Register | Log in

Electric-RC-Helicopter.com's Homepage
AlbumAlbum  | FAQ | Search | Memberlist

First Electric Helicopter: Safe to Buy on eBay?

Custom Search
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Electric RC Helicopters General Discussion

Advertisements

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vampireme
Hover Master
Hover Master

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:44 pm
PostPost subject: First Electric Helicopter: Safe to Buy on eBay?

Hi I'm looking to buy my first electric helicopter and I'm choosing a model now. My plan is to go for a 450 class helicopter right away (skipping the co-axial ones) but I'll also buy a flight simulator and make sure I get it right on the simulator first before flying the real thing. I haven't chosen a model to go for yet though. I'm still thinking about "where" to buy it... I'm going for the online option because of the lack of local shop around my area. Been looking at towerhobbies and helihobby and ebay... eBay seems a good choice, vendors from Hong Kong offers incredible prices and many of them are power sellers. But I don't know if it's safe.. So I want to hear of any body's experience dealing with ebay and some recommendations please. Wink
hound15
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:21 pm
PostPost subject:

I am a regular buyer of ebay. Unlike other online shops, every different ebay vendor has different integrity standards. One smart thing to always do before buying anything (especially expensive stuff like helicopters) is to look at the feedback of the seller. Don't buy from seller that has less than 97% positive rating.. Also, the more the feedback score, the better. You shouldn't be buying expensive things from vendors with less than 100 feedback points..
silhouette015
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:37 pm
PostPost subject:

Yes it's safe to buy on ebay. But like everyone that asks me something along this line, I still recommend that the best place to buy your model (especially the first one) is at a local hobby shop. The reason is that the seller will be able to help you with it as much as you need. However, if you really have to buy it online and on eBay, then make sure that the seller has good feedback rating and that the seller isn't trying to rip you off on shipping price.

Personally, I've never bought a actual helicopter on eBay but I've bought many accessories. In fact, I bought an IMAX B5 charger on eBay very recently and it arrived in great condition. I was able to get it very cheap too. (About 40% off the marking price). The only thing that was missing was the manual! But that's ok because I managed to find a PDF copy online..
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Electric RC Helicopters General Discussion All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: