Custom Search
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Product Discussion
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pjdog
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 3:24 am
PostPost subject: Don't buy from MIA micro-flight (scam)

Donít buy any thing from Mario Arguello of micro-flights. I ordered and Hughes 500E body from him for the little MSR on 05/05/2010. Never received anything. Iíve emailed him twice (2). First time he said he shipped it. That was 05/12/2010. Said he shipped U.S. Postal Service. Gave me a postal ID number. Said I would receive it in 2 to 3 days. Iíve always received thingís within 2 to 3 days when using the U.S Postal Service. They are the best. But I still didnít receive the body. So I emailed Mario Arguello of MIA micro-flight again. He claims he checked his records and it has been shipped and I should receive it in 2 to 3 days. Thatís what he claimed last time. That was on 05/17/2010. Still Iíve not receive anything. So beware. I donít think this is a guy to do business with. I believe itís a scam.

I opened a claim with Paypal claiming Ďno item receivedí. I see what happens.

Be Advised.

Jack
RC Helicopters (5) B400-EXI 450 pro-EXI 450-MSR-MCX
DX6I (2)
AMA-952547
tombo242
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

Location: Santo EstÍv„o, East Algarve, Portugal. 78, but still feels 18.

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 5:22 am
PostPost subject:

I go along with that PJ, a quick search shows many similar cases.

This guy may come good in the end, but rarely does he meet the standard that you expect from a reputable dealer.
pjdog
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 7:34 am
PostPost subject:

Thanks Tombo242.

I filed a claim with Paypal. Paypal jumped on it. Now I've emailed these folks twice. Each time I posted my name, mailing address, email ID and transaction number. This time they claimed that they had archived my mailing address or palypal had which is B/S. This is after I received and email from them on 05/12/2010 that it was mailed. And all there emails had my mailing address on them? Go figure. Guess they think I just fell of the banana boat.

These folks are running a scam. I think maybe playing with your money before they have the goods to ship. Anyway - I demanded a refund. Told them no more excuses just refund the money. I will see what happens. I still think they are crooks. Beware.
DX6I (2)
AMA-952547
Sponsor

moparherb
Hopping Maniac
Hopping Maniac

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 10:16 am
PostPost subject:

This guy is a really bad operator. I too got involved with him and tried to recover about $30.00 thru PayPal. He gave them the BS that he had shipped via the USPS. All he had was a postal service number and he had not shipped but it kept Paypal off his back for a few more weeks. I finally got the products (no response to any e-mails) and they were of very poor quality...Not one piece was usable. I cannot believe he continues in business. I also think he may be a crook.......
JR 9503
frank26all
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 12:16 pm
PostPost subject: mia

hey pjdog,I had a 4g3 a couple months ago and I orderd the phantom canopy and skids from mario,it took a week and a half to get it but I did get it. I hope he comes thru for you.I'm pretty sure he does business one customer at a time and nothing is mass produced but he should give an estimate of how long it's gonna take. good luck
tombo242
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 5:29 pm
PostPost subject:

From my investigations, (I have never dealt with this guy personally), he will purchase the US Mail ticket which logs a purchase date and puts a record of the item into the US Mail system, but not a despatch date and then uses that as the despatch date.

It is a generally accepted principle that no cards will be charged or full payment accepted until the goods are packed and ready for despatch. It is quite acceptable to make a small reservation charge for goods not in stock. He does not do this!

Frank says
Quote:
it took a week and a half to get it but I did get it.
How long does the US Mail take to get a small parcel across the country? I believe that it would not be more that 3 working days, certainly not a week and a half.

If goods are not ready for despatch he should say so, he does not, but tells his customers that the goods have been despatched and takes full payment leaving them waiting for the mail. No way is this good business pratice.

In none of the many cases that I have found where a customer has demanded and got a full refund has the promised "already despatched" goods arrived.
jlvr51
Hopping Maniac
Hopping Maniac

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 11:19 pm
PostPost subject: MIA Micro-Flight

Well guys ... add me to the list of no repeat customers. If you looked at my post "Nite Lites on MSR/MCX" I ordered the MD500 fuse from MIA and installed Tiny Brite lights. Posted a photo of the end result. If you read the brief description; looks good, flies good, but rather spendy for what you get!!! Tape and glue does not make for "durable" to me. As for the purchase order to product receipt time ???
Quote:
Mario of MIA Micro-Flight claims to be swamped and in the process of updating/adding to the website. Nice thought, but in the meanwhile, customer purchase orders get pushed out past 7 - 10 business days delivery. It was about the last week in April when I received my kit ordered 05Apr2010.

As we used to say in the Hawaiian Islands ... uku pila huhu (more trouble than it's worth)
SkereD53
Fully Charged
Fully Charged

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:45 am
PostPost subject:

Glad I read this post as I was eyeing the landing gear set for my 120 SR.
At least the LHS has a couple sets in case I break them.
rockinjim
Charging
Charging

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:44 pm
PostPost subject: 7 days to ship

add me to.....mia is so slow to ship...no emails ...and when you email them they reply with a fight...mario and sylvia dont undrstand customer service.....i wont buy anything but nice web site you can always go ther and watch mario play with heli lol.... p.s. is paypal going to dump them?
Mario I. Arguello
Charging
Charging

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:06 am
PostPost subject:

If anyone stumbled on this thread and is wondering about MIA,

I'd appreciate people read my response at this link, whcih was also addressed to PJDOG and others with similar concerns.

http://www.rcdiscuss.com/index.php?topic=24328.0

If in doubt, I also addressed this issue at about the same time I posted the link above, at our site.

To Our Valued Customers

http://www.micro-flight.com/To%20MIA%20Customers.htm

I've been around for a long time, and my name (MIA) can be easily found all over the internet regarding Radio Control Micro, Sub-Micro, Palm Size helicopters, as well as Ultralights, Trikes and Autogyros.

As many people know me, I like to come face to face with issues, and resolve them, especially if they are legit and require my attention.

I've said many times I am not perfect, who is? my personal problem has been not been able to keep up with demand for our popular products.

I am not confortable selling my designs or licensing my products to large companies, for mass production and quick distribution, because I have always felt this process tends to dilute the unique, custom features, and in many cases the quality of the end product, something I 've been keen on retaining from the day I established MIA Designs - MIA Micro FLIGHT.

If anyone has any concerns or issues, you can always reach me at
MIADSGNS@COX.NET directly by requesting to speak to me personally.

I will not revisit this thread, as I do not have time to be monitoring everything peole say on the web. However, from time to time, MIA customers do point me in some direction where my attention may be required and so you will probably find me there, addressing similar concerns.

I also have a page of testimonials, at my site and you can also see many positive comments many of our customers say about MIA Micro FLIGHT in our You Tube Channel and in other RC web sites.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Mario
pjdog
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:34 am
PostPost subject:

Mario:

The facts of my post speaks for itself. I'll never buy anything from you ever again.

jack (pjdog)
DX6I (2)
AMA-952547
moparherb
Hopping Maniac
Hopping Maniac

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:04 am
PostPost subject:

I too stand by my comments. No matter what Mario may claim he runs a very poor business and I too would never buy from him again nor would I tell anyone I associate with to buy from him.
JR 9503
tombo242
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:37 pm
PostPost subject:

How do you explain this Mario?

tombo242 wrote:
If goods are not ready for despatch he should say so, he does not, but tells his customers that the goods have been despatched and takes full payment leaving them waiting for the mail. No way is this good business pratice.

In none of the many cases that I have found where a customer has demanded and got a full refund has the promised "already despatched" goods arrived.

I ran my own production and mail order business for 16 years before retireing. Never was a customer charged until the goods were packed for that days' despatch.

Tom.
nick_onelove
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 11:55 am
PostPost subject:

Yikes, I just ordered the blade grip safety device and the special micro training gear he sells for the mCP X a couple days ago. He sent me a tracking number and the package is on its way so I don't have anything bad to say about him, but I guess I won't be ordering from there again.
moparherb
Hopping Maniac
Hopping Maniac

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 7:12 pm
PostPost subject:

Nick_ be careful. He likes to give you a USPS tracking number, that any business can create on there computer, but NOT ship the merchandise. Unless you actually see the package going from one post office to another in the USPS tracking page, your package has not actually been shipped. And don't bother e-mailing him because he won't respond. most likely he has your money and has not shipped your product and because he has a tracking number Paypal won't do anything for you. Good luck to you with this guy.
JR 9503
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Product Discussion