Register | Log in

Electric-RC-Helicopter.com's Homepage
AlbumAlbum  | FAQ | Search | Memberlist

Inquiry about 2.4g Esky Big Lama 4CH

Custom Search
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Product Discussion Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57, 58  Next

Advertisements

View previous topic :: View next topic  
search-n-destroy
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 7:05 pm
PostPost subject:

ok
search-n-destroy
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 11:14 am
PostPost subject:

Burgess wrote:
If you have a bur same diameter as the width of the tabs, grind them off, and to assemble back together, bond in with epoxy resin.
BURGESS, I think I found some new xtreme 380 bl, but there is no Canada listing in the drop down menu, but there IS a UK. http://www.rcking.eu/en/esky-big-lama-500-e-020/7128-ebl015-xtreme.html
Burgess
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 4:12 am
PostPost subject:

Kevin, did you try grinding-off or reduce the thickness of the tabs enough to bend then out to disassemble the motor?
Have you managed to remove the pinion?

Using epoxy resin to re-bond the motor works, I have a Parana motor that's been reassembled like that.
Depending on how much flange goes in to the motor can small screws could be used. That would allow for bearing replacement when needed.

Those motors have ‘A' type pinions, Paypal will take care of the monitory exchange for you, but you'll be back to having no ‘B' pinioned motor.

Burgess
tombo242
Admin
Admin

Location: Santo Estêvão, East Algarve, Portugal. Now 82, but still feels 22.

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 4:18 am
PostPost subject:

Hi Kevin,

Their shop is in Prague, Czechoslovakia. No idea what their postage will be to Canada, they want you to place an order with all your details before they give it.

Tom.
search-n-destroy
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 6:34 am
PostPost subject:

Burgess wrote:
Kevin, did you try grinding-off or reduce the thickness of the tabs enough to bend then out to disassemble the motor?
Have you managed to remove the pinion?

Using epoxy resin to re-bond the motor works, I have a Parana motor that's been reassembled like that.
Depending on how much flange goes in to the motor can small screws could be used. That would allow for bearing replacement when needed.

Those motors have ‘A' type pinions, Paypal will take care of the monitory exchange for you, but you'll be back to having no ‘B' pinioned motor.

Burgess
No I haven't done anymore work to the motor. Generally I build in the winter and fly in summer. I also have 6 big lamas rtf so...building a 7th is low on the list of things to do. I am also back to work now too Sad As far as having 2 A or 2 B motors...These things have all but dried up so, having to change the pinion is no problem
search-n-destroy
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 6:46 am
PostPost subject:

tombo242 wrote:
Hi Kevin,

Their shop is in Prague, Czechoslovakia. No idea what their postage will be to Canada, they want you to place an order with all your details before they give it.

Tom.
Hi Tom, I emailed them asking how much shipping to Canada is, but haven't heard back. Also, when stock is described as "usually in 7 days" to me that means they have to order from the manufacturer, and I already know Xtreme/Miracle Mart is out of stock, and the chances of them making more is Zero. Its worth a try though. Also this place has 3 locations if you look at the bottom of their page.
Burgess
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 11:01 am
PostPost subject:

If Xtreme 380bl brushed motors are become difficult to source, then being able to open and service them would seem a worthwhile. Changing bearings and rewinding if one burns out.

I rewind brushless motors to change their kv.

Burgess
tombo242
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 4:49 pm
PostPost subject:

Seems logical to me Keith.

Tom.
tombo242
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 5:03 pm
PostPost subject:

Kevin,

Those links all point to the same place in Czechoslovakia. Their warehouse for despatch is in Prague only, the apparent different outlets are to cope with other languages. Maybe it's their policy to keep things separate.

There are three shops near the Czech borders, but none outside of it. You are dealing with a warehouse in Prague here.

Tom.
Burgess
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 4:05 am
PostPost subject:

Here's some interesting links

3PCS 380 Large Torque 3.7V-7.4V 3A 20W 22000-46000RPM DC Electric Motor High-Quality Long-Life

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3PCS-385-Johnson-Large-Torque-12-24V-10000-20500RPM-DC-Electric-Motor-High-Quality-Long-Life/32691728064.html?spm=2114.40010608.4.55.W0dJeI

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/High-power-380-dc-motor-accessories_60378704138.html

https://www.alibaba.com/showroom/brushed-dc-motor-380.html

Burgess
search-n-destroy
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:19 pm
PostPost subject:

Thanks For the links Burgess. Heres some other good news: Dear search-n-destroy,

bebev has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Wanted Wanted : New or used xtreme 380bl motor(s) - in the Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) forum of RC Groups.

This thread is located at:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2895989&goto=newpost

Here is the message that has just been posted:
I have 2 like new,  flown with them only about 3 times before I switched to brushless.  I paid $14.00 each but will let you have them with pinions for $10.00 each plus shipping.  I don't know off hand how much the shipping would be, so I'll say $25.00 shipped payable with paypal ought to be a more than fair price.
Bern

There may also be other replies, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again.

All the best,
RC Groups
Burgess
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:13 am
PostPost subject:

Sounds good, with two more motors on their way, why not open that motor and see how easy it'll be to service it and get it back in working order.

Burgess
search-n-destroy
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:26 pm
PostPost subject:

I prefer to save all building for the winter months Burgess. Gives me something to do when its -40c. Kevin.
tombo242
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:05 am
PostPost subject:

Wow Kevin, I save most of my building for the winter as well, but it's rain and wind for me. Seldom drops below 8ºC here, but after a possible 45ºC it's pretty cold.

Tom.
search-n-destroy
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:20 am
PostPost subject:

ya tom, you are about the same age as my mom & dad, they hate the cold, stay in Arizona for the winter.
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Product Discussion All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57, 58  Next
Page 56 of 58
Jump to: