Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Eflite Blade helicopters

Advertisements

View previous topic :: View next topic  
drtrider145
Fully Charged
Fully Charged

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:11 am
PostPost subject: Blade SR issues

I have a blade SR , installed new blades , test flew fine then stopped adjusted blade tracking and fly bar paddles . 2nd test flight I first noticed on take off bird required much more right rudder ,infact bird spun while on the ground,this is where I stopped looked it over made sure all control linkages are connected and everything seemed ok and I should have stopped here and investegated further but thought maybe it was ok so I get airborne and bird is all over the place gyrating almost like a toy top about to lose speed and fall over , SO I crash and break a few parts , get new parts installed and same BS gyrating all over , so I stop install old blades and it's better but now I had to adjust all kinds of stuff , after adjusting the gain on the gyro and the Tail mixing pot on esc I can get it to hover safely but something is not right I have never had to adjust the gain other than very small amounts on the radio and never ever touched the mixing pot on the esc , I have notice the dampeners are worn and kinda loose would this cause this gyration from this bird? this bird has flown fine for hours and hours of unadjusted fun, it seems weird that from one minute to the next it went from hero to zero,

thanks for the help in advance
chopper54
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:52 pm
PostPost subject: post subject

hi drtrider145
when fitting new blades its a good idea to balance them before putting them on the heli. out of balance blades can cause a lot of vibration.
did you change the tail rotor. tail rotor must have shiny side of blade facing outwards. wrong way round and it will drastically effect pot mixing
on esc. also when connecting battery be sure not to move heli before gyro initialises as heli becomes very unstable. dampers dont last very long on the sr and need changing regularly. i have slightly stiffer dampers in my sr which gives more stability and they last a bit longer than stock.
you say you adjusted the blade tracking so dont over look the possibility
you may have turned the linkage the wrong way and made it worse instead of better. the sr is notorious for its swashplate to seperate for no apparent reason so it might be worth checking as it will effect flight. its not always easy to see but just check it by nipping it with a pair of pliers and make sure it is still properly attached. good luck.
drtrider145
Fully Charged
Fully Charged

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:52 am
PostPost subject:

this bird was flying fine with the New CF Blades , I just was adjusting the tracking and flybar paddles and after the adjustment everything out of wack I need to look at the swash plate ,maybe seperated IDK thanks for the heads up though
Sponsor

pjdog
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:46 am
PostPost subject:

The swash problem is also true on the Blade MSR. My swash seperated and I was adjusting linkage and could not get it in trim. Then noticed the swash was seperated. Pushed in back together and had to put all the adjustments back were they were.

The dampers don't last very long on the Blade B400 either. 30 maybe 40 flights I do a change. In fact I have to go through the head again now because the B400 has got real sloppy.
drtrider145
Fully Charged
Fully Charged

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:50 am
PostPost subject:

swash plate does not look seperated , but not really sure what I'm looking for , , I have Esc trim turned all the way up and gyro gain seems to not make a difference , however the ch 5 adjustment on tx is far off from 12 o clock more like 4 o clock , and can get it to hover fairly well , but on high collective pitch input tail spins , I think the tail motor is on it's way out
chopper54
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:00 pm
PostPost subject: post subject

hi drtrider145
when adjusting the esc pot you must power heli off, do your adjustment and then power back on for the adjustments to have effect. but if your pot is fully up i would think your motor is finished. simplest way to find out is to pop a new one on. its not too difficult but you will need a soldering iron. make sure you get the tail rotor on shiny side out. it makes a big difference to the setting on the esc. i know this because i had mine on wrong and wondered why my heli didnt fly properly. the tail motor on the sr is a pain but its a cheap to repair c/p heli for throwing round the garden. sometimes the swash can be seperated but hard to see. check by nipping the spinning and static halves together with pliers.
helicoptermadness311
Fully Charged
Fully Charged

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:24 am
PostPost subject:

check on youtube about the swash . They tell about an easy fix by gluein it together. I did it on mine after i had a hard landing in wind . It wouldn't come back off the ground. It make's the pitch neg.
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Eflite Blade helicopters All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: