Register | Log in

Electric-RC-Helicopter.com's Homepage
AlbumAlbum  | FAQ | Search | Memberlist

Motor's not engaging

Custom Search
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Electronic, Parts, Components, Batteries, and Chargers

Advertisements

View previous topic :: View next topic  
EZ2GET2
Fully Charged
Fully Charged

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:13 pm
PostPost subject: Motor's not engaging

After searching for the problem/solution for almost four month now; Iíve decided to register and ask the community for help.
I have the Lama 400 when I first got it; I was flying it all the time. I was looking for better performance and to cut down on crashes and broking blade. I decided to go with the Walkera 400D Extended Shafts. And ever since then I had been unable to get the helicopter motor to spin up. I donít know if I got a controller problem or what. I am operating in Stick Mod 1. I do have signal coming from my controller to the helicopter. Every thing seems to be engaging with the controller all but the motor. I've changed the batteries. I've also replaced the receiver and the 40A Electric Motor Speed Controller. The teeth on the gears are lined up properly, the gear hasnít slipped. Has anyone else run into this? Or could anyone possibly give me some sort of help? Thanks in advance.
pjdog
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:22 am
PostPost subject:

I wounder if you need to reset you throttle range.

Turn on the TX with the throttle all the way up. Then plug in you battery into the ESC. wait for a few seconds for all the beeps. Then slowly move the throttle down to the slow/off position.

Now try to operate the motor. If you still have a problem then I'm thinking you may have a 4-in-1 problem?

I'm not familar with that helicopter so I'm guessing.

Jack

PS: enter you location in your profile so we know were you are. Thanks.
nick_onelove
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:47 am
PostPost subject:

Well seeing as the problem started when you tried a part from a different brand, I would try switching back to the stock part before junking your ESC.

Edited for spelling/grammar.

Last edited by nick_onelove on Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:39 am; edited 1 time in total
pjdog
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:27 am
PostPost subject:

Good idea Nick:
EZ2GET2
Fully Charged
Fully Charged

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:30 am
PostPost subject:

I just about gave up on this Helicopter but im gonna give it one more try. Now here what im having problem with. The rc brush motor not responding to the TX command period. I have done everythings possible all but change out the rc motor. I am operating in Stick Mod 1. I do have signal coming from my controller to the helicopter. Every thing seems to be engaging with the controller all but the motor. My question is there a way for me to check if I may have a connection problem, or a faulty wire. How can I test the motor to see if there good or not. Is there a device I can buy on the market to test such.
tombo242
Admin
Admin

Location: Santo EstÍv„o, East Algarve, Portugal. Now 81, but still feels 19.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:46 am
PostPost subject:

Hi EZ2GET2,

You keep saying motor, is it just the one motor or both that do not respond?

If is is only one motor then you could try swapping the connections over so the top motor is plugged into the bottom motors' power and vis versa. That will check the motor/power circuits.

If it's both motors then it has to be either the Walkera ESC (the Lama ones have been known to fail) or the whatever-in-one.

Can you put a volt meter on the motor input and check what the reading is there when you operate the throttle?

Tom.
EZ2GET2
Fully Charged
Fully Charged

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:15 am
PostPost subject:

tombo245 sorry for taking me so long to get back with you, I had to go find me a Volt Meter. And yes Im talking about both motor not engaging on the TX command. The volt reading came back with a 225. So yesit getting power, I also run a battery pack directly to the motor and yes the did engage. So I guess where back to the ECS. My TX is a WK-2402. sO IF I have to replace this unit do you recommend that I keep the same or upgrade to a better TX.
tombo242
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:53 pm
PostPost subject:

EZ2GET2 wrote:
So I guess we're back to the ECS. My TX is a WK-2402. sO IF I have to replace this unit do you recommend that I keep the same or upgrade to a better TX.

As I don't use Walkera stuff at all, I can't say on that one. I would be tempted to junk the electronics and go Spektrum but only because that's what I've been using for some years. I'm sure that a Walkera enthusiast will be along to help here.

Having trouble understanding the 225, is that 225V. Shocked If so that's way over the top. If it's 2.25V then it's not enough.

As the motors run with a direct power supply, then you have to be loosing power along the line somewhere, but on your earlier post you seemed to have changed everything but the motors. This is the sort of fault where you need to get your hands on the machine. Very difficult to suggest what is likely to be wrong in text. It could even be a high resistance in the battery or its connectors.

Tom.
laneritc
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:40 pm
PostPost subject:

Hi EZ2GET2, lookingat posts on google other forums probley need new motors but if you thing it's the TX look here http://www.wowhobbies.com/hm-4g3-z-33transmitter24ghzradio-wk-2601-24ghzfor4g3-1-1. Lane
raptor69n
Charging
Charging

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 7:13 am
PostPost subject: ESC

I just had a similar issue and it turned out to be on the board I took a loop (magnifying glass) yes cause i'm blind and its tiny, but the problem was that the input to the motor on the board from the input to the first resister was burnt on the board and had separated I took one fine piece of wire and soldered it across to see if this was the issue and Bam it worked. Good luck! Oh it was on a BLITZ RC Tornado which has 4 minutes on it! Nothing but problems so far and if you break a head piece good luck on that as well hahaha!
blackiechan471
Charging
Charging

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:20 pm
PostPost subject:

hey guys i know this is kinda old but i figured i would give it a try. i have an align trex 450 pro (flybar) and was out flying one day and it was doing fine. but then when i went for another fligh the motor would not work. i was not hearing any beeps but all other electronics worked. i did not change any setting in anything just came inside switched the battery and it wouldnt work. i made sure it wasnt the battery that was the problem, i checked that. even though the fourm is kinda old can someone help me??!!
admiral
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:47 am
PostPost subject:

Hi blackiechan471,

Welcome to the forum.

Your problem is either your ESC or your motor, I would first check the mechanical side of the motor, is the power train free moving, does the motor turn freely are all of the electrical connections still good, if they are shrink wrapped it could be hiding a bad joint.

Then it depends on the spares you have, I would use substitution of the motor then the ESC to see if you can isolate the issue.

My money is on a bad solder connection had them myself a couple of times.

PS. Remove the blades before you start experimenting if it comes to life unexpectedly could cause a world of hurt.
tombo242
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:20 am
PostPost subject:

Good advice there from Keith,

Those shrink wrapped joints can go bad. I would start by giving each one a real good tug. Found several that way in the past.

Tom.
Obama420
Charging
Charging

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:11 pm
PostPost subject:

I decided to go with the Walkera 400D Extended Shafts. And ever since then I had been unable to get the helicopter motor to spin up. I donít know if I got a controller problem or what. I am operating in Stick Mod 1. I do have signal coming from my controller to the helicopter Very Happy

Last edited by Obama420 on Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Burgess
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:15 pm
PostPost subject:

Hello Obama420 and welcome to the forum.

Obama420 wrote:
I decided to go with the Walkera 400D Extended Shafts. And ever since then I had been unable to get the helicopter motor to spin up. I donít know if I got a controller problem or what. I am operating in Stick Mod 1. I do have signal coming from my controller to the helicopter Very Happy

Could you please confirm these details:

1# is your helicopter the Walkera HM Lama 400D
2# Is the speed controller the HM-LM400D-Z-33 Speed Controller
3# Are the main motors the HM-LM400D-Z-30 Main Motors
4# which transmitter are you using?

Burgess
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Electronic, Parts, Components, Batteries, and Chargers All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: