Register | Log in

Electric-RC-Helicopter.com's Homepage
AlbumAlbum  | FAQ | Search | Memberlist

just got my esky belt cp v2, already broke it !

Custom Search
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Belt CP

Advertisements

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chansen1953
Hover Master
Hover Master

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:17 pm
PostPost subject: just got my esky belt cp v2, already broke it !

Hi, i am a newbie. I have done plemty of planes in the past, and plenty of toy heli's , and dual rotor stuff. this is my first "real" heli. I have been practicing with fms and clearview for weeks and can fly about , hover, land back at my feet and even do a bit of inverted flight and rolls etc in 3d mode.
I did all of the setup and checks as per the esky manual, and then tied the heli to a hover platform to check alignment and try my hovering on the real thing. However after a few minutes it started to come loose, and tilted over. I tried to adjust whilst I powered done, but the blades hit the tail-bar. (now I can start on my first re-build, before even flying it once !!)
I had already bought 10x spare blades just in case. Now I need a new tail-bar, main gear and blades.
Is there any disassembly procedure I can follow, just so I don't pull off items that are hard to re-adjust. ??.
Also what special tools should I invest in. I have bought a set of esky tools, mainly hex drivers. I will find a ball-joint pliers. do I need any special thread glue ? any other tools that I might need ??
Riffster44004
Hover Master
Hover Master

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:17 am
PostPost subject:

we are in the same boat Buddy I just bought the same heli as you and Here i Am trying to do my first rebuild to it before i even get a good hover out of it. LOL well i am not discouraged hope your not keep at it and we both will make it to be those on the videos that we all admire to death . . .
tombo242
Admin
Admin

Location: Santo Estêvão, East Algarve, Portugal. Now 82, but still feels 22.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:23 am
PostPost subject:

Hi chansen1953,

As well as the things you have outlined a pitch gauge is essential as is a swash leveler, You may be able to improvise on the swash leveler, but the pitch gauge really has to be bought. Ebay is a good source for these. It need not be too expensive.

I've used an allan key (hex wrench?) clamped to the mainshaft to level the swash. I have also used a packing sleeve under the swash to hold it level while I reset the links. That's my favourite. I am not keen on the types that fit over the top of the swash.

However, the choice is yours.
solentlife
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:36 pm
PostPost subject:

two things I would do ... get rid of the tether to a table, get proper Hex driver tools that will last.
The tether will upset the balance and natural tendency of the machine. We used to use tail lines held by a friend in the old days ... disaster waiting to happen ! Better to fit training legs / gear and trust those.

Most Kit supplied hex driver tools or named are soft and round out quite quickly. You can of course use a grinder to grind back a bit to get good hex again, but only so many times.
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Belt CP All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: