Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Belt CP

Advertisements

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RTFM
Hover Master
Hover Master

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:56 am
PostPost subject: New Belt CP X w/Simulator

Allo...just awaiting arrival of new Belt CP X and opted for the FMS 6ch controller\simulator package for training. Has anyone else used this software for training purposes in relation to a CP X or V2? Is it very relevant/realistic? Would I be able to learn to loop or fly inverted etc. with this simulator?

Thanks,
Troy
tombo242
Admin
Admin

Location: Santo Estêvão, East Algarve, Portugal. Now 82, but still feels 22.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:00 am
PostPost subject: Re: New Belt CP X w/Simulator

RTFM wrote:
Is it very relevant/realistic? Would I be able to learn to loop or fly inverted etc. with this (FMS) simulator?

Hi Troy,

FMS is possibly the worst simulator that you can get for free and in my opinion they're overcharging at that! Shocked Forget it please.

Helisim - also free - is a more realistic sim but very limited in models. However, it's the control that you need to practise and it really doesn't matter what the model is, the controls are the same. Only difference with a CP is the speed of the reaction of the model to your input.

My personal recommendation would be Clearview, there is a great range of realistic models and weather control, I have used it for years. (I also make models for download for it.) A lifetime license is only $39.95 USD and for that you get every update and extra models they produce and top-line support.

Whatever you get make certain that it will take a 6 channel controller and get one yourself.

Tom.
RTFM
Hover Master
Hover Master

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 2:49 am
PostPost subject: Re: New Belt CP X w/Simulator

tombo242 wrote:
RTFM wrote:
Is it very relevant/realistic? Would I be able to learn to loop or fly inverted etc. with this (FMS) simulator?

Hi Troy,

FMS is possibly the worst simulator that you can get for free and in my opinion they're overcharging at that! Shocked Forget it please.

Helisim - also free - is a more realistic sim but very limited in models. However, it's the control that you need to practise and it really doesn't matter what the model is, the controls are the same. Only difference with a CP is the speed of the reaction of the model to your input.

My personal recommendation would be Clearview, there is a great range of realistic models and weather control, I have used it for years. (I also make models for download for it.) A lifetime license is only $39.95 USD and for that you get every update and extra models they produce and top-line support.

Whatever you get make certain that it will take a 6 channel controller and get one yourself.

Tom.

Thanks Tom,
Would you choose Clearview over Phoenix. They seem to be the frontrunners in RC simulators.
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Belt CP All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: