Custom Search
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Belt CP

Advertisements

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GmeisteR
Fully Charged
Fully Charged

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:22 am
PostPost subject: Just got my CP V2 yesterday !

i just got my heli yesterday, and i have tried watching some setup video's however i cant find one that is actually for the belt cp v2...i did the whole turn the tx on unplug my motor and set my trim tabes with it in idle up mode, tracking is good, however i do have a question, When i plug my heli in i wait for the gyro to stop blinking red then it beeps...then the heli only makes 2 other beeps and they are not the same tone one is a higher pitch than the other. Does this mean something is not right? i thought you should hear 3 beeps all the same tone??

also when i spool the heli up...the blade with the blue tape is noticably higher than the blade with the red tape. could my tracking be that bad right outa the box with no flights the the heli yet? Do you think this could be because i put the training gear on it and its on my bed and just not sitting level ?
T-R-E-V
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:42 pm
PostPost subject:

Hi GmeisteR,

Congratulations on your new Belt CP V2.

My HBK3 bleeps, are not the same tone,

The important thing to note is that the swash plate is level after the completion of the beeps.

This could account for one blade being higher than the other, just undo the links and twist accordingly.

Link

Link

Trev.
tombo242
Admin
Admin

Location: Santo Estêvão, East Algarve, Portugal. Now 82, but still feels 22.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:05 pm
PostPost subject:

Hi GmeisteR,

Yes your tracking could be, and obviously is, that bad out of the box. Whatever you do, do not attempt to fly if the tracking is as bad as it sounds. The fact that the heli is not completely level should not affect tracking, but taking off from a sloping surface (i.e. more that a few degrees) is not to be recommended with a flybar equiped heli.
GmeisteR
Fully Charged
Fully Charged

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:02 am
PostPost subject:

Thanks guys....This is my first real heli ever, i had a lil co-axial for about 4 days then i took it back cuz it sucked. but i have eatched about all the videos i can find, however im hesitant about adjusting linkage main cause as i said this is my first heli and i dont wanna mess it up beyound my ability to fix it. food for thought...Can i just buy some carbon fiber blades and maybe that will fix my tracking problem ? Razz that way i dont have to mess with linkage?
T-R-E-V
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:15 am
PostPost subject:

Hi GmeisteR,

I can understand your concern in removing and attaching parts to an unfamiliar helicopter.

But to be honest your are best to start off with something simple like this,

As when you crash, everybody does, the repairs will more involved.

Replacing your existing blades with carbon fibre blades, will not cure your problem, and in fact there is less involvement in removing the link twisting it clockwise or anticlockwise.

Good luck Trev.
tombo242
Admin
Admin

Location: Santo Estêvão, East Algarve, Portugal. Now 82, but still feels 22.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:39 pm
PostPost subject:

Hi GmeisteR,

T-R-E-V is dead right here. Sort out the linkage, you will have do this again and again.

It is worth getting a pair of ball joint pliers, I got mine here. $11.93 USD free shipping.

From your first post it sounds as if you have a pitch gauge already. If not you will need one, ebay is a good source.

As T-R-E-V says adjusting links is an easy job. Only adjust one side, remember the colour of the blade tape on the blade you are adjusting and take no more than one full turn and check the tracking again. If it's too much back off a half turn, too little advance a half turn and check again, but leave the other blade alone. Trying to set two blades at once is the route to disaster.

Sometimes it is impossible to get an absolute spot-on tracking, but if the blades are not showing daylight between the tips at hover, there should be no problems. You just have to choose the nearest half turn if one is over and the other under.

I would not recommend using carbon fibre blades until you can at least take off, hover and land without breaking or scraping things. These blades are too expensive to ruin in a "early flight" crash.
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Belt CP All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: