Register | Log in

Electric-RC-Helicopter.com's Homepage
AlbumAlbum  | FAQ | Search | Memberlist

Double Horse 9116 Trimming problem

Custom Search
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Electric RC Helicopters General Discussion

Advertisements

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pabloplazarte
Charging
Charging

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:02 am
PostPost subject: Double Horse 9116 Trimming problem

Hello everybody. I'm new on this hobby and I hope you can help me, I just bought a Double Horse 9116, when I tried to fly it the helicpter was going like to left side, so I tried to adjust it by trimming the aileron side then the swashplate went all to the left and I can't movit back to the centre, the trim button doesn't respond. I've tried everything but it doesn't work.
Does somebody know how to reset the controller or the servos? or a solution for that? please.
Burgess
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:29 pm
PostPost subject:

Hello pabloplazarte and welcome to the forum.

Now that sounds like real bad luck. As the helicopter and transmitter are brand new, first-off I would suggest you return them to the vendor as faulty and they ought to replace.

I wouldn't think the problem is within the transmitter, it sounds more-like a servo has been over-driven resulting in the last two gears of the geartrain locking-up on the stop tab. This ought not have happened, so again return to vendor.

But if you decide to investigate:
Don't turn the output arm, but remove the servo. You'll need cross-point Watchmakers screwdrivers for this. Unscrew servo arm retaining screw and remove the arm. From the base of the servo, unscrew the four small case retaining screws and ease-off the top casing to expose the geartrain, be mindful that the intermediate gear-shaft may disengage from the bottom of the gear chamber as you lift off the top casing. If you remove the output gear from the shaft of the feed-back pot, take note of the orientation flat on the shaft and ‘D' hold in the base of the gear.

Reassemble the geartrain complete with intermediate gear-shaft, fit the top case back on, insert the four screws up through the casing, rotate the screw gently as if undoing till a click is heard/felt then screw home, do likewise with the other screws while ensuring true casing alinement. Refit the servo, energise the receiver, the servos should centre, switch-off the receiver refit the servo output arm so as to aline with the other, check the swashplate is level from the side and read views. Energise and test cyclic functions.

Here's a good video includes an expiation of servo movements
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAPAIVFMVJ0

A forum with a 9116 discussion group
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1750650

and great sound track that's got noting to do with helicopters

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQIRbV_noi8

Burgess
pabloplazarte
Charging
Charging

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:32 pm
PostPost subject:

Dear burgess thank you so much for answer my question, to be honnest I don't have the box anymore and I don't think the store would change the article like that but I'm gonna try it or at least the transmitter, I'm thinking the problem is the transmitter because the gyro trim is working wrong, well, at least it work jaja... It just move to the right side even if I move the button to the left the indicator on the screen goes to the right and then stay like that it doesn't move anymore but when I swich off the transmitter the indicator goes back to the centre, also the tail rotor increase the rpm's when I move the stick to the right side, but when I move it to the other side i just stop, and when is at the centre it rotates sightly I don't know if it is normal?...

I have watchmakers screwdrivers I'm gonna check the servo as you sugest... I'll let you know how it goes...Thank you so much for your help...
Shaun96
Hopping Maniac
Hopping Maniac

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:51 pm
PostPost subject:

its highly likely a Trimming issue or gyro problem.
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Electric RC Helicopters General Discussion All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: