16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 6

R12NDS
Hover Master
Hover Master

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 4:32 pm
PostPost subject: Blade SR UH-1 Huey...

...or the re-marketed SR, which I understand was rubbish!...now I know why!

I love my 450 3D and thought that purchasing a smaller, cheaper to repair model would benefit my learning curve. Unfortunately, the BNF version of the SR does not come with any radio setup information for the DX6i.

I have scanned the internet and found a couple of sample setups, but these have resulted in immediate crashes, rendering my SR canopy-less! Does anyone have the stock e-Flite Blade SR settings for my TX, perhaps from the RTF version?

I have emailed Horizon Hobby, but have received no response. Spektrum are also unable to help.

Any information would be gratefully received. Ta.
pjdog
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 10:52 pm
PostPost subject:

R12NDS:

A couple of years ago I bought the SR. and then the Huey body. Man - did it look nice. I scrambled until I got it all together. First flight I landed to hard and cut the tail off. Did a rebuild and had another mishap. So then I decided to master the sr before getting another body.

I found out that the SR was not a good quality RC Helicopter. I guess that's not a fair. It is good quality equipment just not a good helicopter. It's a smaller B400. My B400 is my very best and favorite helicopter and flies perfect so why is the SR a dud?????

I sold it and a big loss.

Just my opinion.

Jack
R12NDS
Hover Master
Hover Master

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 1:37 am
PostPost subject:

A valid description of the heli. I spoke with HH today and they kindly provided me with the Spektrum radio settings as none were supplied...however the heli just wants to spin counter clockwise. Ive tried tweaking the settings, but as a newbie I am not confident about what im doing...I feel a HELP topic coming on! Lol

I just fancied a nice looking heli for some less expensive fun and something to sample 3D with...but alas, doesnt look good at this stage.
chopper54
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 3:57 am
PostPost subject: post subject

Pay a visit to the sr section on helifreak. Particularly the blade sr bible sticky. There is plenty of info there on getting the sr set up to its best. If the heli is spinning anti clock wise the most likely culprit will be the tail motor needs replacing.
R12NDS
Hover Master
Hover Master

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 4:29 am
PostPost subject:

CHOPPER54...

I will indeed take a look, but the heli is brand new and the motor has only seen a few minutes run time. If I could be confident that the heli was set up correctly, I would orer a new one...trouble with electric rear motors I guess.
pjdog
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 4:52 pm
PostPost subject:

The biggest problem with the SR helicopter is the tail motor. You may have a defective tail motor. Happened to me.

I have a blade MSR & and MSR-X. Biggest problem with the little MSr's is that they have tail motors. I was replacing the tail motor on the MSR over a year ago and the new tail motor I got from Horizon Hobby was defective. I had ordered two when I got the new motors. The second motor worked fine.

I know RC Helicopter folks that will not own a helicopter if it has a tail motor.
admiral
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 7:15 pm
PostPost subject:

Hi PJ,

Lets agree the tail motor is not good, good on MSR, MCP X and such but on the SR was beyond its limit, however I believe the biggest problem with the SR was the Le Cheapo Plastic Head, I fitted a belt drive tail to mine, it was a bit better but not much.

I should have fitted a metal head, almost temped to buy one on Ebay to prove it, but no that was 10 seconds of wasted thought, it is gone and I never want to tread that path again.

Now I own a Blade 130 X, well hell it flies like a 450, cheap as chips to repair, so why wouldn't you do loops, rolls and inverted, when you bugger up small or NIL repair bill, I'm thinking of getting a second one.
R12NDS
Hover Master
Hover Master

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 2:53 am
PostPost subject:

Keith,

Great advice and I will certainly have a look at the 130x...can always welcome an addition to my growing collection!

Had a very helpful response from HH supplying the exact settings for the SR-Huey so am going to post them seperately so they are easy to find for others who have had problems. Only tested it briefly, but seems to be absolutely fine.

Off to order a tail motor for MCPx...damn electric motors! Crying or Very sad
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Product Discussion All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: