Cool
foxtrot
Hopping Maniac
Hopping Maniac

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:06 am
PostPost subject:

dino89,

so have you gone out and bought one yet? I also agree that the blade or actually any decent co-axial heli is the way to go for beginners. Smile
bmmeup
Fully Charged
Fully Charged

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:48 am
PostPost subject:

You'll love the Blade CX2. It's great for getting started plus replacement and upgrade parts are plentiful.
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Electric RC Helicopters General Discussion All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: