Register | Log in

Electric-RC-Helicopter.com's Homepage
AlbumAlbum  | FAQ | Search | Memberlist

Crazy incident leads to major issues... help!

Custom Search
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Electric RC Helicopters General Discussion

Advertisements

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kap1027
Charging
Charging

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:37 am
PostPost subject: Crazy incident leads to major issues... help!

So..

I decided to step into a fixed pitch heli for indoor flying. Picked up a blade sr120 at a local shop. Got it flying pretty good, still new to fixed pitch flying coming over from coax.

I made a good turn but went too wide and flew into my kitchen, out of sight. So i killed the throttle and ran in to pick it up. I couldn't find it on the floor...
To my horror, in the sink, in a 12 inch pot of water, is my new heli. So i got it out and let it dry.

Battery is fine, but it looks like one of my servos is locked in the up position.
Possibly fried that motor? It wiggles so I think it's getting signal.

Everything else appears to be in working order after a quick ground test. The other servo is operating normally, and main rotors get full power.

The only other thing is how would the tail rotor react? During the ground test at throttle the tail rotor would wind up and wind down almost in a slow on and off manner.

Basically, I'm asking if you think i need just a new servo assembly, or a whole new 5-in-1. PLEASE help as the 5-in-1 is 70 bucks and if i can get just a servo and get her flying I would be PUMPED.
Burgess
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:16 pm
PostPost subject:

Hello Kap1027,
and welcome to the forum.
Well...as you've played in washing-up, did you remove the cover off the 5-in-1 and make sure the board was completely dry?

Burgess
tombo242
Admin
Admin

Location: Santo Estêvão, East Algarve, Portugal. Now 82, but still feels 22.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:15 pm
PostPost subject:

Welcome Kap1027,

Good advice there from Burgess. I would use a hairdrier on the low setting on the 5-in-1. Don't get it too hot, but make sure that it's really dry. You may have to dismantal that servo and give it the same treatment.

On a brighter note one of my helis 'landed' in my pool, went down about 0.5m (20") before I got it out. After a good drying out it flew with no problems and is still flying 4 years later. Smile

Good luck,

Tom.
Kap1027
Charging
Charging

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:37 am
PostPost subject:

Thanks a lot for the responses!

Turns out the local hobby shop has a "heli expert" who will be in tomorrow.

I will have him check it out but cross your fingers!! Hopefully it's just the servo....
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Electric RC Helicopters General Discussion All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: