Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Eflite Blade helicopters
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
senorsamiam
Hover Master
Hover Master

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:26 am
PostPost subject: Help, msr flies sideways and out of control

When I first got her I could lift off hover and move around. I am transitioning from coaxial. Then after a bunch of crashes, b/c I am learning, I can not get her to hover. Each time I throttle up she starts to fly sideways. When i get her off the air I have little control and she flies sideways in the left direction when looking at the tail. If I get her slightly off the ground she will travel sideways even though I have not touch the controls. I have compensated by holding the stick slightly to the right, but that doesn't help. She gets out of control. I was flying her just fine before the last crash. She has crashed a lot.

I appreciate your help. I enjoyed flying her. The dog is so happy she doesn't fly.
pjdog
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:19 am
PostPost subject:

Howdy senorsamiam:

Its us against the dogs. My 7 year old dog (Sheltie) hates the MSR. I think it's the sound of the rotor speed. My thirteen year old does not care about anything as long as there is food, water and you brush her once a day.

I've also experienced what your MSR is doing. Have you checked to see if all your links from the rotor head are hooded up. There is four points that should be connected. This generally means one of the links has fallen off. Maybe even broken one of the connections that the links hook up to.

Jack
RC Helicopters (5) B400-EXI 450 pro-EXI 450-MSR-MCX
DX6I (2)
AMA-952547
senorsamiam
Hover Master
Hover Master

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:40 am
PostPost subject: Still doen't fly

Thanks, but it did not work. I took off the two rotor head links and examined them to see if broken. They are not. I put them back on and she is a little worse. Now she will fly up and make a u-turn into the ground. LOL. What drives me nuts about this heli is that when I sit her on the ground (level surface) and I look at her silhouette the shaft and tail motor look like they are not perpendicular to the rest of the heli...slighty twisted. Instead of 90 degrees say 80. She has been like this for a while and flown.
G
Sponsor

pjdog
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:54 am
PostPost subject:

The tail motor and boom are moveable. Just give it a twist. It will go. Or pull it out and put it back in.

There's two links that are attached to the blade grips. There is also two links that go from the fly bar to the swash. Be sure everybody is hooked up. Nobody is broken off or unhooked.

Jack
DX6I (2)
AMA-952547
senorsamiam
Hover Master
Hover Master

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:13 am
PostPost subject:

Well there is the problem...one of the links is missing. Thank you so much. I can't wait to tell the dog.

Cheers,
G
Dumb Thumbs
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:15 am
PostPost subject:

The mast was designed to be tilted to the right (when looking from the tail), perfectly normal for the MSR. The tilt offsets the rotation of the tail blades that want to push the heli to the left.
As far as not being able to trim it out...
-Does the swash plate look OK? Sometimes the two halfs will separate.
-You have like 8 or 9 tiny screws that hold the servos onto the control board. Sometimes they work themselfs loose, so check that.
-Also, there might be a tiny (everything on a MSR is tiny at my age) bit of mashed up servo gear messing things up. Hook up a battery and move the cyclic around and check the servos for any binding. I had that happen once and all I needed to do was clean out the debris in the gear with a Xacto blade.
MCP X, 120SR, MSR X, MQX, 130X
Pro Boat-Miss Geico & ShockWave, a few planks & a HPI Baja 5B SS gas buggy.
AMA#900889
pjdog
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:22 am
PostPost subject:

Check the dog's do-do tomorrow. Bet the link is in there. They are sneaky that way. Ethan Allen would do anything to ground my Helicopters.

If you get a B400 or bigger your dog may stay away from your helicopters. Ethan is afraid of the big ones but will go after the MSR and Little Hughes 300.

Ethan is her dog and he's bad. The little fat one is mine (Shelly). She's a good dog. She's 13 years old.

Glad you found your problem.

Jack
DX6I (2)
AMA-952547
senorsamiam
Hover Master
Hover Master

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:39 am
PostPost subject:

Jack your pups look beautifully happy. I have just purchase a Trex 450 and if I ever learn to fly will use it to defend myself from my pup. I just found out that when you must be ever so gentle when you reattach the links. I had one or two in too far (passed the ball) and it still had issues. Now she actually flew...sort of. I have to trim her, but she is going up and only hit a window. LOL. Thanks so very much again.

Regards,

G
senorsamiam
Hover Master
Hover Master

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:48 am
PostPost subject:

Dumb thumbs thank you very much for the info. There are so many tiny..nay..microscopic screws on this heli. I cleaned out some of my daughters hair, some cat hair and probably some of my wife's hair. I am bald so i'm quite sure it wasn't my hair. I wish i would have found this website three days earlier or at least a local hobby shop that knew something about these heli's other than they are great for beginners. I ordered another one b/c I thought I hds hit the wall too hard and it was really broken. Oh, well. I now have a spare...when it gets here in three more days. Thanks again for the info, it helped a lot. Would you happen to know of a website or info page that has some information on properly trimming an MSR. Thanks again.

G
Dumb Thumbs
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:31 pm
PostPost subject:

You can find some good vids here-

Link

MCP X, 120SR, MSR X, MQX, 130X
Pro Boat-Miss Geico & ShockWave, a few planks & a HPI Baja 5B SS gas buggy.
AMA#900889
senorsamiam
Hover Master
Hover Master

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:42 pm
PostPost subject:

Awesome video. Thank you. It helped a lot.
pjdog
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:21 pm
PostPost subject:

senorsamiam:

Be advised that Blade is coming out with a bigger MSR. It's called the 125 MSR. I would think it's a bigger and better MSR.

I entend to be the first guy in the block to have one. If Miss Sharon say's it's OK. She's a good ol' girl, I'm sure she'll go for it.

Jack
DX6I (2)
AMA-952547

Last edited by pjdog on Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:21 am; edited 1 time in total
senorsamiam
Hover Master
Hover Master

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:30 am
PostPost subject:

Jack,

you can't tell me things like this. I know I will want it. My wife is not at all happy with me this week. Not only did I buy another MSR I also bought a Trex 450. That doesn't include a bunch of others I have. The only one I seem to be able to fly outside is my CX2. I just bought the SR and that lasted two tries before I crashed and bent the boom. It's kind of weak anyway. I seem to have trouble with the take off. Once I get in the air I'm ok. It's the transition. But to have another indoor winter heli would be fabulous.

G
pjdog
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:30 am
PostPost subject:

The SR is a great helicopter. When you throttle up go slow until it starts to drift left. Put a little right stick right and give the throttle a pop. Once your up and free of the ground wash let off the throttle a little and go back to neutral on the right stick. She should hover very well. The SR and the CP Pro 2 are the same helicopter except for the brushless motor in the SR.

Don't force it in the air. If you feel like your loosing the helicopter chop the throttle and start over. Once you get the first smooth lift off you'll see what I mean. I had trouble at first with my CP Pro but then got it and put many flights on it. That reminds me I need to break it out and get some air time on it. I just put a Huey body with strobe lights on it. But have been hot on the B400. She's a sweet helicopter.

l also ordered a new 450 kit. I added a motor (3500) and a ESC. I aim to put a B400 receiver, gyro and servos in it.

Just came in from getting 6 flights with the MSR on the pattio. It's raining hard here today. So it's inside or nothing.

Jack
DX6I (2)
AMA-952547
senorsamiam
Hover Master
Hover Master

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:25 am
PostPost subject:

Thanks. If I have some time tomorrow I will try.
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Eflite Blade helicopters