Register | Log in

Electric-RC-Helicopter.com's Homepage
AlbumAlbum  | FAQ | Search | Memberlist

DH9104 Gyro

Custom Search
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Electronic, Parts, Components, Batteries, and Chargers

Advertisements

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Calineil
Hopping Maniac
Hopping Maniac

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:47 am
PostPost subject: DH9104 Gyro

Just a quick check, can someone help me sort this out please ? My DH9104 is spinning to the right (counter clockwise) on increasing the throttle during takeoff and the tail unit is a new one (third) which seems to be working fine, so would this be a gyro issue and is the gyro on the copter or in the main transmitter controller it's self ? There seems to be next to no info on this around anywhere and I'm keen on getting my bird back up and running.

All and any help is REALLY appreciated Smile
tombo242
Admin
Admin

Location: Santo Estêvão, East Algarve, Portugal. Now 82, but still feels 22.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:00 am
PostPost subject:

I don't have this heli Calineil but I understand that the gyro takes at least 5 secs to initialise. Are you giving it long enough to do this after the first response, before advancing the throttle? The heli MUST remain still until the gyro initalises fully.

Tom.
Calineil
Hopping Maniac
Hopping Maniac

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:32 am
PostPost subject:

Hi there Tom and definitely, something I've always made sure off before any flight is to check the blades and settings for trim and allow the gyro to initialize before starting up. Seems it gets worse as the throttle rises, the tail blade stays the same speed but on a check without the main rotor plugged in, the tail still runs ok.
platinum
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:01 am
PostPost subject:

Hi,

The DH9104 control board don't have any adjustment. So I think can check the gyro respond by running then turn the the copter by hand to notice the speed change of the tail rotor. If not respond you may need control board replace.

platinum

Calineil
Hopping Maniac
Hopping Maniac

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:52 am
PostPost subject:

Thanks for the reply platinum but the tail unit on these is on its own motor not a direct-drive unit so even turning the main rotor by hand there is effect on the tail unit at all.

Any other ideas ?
platinum
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:11 am
PostPost subject:

Hi,

I mean turn the heli body (change heading) while running. The gyro will respond by vary speed of the tail rotor to keep heading.

platinum
Calineil
Hopping Maniac
Hopping Maniac

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:51 am
PostPost subject:

Hi again Platinum and hey thanks for that idea. Now I'm a little more confused though. I tried again today and the main rotor all seems ok and on startup everything is fine after gyro initialization and once I tested the gyro like you suggested it sure seems ok as the trail rotor reacts when I run the motors and move the heli by hand so would we be looking at more like a control-board issue here ? Missing my flying times. Lol.
InlandAZ
Fully Charged
Fully Charged

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:59 am
PostPost subject:

Calineil wrote:
Hi again Platinum and hey thanks for that idea. Now I'm a little more confused though. I tried again today and the main rotor all seems ok and on startup everything is fine after gyro initialization and once I tested the gyro like you suggested it sure seems ok as the trail rotor reacts when I run the motors and move the heli by hand so would we be looking at more like a control-board issue here ? Missing my flying times. Lol.

I've got the same heli and the same issue - actually it behaved like this right out of the box. Banana Hobby has yet to answer my emails, so I won’t be purchasing anything from those bone heads again.

So far I've replaced the tail (which was wired backwards!) and it seemed to help a bit but eventually it spins and loses control. My other gripe about the 9104 is that it falls from the sky if it's flown more than 20 feet away. It's just not a very good heli in my opinion, so I doubt I’ll replace the receiver, it’s just not worth the money.
Calineil
Hopping Maniac
Hopping Maniac

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:20 am
PostPost subject:

I hear you on that one Inland, I'm keen on getting back flying but this heli is starting to become more of a pain than a pleasure. I think I might just end up biting the bullet and getting the Esky I've been looking at. Either a CP CX or King 3 not sure yet and depends on finances as usual. Lol.

Cheers InlandAZ and looking forward to happy flying.
platinum
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:55 am
PostPost subject:

Hi,

How the tail rotor work for DH9104.
(view by looking down)

platinum

Calineil
Hopping Maniac
Hopping Maniac

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:08 am
PostPost subject:

Thanks for that Platinum. I know how a helicopter works as I've got a background in airforce and navy but this is not a general heli kind of issue. This is definitely electronics going bad somewhere. Time for me to bin this DH I think and head to something that I know won't break down after only a few weeks and several issues later. I dont think I would ever really recommend DH to anyone thats for sure. Lol
michaeldepeza
Fully Charged
Fully Charged

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:15 pm
PostPost subject:

Calineil wrote:
Thanks for that Platinum. I know how a helicopter works as I've got a background in airforce and navy but this is not a general heli kind of issue. This is definitely electronics going bad somewhere. Time for me to bin this DH I think and head to something that I know won't break down after only a few weeks and several issues later. I dont think I would ever really recommend DH to anyone thats for sure. Lol

hey bro i'm new to this forum but if you are gonna dump the DH then send it to me please instead i could use the parts.............. Very Happy
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Electronic, Parts, Components, Batteries, and Chargers All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: