Register | Log in

Electric-RC-Helicopter.com's Homepage
AlbumAlbum  | FAQ | Search | Memberlist

First timer with questions

Custom Search
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Electric RC Helicopters General Discussion

Advertisements

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pontiki
Charging
Charging

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:48 am
PostPost subject: First timer with questions

Hi Folks, Smile

I just ordered a Lama V4. The videos were impressive and I'm sure I got the right chopper for myself as a beginner. It seems to be able to do everything I want it to. It should be here in the next couple of days. But I do have a question that may be a little after the fact. What exactly is it that they are calling "channels" on the control? Is this directions it can fly or radio frequencies?
I'm a raw beginner and sorry to sound so uninformed at this point. Sad I hope someone will take me under their wings and help me along.

Thanks,

Pontiki
silhouette015
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:46 pm
PostPost subject:

Hello Pontiki and welcome Cool

The Lama V4 is a good and solid helicopter and a great choice for beginner pilots. And yes it will be able to do everything you want it to do (except going inverted that is). It does take some practice to master, but not so much that it would become frustrating.

The "Channels" on the controls refers to the range of direction that your helicopter can go. The Lama V4 is a 4Ch helicopter meaning it can go up down, forward - reverse, bank left-right, and yaw left and right. (More technically, these controls are Collective, Cyclic, and Yaw).
Pontiki
Charging
Charging

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:15 am
PostPost subject: Thanks for the reply

Hi,
Thanks for your reply! That's more or less what I thought it was, but wanted to get off on the right foot. The bird arrived today and I actually had it off the ground. My brother was hovering better than I was and all on the first charge! It seems it may be easy to control, but the manual is written mostly in Chinese and what IS in English has a thick Chinese accent! It's hard to make heads or tails out of it and most of it repeats. BTW, there is a little switch on the upper right corner of the controller with the letters "TRN" under it. It doesn't show it in the manual and has no explanation as to what it's for. Do you or anyone familiar with the Lama V4 know what this is?

Thanks ahead of time,
Pontiki
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Electric RC Helicopters General Discussion All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: