Register | Log in

Electric-RC-Helicopter.com's Homepage
AlbumAlbum  | FAQ | Search | Memberlist

Blade 120 SR what next in FP Larger Heli?

Custom Search
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Product Discussion

Advertisements

View previous topic :: View next topic  
blairg
Hopping Maniac
Hopping Maniac

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:13 am
PostPost subject: Blade 120 SR what next in FP Larger Heli?

I can fly my Blade SR120 good and I want a bigger helicopter but I want fixed pitch.I was looking at Walkers pro180z and the uflys but have read where they have many electronic problems.Please give me some options as what to buy.would like FP,Tail belt or gear tail if possible and RTF.
chopper54
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:04 am
PostPost subject: post subject

walkera have a nice line of flybarless helicopters. you might find just what you are after amongst them.
Flyby
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:47 am
PostPost subject:

Hi blairg, have you had a look at the Honeybee FP?
Said that, If you have mastered an FP,then why not try a CP heli. Flying is the same.
The larger CP models are easier to fly than the micro FP helis. More stable in a hover and easier to fly outdoor in the wind.
The only drawback is the set up, it takes a while to wrap your brain around it but then when you get it you wonder what the fuss was all about.
I'm in the process of building a 550e FBL 3G and the set up is scaring me a bit, but I know that sooner or later something it's going to click and everything becomes as clear as daylight, besides the beauty of forums is that if you get stuck just ask and there will be someone out there that is able to help you.
My advice would be: don't waste your money on small FP helis, eventually you will want to progress and for that you do need a CP heli, get yourself a second hand Blade 400 or a new one for that matter, they are great value at about £250 with a DX6i radio, you will enjoy the hobby much more.
Sponsor

blairg
Hopping Maniac
Hopping Maniac

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:16 am
PostPost subject:

Me and my son built 2 Trex helis but couldnt fly them so we sold them on ebay.I have tried this hobby that time and I failed badly.I dont want to build because of the setup.I have learned alot by reading this forum I started out with a coaxle and then got the Blade SR120 and then I decided to buy a cp so I did and I wrecked it into my arm and cut it pretty bad.Thats why I want a rtf FP.I am not ready to go to the CP.I do own a DX7 TX.
Flyby
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:40 am
PostPost subject:

Quote:
then I decided to buy a cp so I did and I wrecked it into my arm and cut it pretty bad

Sorry to hear that, but a big FP can inflict the same damage as a CP heli.
Before you make your mind up have a look at this http://www.electric-rc-helicopter.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=2764&highlight=, if I can do it, so can you. Ultimately the choice is yours, fly whatever you feel comfortable with, just enjoy it that's the most important thing.
Flyby
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:53 am
PostPost subject:

I have just found this: http://secure.hobbyzone.com/search/MPU213001.html
check it out it may be what you're looking for.
blairg
Hopping Maniac
Hopping Maniac

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:42 am
PostPost subject:

That is some great flying.I wish I could do that without wrecking the whole house.Is that Blade 400 much harder to fly than the SR120? I also thought about the Blade SR.I am just kinda down on myself after that heli flew into my arm.I like the Funcopter it looks very big I dont know if I can deal with the price after adding the reciever and battery.Oh yea Flyby Thank you for being so helpful.This is why I like this forum lots of helpful kind people here
oldmanflyer
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:00 am
PostPost subject:

you could check out the Walkera 4F200, it has everything a CP heli has but it is FP and RTF. see it on Xheli.com

oldmanflyer
blairg
Hopping Maniac
Hopping Maniac

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:11 am
PostPost subject:

I looked it up and it says it is CP.could you double check it for me I like the specs on it
tombo242
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

Location: Santo EstÍv„o, East Algarve, Portugal. 78, but still feels 18.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:15 pm
PostPost subject:

If you mean this one - then there's no doubt it's definately CP with full 3D capability.

Link

Tom.
Flyby
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:49 pm
PostPost subject:

Quote:
Is that Blade 400 much harder to fly than the SR120? I also thought about the Blade SR

To answer your question, no, if you are proficient with the SR120 you shouldn't have too much problem with it, take things slowly and you'll see that is just about the same to keep the blade 400 hovering. I would not go for a Blade SR, one is a bit smaller than the 400, therefore more prone to wind, and two because of the tail motor, they just don't perform as a belt or torque tube tail. Your confidence is being shattered because of the accident you had, but you should try to put that behind you or every time you fly that would be on your mind and that could be dangerous. Take small steps at the time to build up your confidence, you'll be flying cps in no time.
Good luck

Last edited by Flyby on Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:51 am; edited 1 time in total
oldmanflyer
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:24 am
PostPost subject:

blairg wrote:
I looked it up and it says it is CP.could you double check it for me I like the specs on it

Well, I went to the Xheli site and click on shop by brand, then I click on Walkera, then fix pitch, and it is listed under fic pitch. But there is 2 of them and one is higher priced than the other one, but the one for $209.00 is flybarless and that is the one I mean, it only has 2 rods going to the swashplate just like my Walkera V200D01 flybarless fix pitch heli.

oldmanflyer
funcoptermods
Charging
Charging

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:37 pm
PostPost subject:

the Multiplex Funcopter is currently the largest production FP helicopter, a 500 class heli! a v2 version is supposed to be released in April which will will have an improved flybar and some tail rotor parts as well as a more powerful motor.

here's one of my FC videos http://vimeo.com/18373441

If you want a less expensive FP, you can put a Funcopter head onto a 450 clone here's a video of that
Link

for the 450 FP 'FrankenHeli' you can go with the three servo set up like a CP or you can buy a $10 90į swash and use a conventional two servo FP setup.

The only real mod that has to be done is drilling out (don't do it by hand!) the Funcopter rotor head to accept the 5mm shaft of the 450
1 Corinthians 1:18 For the message of the Cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God
pjdog
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:51 am
PostPost subject:

To answer a question posted earlier. The B400 is allot easier to fly than a 120 sr.

My 2 cents.

jack
RC Helicopters (5) B400-EXI 450 pro-EXI 450-MSR-MCX
DX6I (2)
AMA-952547
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Product Discussion All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: