Register | Log in

Electric-RC-Helicopter.com's Homepage
AlbumAlbum  | FAQ | Search | Memberlist

blitz tornado, tail rotor

Custom Search
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Electronic, Parts, Components, Batteries, and Chargers

Advertisements

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wjab
Charging
Charging

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 8:07 am
PostPost subject: blitz tornado, tail rotor

just got my first heli, wrecked it quick. anyhow, all the controls work except the tail rotor. the trim does not work on it either. if i hover the thing just spins in circles. cant stop the spinning with the trim adjustment or the control stick. have checked all connections, the light on the gyro blinks shouldnt it be a continuous light and not blinking? contacted the hobby shop where i purchased it, no help. any ideas will be appreciated. thanks
BearNurse
Flying Inverted
Flying Inverted

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 3:45 am
PostPost subject:

hey wjab'
i have a tornado 3d as well. my question is did you have to replace any of the tail boom or take it off. if you did then the first thing you need to check is if you have the tail belt twisted or dod you turn it the right way? you will know if it is turned the right way when you power up you heli and the tail rotor spins counter clockwise. spinning into the main rotor wash. next you need to adjust the tail servo until the tail rotor blades are in a straight line to each other instead of offset. see if that helps. here is a site that helped me so much.

http://www.rcheliwiki.com/Tail_setup

i try to keep 2-3 Main Rotor Blade Grip 41121
$5.00,Stay Bar 47051 $5.50, Ball Buckle 43091 $7.00, Vertical Stabilizer & Horizontal Stabilizer 47031 $7.00. and of course rotor blades and tail blades. although the carbon fiber blades are like $25.00 i only have one pair extra of those. when you check out your heli for damage make sure to check your stay bars by pinching them to see if they are cracked. good luck and let me know how it turns out.
maxcessnapilot
Charging
Charging

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:32 pm
PostPost subject: Blitz Tornado Keeps Spinning in circle

I just had this problem this week. I figured out the problem; This is due to the gear attached to the tail rotor shaft being loose. Meaning the gear is not longer attached to the shaft. When the main rotor spins master and the tair rotor not spinning as fast as the main rotor because the gear is slpping. I wanted to buy a replace shaft but there are not open hobbys shops today. I got a super glue and glued the geart to the shaft. It seems to be working albeit it's only a temp fix. good luck...
raptor69n
Charging
Charging

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 7:07 am
PostPost subject: Spin and blinking light

Just had that issue and the tail servo was locked past limit worked it by hands to get it back in range and now its working fine but because that locked took a nasty head down and broke one small piece thats out of stock as is most stuff for this bird. So good luck and hope you have better flying experience with it than I have had total flight with this one is 4 minutess total first esc burnt for the main drive after finding that and soldering (lightly and low heat) the board it finely flew then the servo locked. I would NEVER mess with BH again. but thats just me as I said good luck.
Nick
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Electronic, Parts, Components, Batteries, and Chargers All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: