Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Belt CP

Advertisements

View previous topic :: View next topic  
shadowforce1946
Fully Charged
Fully Charged

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:22 am
PostPost subject: belt cp pitch problem

Got belt cp from xheli. Had a problem sent it back. They replaced a servo and test flew it. I was checking blade pitch and this is what i read.
Idle up on 0 stick-5 degrees, mid stick+3 degrees, full stick+13 degrees
Idle up off 0 stick + 3 degrees, mid stick+7 degrees, full stick+14 degrees. In idle up all servos are at 90 degrees. idle up off they are way off. I get all kinds of of suggestions, but not sure what is correct. I was setting it up by a guy called nutcaze on rc guides. I hovered it in my garage yesterday and it lifted off fine. i'll never use the 3d mode any way. I just wanted a larger heli to handle the wind and for the hh.
tombo242
Admin
Admin

Location: Santo Estêvão, East Algarve, Portugal. Now 82, but still feels 22.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:56 am
PostPost subject:

Hi shadowforce1946,

Seems to me that your "Idle up Off" should have a small amount of -ve pitch at 0 throttle. Usually about -2~3deg. This ensures that you can get it down in a spell of transitional lift.

Do you only have a 3 point curve? It is normal to have 0 pitch at midstick to match the "Idle up Curve", which should be 0deg at midstick. You do not mention what the throttle curves are, that could be quite important to the pitch settings.

Please give us some more information to help us to help you!
shadowforce1946
Fully Charged
Fully Charged

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:55 am
PostPost subject: not doing to use isle up

I was trying to set up by nutcaze video, which says do set up in idle up mode. I'm not going to use it. I want to know why when i go from idle up to normal my swash plate drops anbot 1/4 in and my servo arms are off and how to get correct pitch settings in normal mode. I've heard every thing from raising swash plate to a adjusting linkage to getting a dx7 tx. I plan on getting a dx6i, but i don't know if it will be able to program the correct settings, because they are so far off. I'm thinking of resetting servo arms to 90 degrees in normal mode and see what that does. I really don't want to try adjusting swash plate or linkages. I'd probably make it worse. I'm using the stock tx.
tombo242
Admin
Admin

Location: Santo Estêvão, East Algarve, Portugal. Now 82, but still feels 22.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:09 pm
PostPost subject:

The reason for setting up in "Idle Up" mode is to ensure that you get the correct pitch at full +ve, mid and -ve settings. These usually match at around 10deg (+ -) with 0deg for midstick.

"Idle up" off or "normal" from midstick up usually matches the "Idle up" curves.

I took a look at Nuttcaze and he is recommending 0deg pitch at midstick, which seems good to me. However, he does not cover the rest of the setup, but goes straight into "Tracking" after saying "Check your manual for the correct pitch curves.

One thing that I do not agree with is that he checked the blade pitch from both sides without the flybar locked in horizontal. I would use the blade holder to hold the flybar while checking the pitch of the first blade, release the flybar, rotate the blades 180deg, lock the flybar and check the second blade. Always work from 1 side only, then if there is any misalignment in the swash it will not vary the pitch at that point.

The other thing that is downright dangerous is holding the heli down with one hand while working the Tx with the other to view the blade tracking. DON'T DO IT! Tie it down well! Do not take chances! Even a small heli can cause very serious damage or even death if the blade hits you, and they can come off or fracture at the root.

Your servos should be at 90deg at midstick with 0deg pitch whether you are in Idle Up or Normal beyond that it depends on the throttle curves and what you intend to do with the heli.

What does the manual say about the recommended curves?
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Belt CP All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: