Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Belt CP

Advertisements

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rudog67
Charging
Charging

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:38 am
PostPost subject: Blade CP twitching problem

I have recently purchased a used E-Flite Blade CP and have a problem.
I charged the battery, and went to do the control test as described in the book that came with it, and when I plugged the battery in the servos keep twitching. So when the radio sticks are moved, it either doesn't respond or acts kinda erratic. I have the motors unplugged like the book says.
The book has no troubleshooting section, so any help would be highly appreciated.
Thanks,
Rudog
vrthai
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:36 pm
PostPost subject:

Hi,

Does the servo start twitching right away?

If so then maybe the servo its self is broken or the receiver maybe sending bad signals. To test this, move the servo to another channel on the receiver. If it still twitches, get a new servo.

On the other hand, if you plug another servo into the problematic receiver slot and the new servo twitches as well, then there's some problem with the receiver.
tombo242
Admin
Admin

Location: Santo Estêvão, East Algarve, Portugal. Now 82, but still feels 22.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:01 pm
PostPost subject:

Hi,

Good advice from vrthai there.

However, one thing bothers me, you do say:-
Quote:
when I plugged the battery in the servos keep twitching.

That sounds to me as if all the servos are twitching and you are on the old FM (27/35mHz) system, not the 2.4gHz. in that case I would say that you have a radio problem, could be either Tx or Rx. Can you borrow a good same frequency Tx to try a quick test? You would have to put your crystal in it of course. (Assuming 27/35mHz.) That would give you a better idea of where the fault lies.

Try to give us as much detail as you can, perhaps we can help more.
Rudog67
Charging
Charging

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:32 am
PostPost subject: twitching

When i plug the batt. in it kind of twitches right away,seeems almost like it gets worse as it sits there.The light on the 3 in 1 goes to green, yet if you move throttle stick it sometimes might flicker red. To me it felt like the 3 in 1 was hot, not sure if it should or not. And lord forbid if the motors are plugged in because they will set there running erratically then it's hard as can be to get it unplugged without trying to fly away or cut my hair. Also, sometimes when batt. plugged in the l.e.d. on 3 in 1 goes stedyily red, other times it will flash and then go green.
tombo242
Admin
Admin

Location: Santo Estêvão, East Algarve, Portugal. Now 82, but still feels 22.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:28 pm
PostPost subject:

Hi Rudog,

This sounds very much like a TX/RX fault. As I cannot find an E-flite Blade CP on 2.4gHz, I assume that yours is an FM setup.

First thing to check is that your Tx battery(s) is/are fully charged, or at least up to the correct voltage. Low TX voltage can cause many problems.

Second thing to check is that you have the same crystals in both Tx and Rx. Not being a new model they could have been changed. If the channels are different then you could get similar symptoms to the ones that you describe. You should see something like 27/80 (on 27mHz) or 35/76 (on 35 mHz). The first number is the frequency, the second the channel. If the crystal numbers do not match that is almost certainly your problem.

The LED flashing is responding to the same erratic inputs/outputs that cause the servos to "twitch". It's the sort of thing that can happen with the FM RC when you power the heli before the Tx, and if the Tx is not communicating with the RX then that is effectively what you are doing.
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Belt CP All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: