Register | Log in

Electric-RC-Helicopter.com's Homepage
AlbumAlbum  | FAQ | Search | Memberlist

Forum Useage

Custom Search
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Electric RC Helicopters General Discussion

Advertisements

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tombo242
Admin
Admin

Location: Santo Estêvão, East Algarve, Portugal. Now 82, but still feels 22.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 6:29 am
PostPost subject: Forum Useage

Hey folks,

Looks like we're starting to come alive again. Long as it's not those pesky spammers it's very welcome.

Keep up the good work! Razz

Tom.
(Your keen eyed moderator Shocked )
Burgess
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 7:43 am
PostPost subject:

Yeah, plus 1 on that Tom,
maybe the tightening up on regulations for drones and the novelty wearing off, we'll see a return to helis and availability of spares too.

Burgess
tombo242
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 2:25 pm
PostPost subject:

Agreed there Burgess.

There's to much RTF stuff about and not enough spares for new/rebuilds. Takes all the skill out of it when you get a Phantom quad with all the bells and whistles ready built. They're the ones that have caused the outcry about quads. Far to easy to just give it a course and let it fly. Made spying on people far too easy and they didn't like it!

However, I would not be surprised to see similar things in regular helis soon. (If it's not there already!) It must be very profitable for the manufactures.

Tom.
Burgess
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 6:04 pm
PostPost subject:

I'm sure there are enough satellites and cctv cams doing that already not forgetting the huge numbers of cams fitted to vehicles.

I'm surprised that police aren't using drones yet...well not that we joe public know about. I sure though if self-drive vehicles become legal we'll then see drones in common use by the police...the beginning of Robo Cop.

Burgess
tombo242
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 11:05 pm
PostPost subject:

Quite likely that Burgess.

Of course the Police might get something like this.

https://youtu.be/vTg7PUSVidI

Tom.
Burgess
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 12:06 am
PostPost subject:

LOL...The designer must have been a relative of either Thomas Andrews or Alexander Carlisle whichever of them designed the Titanic.

In this part of Gwynedd the council invested in lots of Speed Camera signs and one actual camera. Same thing with CCTV camera, one to share between all towns and vilages along the coast road.

Burgess
admiral
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 2:47 am
PostPost subject:

LOL, just proves what I always thought, the more we try to make thing idiot proof the bigger idiots we produce.

In Australia the police are using Drones to take overview video of fatal accident scenes, and probably other things I'm not aware of.

Really it is understandable why Drones are becoming so popular, last week I modified an KDS 450 by fitting a torque tube tail and four bladed head probably took 10 hours by the time it had it's first flight.

This week I'm building another 250 Quad, so far I've spent an hour on it and it will test fly after another hour or so. Add to that the fact that you can learn to fly one in an afternoon, I understand why the hobby is going that way.

In the long run it may be a good thing, we have a new flyer in our little group who has started on a Quad which he built with a bit of help from myself, he has been flying for about 3 months, now because the rest of us fly Helicopters as well he is looking to graduate to them. If he doesn't it make no difference as he is out there having fun and that is what our hobby is all about.
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Electric RC Helicopters General Discussion All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: