Advertisements

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trouble
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:47 pm
PostPost subject: I'm trying

haha...sigh....
Ok, the 600 is great, it is just me, I am so shaky it isn't even funny, really, it isn't! So..stop laughing already... Rolling Eyes got it all going but my hands and knees are so weak I can't control it, and.. the dang ratchet in the throttle is messing me up big time! I don't need any distractions right now, I made a little vid of my attempt, what a joke, but at least I didn't crash it, hard landing though, and it wants to drift left also real bad, but that is no problem, I just need to calm down, this big S.O.B. is scaring hell outta me!! And I love it!!!!!!!!! Wink If I can just stop being so shakey b4 I blow a feathering shaft or a boom strike I will be ok, I tried to go to the park but every baseball player in Texas is there I think, I would prolly do better if I had alot more room, but..I HAVE to get this Rex in the air! NOW!!
I only took like one minute if vid time on it but dang youtube takes 53 minutes to upload it...sheesh! Nothing great, sloppy take-off, flies off screen to the left, I bring it back and land hard, well, not that hard, but not purty either.
Going to file down the ratchet teeth right now, that is really killin' me dude!
Crashagain
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:08 pm
PostPost subject:

Well I am glad to hear you did not crash. What you need to do is take it to the field where you saw the other guy flying the big heli's and fly it there. Even thought I have helped you and we think everything is right, it would not hurt to have a fresh set of eyes look her over. I understand the nerves, my first flight with a big nitro looked like I was performing crack moves in the air, I was shaking so bad.
It will get better, I promise.. Cool
FlyDoc
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:26 pm
PostPost subject:

Hurrah, congratulations, you're up!

You can probably fix the ratchet by opening the TX case & loosening the follower arm or filing down the teeth on the sector. I did that on my DX5e, and now it has enough friction to hold the throttle, but no 'clicks'. It's on here somewhere...

Keep the bird in the air, man!

Doc
tombo242
Admin
Admin

Location: Santo Estêvão, East Algarve, Portugal. Now 82, but still feels 22.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:51 pm
PostPost subject:

Good not to crash there Trouble. I thought that your maiden flight was great and the way that you checked the skids for security was second to none. Just the right amount of down speed Smile . Takes practice that does.

When you don't have to worry about the cost of the heli and the repairs (as we all do), then you can fly with confidence and no worries. Just check this one out! He's never worked to buy a heli in his short life, so doesn't worry about the cost dad will always get him another.

Link

Tom.
Flyby
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:44 pm
PostPost subject:

tombo242 wrote:

When you don't have to worry about the cost of the heli and the repairs (as we all do), then you can fly with confidence and no worries. Just check this one out! He's never worked to buy a heli in his short life, so doesn't worry about the cost dad will always get him another.

Tom.

+1, spot on tombo.

Well done trouble, I had the same reaction as you the first time I lift my heli.
Had to stop after about a minute, my hands and knees were shaking so bad I had to go back in the house and sit down. Crash is right, it will get easier as you get used to the size and power, I have stopped shaking now, fifth go, but I'm still taking it very slow, it almost seems as you got to re-learn what you already have. The plus on the FBL is, at lift off you do have the right hand free (mode 2), so I keep my fingers on TH, at least if anything goes wrong hopefully it will minimise the damage.
Best of luck.
Trouble
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:42 pm
PostPost subject:

Hey guys!

Crash... Yes, I can't do that today, and it will be a week b4 I can after today, Weekends is the time the one guy that flies helis is out there, all the other guys are old time plank fliers, and have no use for helis, even though they are nice, just very hide-bound in their ways, no biggie.
I am going to the park early this morning, hopefully all the baseball Dads will be at church so it will give me a little time to be in a much bigger place, ..no matter what though I am going to fly Rex today, alot better than yesterday!!! Twisted Evil

Flydoc... yup, you are right, first thing I did, ..well, after I got my nerves back, I had to sit on the back porch and take alot of deep breaths and drink a half bottle of Wild Turkey, but I did calm down (kidding 'bout the WT, lol....*cough*...*hic*...oops Razz ) I sanded the little grooves down and it is just perfect now, thx for the advice!!!

TOMBO... Thanks much big guy, IF I did anything right there I did not know it, had to have been the training you, Crash and the other top notch guys here have drilled into me, all I could think about was, "don't fall down on top of my heli, I was shakin' so bad and the knees,..Man! it is a wonder I was able to walk! I am glad you think the landings were ok, all I could think of was, "there goes the feathering shaft!!" but..since it is actually bigger than the main shaft on a 450 I guess it would take more than that to bend it, everything is still tight and straight... Cool
Yeah, Justin Lee...what is there to say?...alot!.... but I ain't goin' to....

Flyby... Exactly so, on the money, it was like I was just starting all over, the only thing that saved the day and a few bucks too, was the training I had done on the 450s, kinda like instinct, lol, cuz' everything went out the dang window as soon as it started spoolin' up, my 1st thought was.."Holy Crapola, I think I might have overdone this, Waaah!! I want a co-ax!!! lmao,...the only things I "think" I was thinkin' at the time was, "Good God Almighty, this thing is HUGE! And..has a wee bit more power!!!" Between you and Crash talkin' 'bout FBL, I am gonna save up and do that, by the time I can get it I will be over my jitters and can appreciate the FBL more.
Crashagain
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:48 am
PostPost subject:

I hope you get the shakes sorted out so you can really fly this heli and enjoy it.
I just got back from the field today and had an awsome time. I just installed a BeastX into my 600 and fell in love with my heli all over again. I got one already on my Velocity and these things Rock!!
Took me about an hour to do the intsall and program it. Took it up for the maiden and it just popped into a hover and sat there, solid. 2 tanks later after some fine tuning to the tail and head, I got one bad ass machine..
Next week I'll have to try and get a video of it flying, she is so smooth it's incredible..
Trouble
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:14 pm
PostPost subject:

Quote:
I just got back from the field today and had an awsome time. I just installed a BeastX into my 600 and fell in love with my heli all over again. I got one already on my Velocity and these things Rock!!
Took me about an hour to do the intsall and program it. Took it up for the maiden and it just popped into a hover and sat there, solid.

Hey Crash, got a Bowie knife on ya? Go ahead and stick it in my heart and twist it all around, ok?

Just jokin' wit ya, You actually are saying just the right things, you makin' me mad at myself in a good way, time to stop whining and get out there and fly, come hell or high water. I'm a real know-it-all and smart-aleck in tellin' others not to worry and all that but I can't seem to follow my own advice, it ain't no different me starting on a 600 than someone starting on a 450.... Well, almost anyway Wink . Oh, I will be getting the FBL, but won't be for a coupla months though.
FlyDoc
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:17 am
PostPost subject:

That kid makes me want to go out and fall on mt throttle stick! Smile

Doc
tombo242
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:45 am
PostPost subject:

I seriuosly thought about throttling him Doc Twisted Evil . Little show off!!!

Tom.
Trouble
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:55 pm
PostPost subject:

Flydoc and Tom, ya'll are crackin' me up here!!! Very Happy

Flydoc, I wish I had found your avatar picture 1st, I would have loved that one, it just cracks me up every single time I see it!! I love it!
Crashagain
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:17 am
PostPost subject:

tombo242 wrote:
Good not to crash there Trouble. I thought that your maiden flight was great and the way that you checked the skids for security was second to none. Just the right amount of down speed Smile . Takes practice that does.

Link

Tom.

You see why he is flying so good there Tom???
It's the Futaba radio that is the key. Cool
Pappy K
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:46 am
PostPost subject:

Trouble: WILD TURKEY FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Trouble
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:27 am
PostPost subject:

Quote:
It's the Futaba radio that is the key.

Quote:
Trouble: WILD TURKEY FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!!
<----"*Hic*, imma realy to fry now Boss,*Hic*"
tombo242
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:43 pm
PostPost subject:

Crashagain wrote:
You see why he is flying so good there Tom???
It's the Futaba radio that is the key. Cool

And I thought it was the 'Pinch' technique he's using there Crash Rolling Eyes

Tom.
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> T-REX All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: