Advertisements

View previous topic :: View next topic  
admiral
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:58 pm
PostPost subject: Eurocopter EC 145 by A2Pro

Hi All,

Here we go again, I have been laid up the last couple of months and was getting totally bored out of my skull, so I convinced a friend to sell me an A2Pro EC145 that he had bought about a year ago and had not got around to looking at, the price was right, I had an old T-Rex XL full of good electrics that had not seen the light of day for about 12 months, so game on.

I removed the mechanicals from the body and installed the Electronics and fitted a set of Super Skids that I had available, and test flew it, it did not fly great, but it flew, I could not get the blade tracking to an acceptable level because of the poor quality of the head supplied, so I decided that because it came with a standard 450 size main shaft that I would order a 4 rotor head to make it as scale as possible. The order was placed but I decided to proceed and replace the head when the new one arrived.

The EC 145 when first assembled.

I fitted the mechanics and electrics back into the body, well then the problems started to show up, how the hell do you get a battery into this body, instead of a 2200 mAh the best I could get in was an 1800 mAh and the the problem was balance to get a reasonable balance I had to add a 1600mAh battery, this is not good.

While I'm waiting for the 4 Blade head to arrive I decided that I need to improve access to this machine or I'm going to loose interest very quickly, out comes the Dremel and now I have access, I only have to get the pieces to jigsaw together again and hold for flight.

Body complete but after the cut.

Separating

The removed parts

The remaining body

Not sure how all of this is going to turn out, but all we can do is try.

being a Glutton for punishment lined up behind this project is today's purchase off Ebay ??

Anyone want a T-Rex 450 XL frame ? it's available for the postage.
ferretmaster
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

Location: Casa Grande AZ, USA. 66 and yes! Heli's reverse aging!!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:21 pm
PostPost subject:

Well it sure looks like you have a few weeks work ahead of you.

Did you come up with a method to secure the two halves (make that three) of the EC145?

Are you handy with fiberglass (glass fiber)? If so the addition of a lip to both mating edges and a locating pin or two with ceramic magnets to hold it all together should do the trick.

I wait with worms on my tongue (bated breath!) to see how you do this.

I like the AH-1's. Looking to get a 500 size to complete my fleet sometime in the near future.

I stopped with the build posting as there did not seem to be much interest on this board for scale stuff. With that said, I have finished the A-109 and almost completed the AH-64 and UH-60 builds and have just started on the 600 size Mi-24.

Good to see some scale interest here...Keep it up Admiral!!
admiral
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:24 am
PostPost subject:

Hi Dave,

I intend to permanently join the two parts which will be easy as they already have locating lugs, then use a combination of a lip in the area of the windows with locating pins in the other areas as well as I have some small rare earth magnets of the way.
admiral
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:43 am
PostPost subject:

Four Blade head turned up, because the only common thing between Align and A2Pro is the main shaft diameter its going to be a bit of trial & error with linkages etc but it doesn't look insurmountable. I've gone with the lighter narrower blades designed for multi blade machines. Looks like I have plenty to do over Easter.
admiral
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:45 pm
PostPost subject:

Having a bit of a sabaticle from building at the moment, visitors over Easter and have to go interstae for a family wedding this week. The four bladed head has been installed and flew on a Std Gyro before a glitch with the Rx caused a problem, replaced the Rx but haven't tested it yet. The Super Cobra's turned up very little to do to get them flying.

Maybe next week or the one after I'll get back into it.
admiral
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:28 pm
PostPost subject:

Back into doing a bit, have now done a bit of form work to rejoin the front of the canopy, hope to have it flying in a couple of weeks, meantime the Cobra is up in the air will provide some pix later.

admiral
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:34 pm
PostPost subject:

Well the EC145 is complete but not yet flying due to the fact I used all of the electrics from an old Align 450FX and the motor is not up to lifting the weight of the body plus the lead required in the nose to get a reasonable CofG. I'm looking at a new motor and ESC in the near future but it has gone off the boil a bit.

Too many other things requiring my attention at the moment.
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Scale Helis All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: