Custom Search
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Eflite Blade helicopters
View previous topic :: View next topic  
payne9999
Hopping Maniac
Hopping Maniac

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 12:27 pm
PostPost subject: Dx6i Transmitter settings: Blade SR

I am struggling with the SR and have been working thru the Radds course in the garage with the tape box.

I have read several places that one of the ways to calm the SR is to use a Dx6i and change some of the settings. I am determined to figure this helicopter out even if it takes a long time.

When I go to my local field (nice with very soft grass) I have been using dual rate on the transmitter that comes with the SR and this helps to some degree but then when it starts to drift (especially left) I don't seem to have enough right aileron to correct quickly enough. This is quite frustrating and I get close to hovering but end up doing a lot of hopping around because I cannot balance the heli left to right. It feels like balancing a bowling ball on the end of a pencil....I am definitely chasing it around! However, I quickly lose my nerve and bounce it in with the training gear.

Does anyone have some recommended settings for the Dx6i /SR to achieve a more docile setup?

Thanks,

Dave
chopper54
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 6:38 pm
PostPost subject: post subject

hi payne9999
some great help herehttp://helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=232624. and dx6i settings herehttp://helifreak.com/showpost.php?p=1876904&postcount=6. you can start with these setting and then change them to suit your own preferences.
payne9999
Hopping Maniac
Hopping Maniac

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 7:29 pm
PostPost subject:

Very nice! I was just beginning to check out their website because they have a really good video series on building and setting up a 450. I didn't see anything on the SR at the time so thanks so much for pointing me in the right direction.

Dave
Sponsor

chopper54
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 8:17 pm

no problem payne,
i followed the finless bob video's when i built my t-rex 450 pro. they were a big help as it was my first build. my own sr is out of action at the mo because the motor started to smoke and took the esc out at the same time. i also have a blade 400 so i dont know if i will bother with repairing the sr at the moment. but i can tell you that the sr is much better to fly with the dx6i than with the stock radio.
payne9999
Hopping Maniac
Hopping Maniac

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 7:21 am
PostPost subject:

Chopper,

It is good to know the DX6i will help. I watched a ton of Bob's videos this weekend and I feel like I understand a lot more now. There is a lot to learn. I did some more RADDS training this weekend as well and it is going better. I replaced the soft feathering shaft bushings with some stiffer higher quality ones, moved the flybar counter-weights outboard and I checked the setup very carefully. I also glued the swash plate to prevent separation.

Once I re-trimmed there is a noticeable difference in stability. I am going to play with radio setup (especially expo) and see if I can get it dialed in for the next good weather day.

I am eyeing the Blade 450 since it would be more stable and the price of the parts is quite reasonable. However, I know the T-Rex is a probably a lot better. The T-Rex is out of range cost wise.

Thanks again,

Dave
chopper54
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 12:50 am

hi payne,
i dont think you will be disappointed with the blade 450. i have a t-rex 450 pro but i still enjoy flying the blade 400. the t-rex is a nice heli but it cost near twice as much as the blade 400. i found the 400 easier to fly than the sr so the newer 450 should be even better. expo definately helps when learning but dont forget you can also make the throttle and pitch curves a bit tamer too. here is another site you will find very usefulhttp://www.rchelicopterfun.com/. some good tuition on the flight school video's. Cool
payne9999
Hopping Maniac
Hopping Maniac

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 7:03 am
PostPost subject:

Well I established my first hover today. However, it didnt last too long. Some wind got the best of me and got me into a react/over react scenario. The ensuing crash was minor though and just required a little epoxy. I am very encouraged by the lift off and hover. Now I know my trim settings were good. I have heard that if one can fly the SR other heli's are much easier.

Dave
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Eflite Blade helicopters