Register | Log in

Electric-RC-Helicopter.com's Homepage
AlbumAlbum  | FAQ | Search | Memberlist

Bought the Mini Fly QuadCopter kit

Custom Search
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Electric RC Helicopters General Discussion Goto page Previous  1, 2

Advertisements

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pjdog
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:45 am
PostPost subject:

Glad you didn't hurt the KK2 after that long wait for it.

I have the new 450 almost ready to test. I got the seconf Kk2, the props showed up yesterday. The ESC's from Xheli showed up. I soldered up the conectors and attached them to the motors. Tested the motors for direction.

So all I need now is the prop assembly for the back of the motors. That's amybe even another three week wait. Coming from China. I need the velcro strap to hold the battery onto the battery platform.

I sent all the values from the X525 to the new 450 and calibrated the ESC's. So Me thinks I'm ready with the prop assembly gets here.

Little things sure are fun.

jack
tombo242
Admin
Admin

Location: Santo Estêvão, East Algarve, Portugal. Now 82, but still feels 22.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:53 pm
PostPost subject:

Box arrived today, just the right size for my quad frame (well overdue). Very Happy
Turned out to be the props, Red (3 RH & 3 LH) and Green (3 RH & 3 LH) and my bullet connectors. I still can't start the build without the frame. Sad However, seems the bits are arriving as and when the post and customs allow.

"Why 12 props for a quad?" you might ask - well I've seen the set-up vids and it looks like I might well need spares, also I got a useful discount for quantity.

Tom.
pjdog
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:27 pm
PostPost subject:

Howdy Tom:

I know what you mean about a large stock of props. Here in Florida in the Hudson area there does not seem to be any counter clock wise props. So I got 24 8X4.5 props. Some left some right. A few days ago I got 10X4.5. Two and three bladed. I wish I had been smart enough to grab so 9X4.5 also. That way I'd have what ever I need.

Sense I can't seem to post a picture on this web site I put the picture in Dropbox.

Waiting on the prop assembly from China. That's all I have that I'm waiting on. well That's all I've got remaining coming from China.

Miss Sharon has suspended my spending for a while. Seems I've been running a muck here lately.

Hope to see you on Skype sometime.
Jack
tombo242
Admin
Admin

Location: Santo Estêvão, East Algarve, Portugal. Now 82, but still feels 22.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:00 am
PostPost subject:

Know how you feel Jack,
Got a similar problem here. When I said "But my quad is only a tenth of your holiday in Scotland!" she said "Well get it then!"

Now, we all know that that means "Wait while I think up how you're going to pay for this one!" It does not mean "Go Ahead". So, I looked at costs and saved over $200 by getting the parts from various sources and, of course, spreading the cost widely.

Unfortunately, she managed to break her leg and ankle so could not go on holiday Rolling Eyes -. soooo, I have both wife to look after and a gradual accumilation of quad bits, instead of a month on my own to build and/or get to the beach Crying or Very sad . Well you can't win 'em all,
life was never meant to be easy was it!

Looking out on Skype,

Tom
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Electric RC Helicopters General Discussion All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: