Register | Log in

Electric-RC-Helicopter.com's Homepage
AlbumAlbum  | FAQ | Search | Memberlist

double horse reciever binding?

Custom Search
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Electronic, Parts, Components, Batteries, and Chargers

Advertisements

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kent P.
Hopping Maniac
Hopping Maniac

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 7:01 am
PostPost subject: double horse reciever binding?

hello all,
i recently got a new circuit board for my double horse 9116 and i can't get the transmitter to bind or hook up to the new board. i got the part off of ebay for pretty cheap and wonder if i got what i need or not. when i power up the bird the servos twitch and all the leds blink but that is all it will do. i wonder if there is some setting in the transmitter that i can change or maybe a switch inside the tx? hope someone else has had this and that there is an easy fix.
thanks for looking,
Kent P.
pjdog
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 8:03 am
PostPost subject:

Kent:

I don't have your model helicopter but I'm wondering what procedure you are using to bind the heli to the TX.

Are you turning on the Heli first then the TX.

On my Blade helicopters I have to put a bind plug in the battery slot of the receiver. Turn on the receiver first. Then turn on my DX6I Spektrum TX with the bind switch forward. Then release the bind switch on the TX. The receiver will blink fast the lock on. Now turn off the Receiver, remove the bind plug. Turn off the TX.

Now she's ready. That's how I do all my receivers to the TX's. All my stuff is Spektrum.

Maybe if you just turn on the receiver then the tx'r and wait a few seconds?

Jack
mick29
Hopping Maniac
Hopping Maniac

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 2:53 pm
PostPost subject:

Hows it going, Dont know if I can help but its worth a try, I had the same problem with a GT model 5889. First turn your heli on. Second hold both sticks on your transmitter to the bottom right about 4or5 oclock and turn the transmitter on. your transmitter lights should flash next turn everything off then turn it all on and try it it might just work. Thanks mick29
Kent P.
Hopping Maniac
Hopping Maniac

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 10:07 pm
PostPost subject:

thanks for the replies pjdog and mick29,
mick you were spot on and it now is working. i'll let you all know if it will fly later as i have one arm in a sling right now. might be awhile till i can actually fly but at least the bird will wake up and do something..
thanks again,
Kent P.
nikssehagal
Fully Charged
Fully Charged

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 12:45 am
PostPost subject: Re: double horse reciever binding?

Kent P. wrote:
hello all,
i recently got a new circuit board for my double horse 9116 and i can't get the transmitter to bind or hook up to the new board. i got the part off of ebay for pretty cheap and wonder if i got what i need or not. when i power up the bird the servos twitch and all the leds blink but that is all it will do. i wonder if there is some setting in the transmitter that i can change or maybe a switch inside the tx? hope someone else has had this and that there is an easy fix.
thanks for looking,
Kent P.

I suggest you that you could purchase another board to swap it out with the old one, the transmitter should automatically pair up with the receiver, when both are switched on, so there's no need to pair up the transmitter to the controller.Try also using the transmitter that came with the inoperable DH9116 with your other 9116, they are both 2.4Ghz so it should pair up with it automatically.
lonerider62
Fully Charged
Fully Charged

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:36 pm
PostPost subject:

I've had two new 9116 birds and both experienced binding problems, but I was able to get both to bind eventually. On the last one I found that if I turned on the receive first, then immediately the transmitter then they would bind. After the initial bind I followed the manual and alsways turn off the heli first then the transmitter. On start-up I turn on the transmitter first, then the heli and it always binds right away. Maybe Double Horse misssed something here because it's a great little Heli but an awful lot of people seem to be having binding problems with this model
umneycreep
Charging
Charging

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:03 pm
PostPost subject:

wow mick29 you have just saved me from sending my Double Horse 9116 back. I thought it was DOA because I couldn't get it to bind straight out of the box no matter what things i tried.
I finally found what you posted and bam it worked. I would never have even thought to try that... Thanks for your help!
crasher47
Hopping Maniac
Hopping Maniac

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:50 am
PostPost subject: Binding Double horse 9116

I installed a new receiver today and didn't know how to bind it. Found this thread and used lonerider's method. Worked like a charm. Just turn the RX on then immediately turn on the TX.
Technician
Fully Charged
Fully Charged

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 1:32 am
PostPost subject: 9116 transmitter binding

Hey guys, so the new 9116 PCBs have a safety feature so you must put the throttle trim in the dead center. You cannot do this by sight, it must be with sound. Listen for the long center beep. Stop there. Turn everything off and re bind.

These guys helped me out a lot, for free too. Great help page:

http://www.rchelicopterrepairservice.com/HELP.html

They also have amazing upgrades for this bird, check them out!

http://www.rchelicopterrepairservice.com/

R12NDS
Hover Master
Hover Master

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 6:29 pm
PostPost subject: Double Horse...

I had a couple of these heli's when I first started flying and had nothing but trouble with them. Spent a fortune on replacement parts due to the non-existent customer service from the supplier.

In the end I received a refund through PayPal as the supplier ceased all contact. Their heli's are of dreadful quality and the components are manufactured far below the standard you should expect...take a look at the soldering on the board!

My advice to anyone considering a Shuang Ma / Double Horse product is don't waste your money. Save and get something decent...you will enjoy the hobby far more.
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Electronic, Parts, Components, Batteries, and Chargers All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: