Register | Log in

Electric-RC-Helicopter.com's Homepage
AlbumAlbum  | FAQ | Search | Memberlist

How do you put on linkage over ball-joints????

Custom Search
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Eflite Blade helicopters

Advertisements

View previous topic :: View next topic  
roberted5r/cnut
Flying Inverted
Flying Inverted

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:51 am
PostPost subject: How do you put on linkage over ball-joints????

Hello,

My computer crashed and now I'm back online.My new mcx flies very well,
like it's supposed to.I haven't had a need for any repairs,but soon I might break a ball-joint or need to replace a part,

I was having the hardest time putting on the linkage over the ball-joints.
There is nothing more disapointing that breaking off a ball while putting on new parts.Sometimes they go on real smooth and I've had a few new linkage go on with quite a snap!I did break a ball off on the lower new blade
when trying to repair a faulty heli,with a bad gyro and didn't know it was the gyro,it being my 1st heli.

Hopefully someone might know of a little trick to keep this from happening.If so please let me know.Sooner or later I'm going to hit a blade and snap off a ball-joint,I'm hoping there's a way to put them on w/o this happening.

Any ideas are welcome,this was the one problem I had that almost made me give up on my 1st mcx.The new one flies so much better this won't happen again now that I know how they fly,but even so I want to be pre-pared for I like to fly everyday.That's another great thing about the mcx,anytime you want to,you can fly.Also,one thing about R/C if you fly everyday,less accidents and better flying.I do not like being grounded.I see another mcx bnf coming as a spare.

thanks,Robert
tombo242
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

Location: Santo EstÍv„o, East Algarve, Portugal. 78, but still feels 18.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:40 pm
PostPost subject:

Hi Robert,

You need a pair of "Ball Joint Pliers" like these but smaller. I doubt very much that they will fit the balls on the micro helis. This set might just do it. I think that the ones you need are "KSJ673 Universal ball link pliers". If you 'Google' it you will get many possible suppliers. Alternatively you could try making some yourself along the lines of these. Use the other photos to get the 'Connecting Slot' in the side with the 'Push Off' stub as these are disconnecting only.
roberted5r/cnut
Flying Inverted
Flying Inverted

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:49 am
PostPost subject:

Hello,
Yes I got connected,nice price.I don't know if I'm the only one having this problem,but I have broke balls off brand new parts,also the new linkage can be very tight from one joint to the next.

Robert
Sponsor

tombo242
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

Location: Santo EstÍv„o, East Algarve, Portugal. 78, but still feels 18.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:17 pm
PostPost subject:

Hi,

I think that you will find that these pliers will solve that problem. I wouldn't be without mine. Makes a big difference to just snap the links on or off in seconds on the first try.
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Eflite Blade helicopters All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: