Custom Search
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Belt CP

Advertisements

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chris80525
Hopping Maniac
Hopping Maniac

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:23 am
PostPost subject: Edging the lawn with a Belt CP.

Today I went out in the back yard and tried to hover again. I had a fresh battery this time. 3/4 throttle and hardly anything was happening. When it did get off the ground, it came backwards and to the left. I had full forward trim on the cyclic, but it still came back. I'm not even worried about the move to the left yet.
So, I lied earlier. It's not ready to go right out of the box unless you really know what you are doing. I checked the one thing I forgot to check the first time. The CG! Sure enough, the heli was tail heavy. The only feasible way that I can think of to correct this is by sliding the battery forward. The new problem is going to be trying to secure the battery in its new position, because 3/4s of it is hanging out of it's intended holder.
Does anyone have any suggestions?

The other thing is that once again, my heli is lacking power. Even with the full battery which at 1800 mAH is not lasting very long. I have the same problem as the first run. It lifts off about a foot or so, then loses lift. I'm already at almost 3/4 or more on the throttle, so, when I give it what's left to arrest the descent, nada.... It bounces. One time, I over corrected a bank to the right and it quickly rolled left, giving the grass, dirt and rocks a thorough beating. I corrected it before it totally dug in, and to my surprise, the main rotor blades were only slightly dirty... Talk about tough!

Well, Tomorrow is Saturday, so, I'm going to the flying field to see if someone can help me out here. If anyone has had similar problems, please let me know what you did to correct it. It would save me a ton of time and brain strain. I guess I will also relent and tack on some training wheels just to extend the life of my heli a bit more.

I sure hope someone over there is flying electrics. I can tell you this much though.... No one test flew this thing at all...

One more thing... Can someone tell me what the gyro switch on my transmitter is for? I don't have a clue. These are literally the most useless instructions I have ever come across...

Happy flying to everyone tomorrow if that's what you are doing! Or happy golfing! If I can't do anything with my heli tomorrow, that's what I'm doing. Smile
vertigo
Hopping Maniac
Hopping Maniac

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:41 pm
PostPost subject:

The gyro switch on the controller is to switch the gain level. You can program it so that the flick up keeps it in heading hold mode and flicking it down puts it in non-heading hold mode (which means your helicopter will gradually drift over time). You have to set this up properly though, what radio are you using?

As for securing your battery, use a Velcro and attach the battery to the mount in addition to the small Velcro strap that they give you.

Hope that helps Cool
chris80525
Hopping Maniac
Hopping Maniac

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:28 am
PostPost subject:

Thank you for the info. It is extremely helpful.
Sim Hero
Hover Master
Hover Master

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:58 am
PostPost subject:

I have a belt cp and I use a rubber band to move the battery forward. It holds better than the velcro band.
Good luck
ANAMALS14
Charging
Charging

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:36 am
PostPost subject:

Mr. Green You can also cut a small block of styrofoam and put it behind the velcro strap to hold your batt forward. And a 2200mah with a quarter doubleside taped in the nose of the canopy will put the cg at the main shaft.
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Belt CP All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: