Custom Search
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> T-REX

Advertisements

View previous topic :: View next topic  
solentlife
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 1:02 pm
PostPost subject: New parts for 450 and paypal woes ...

Ordered new parts for my 450 SE V2 clone ready for when I return home. That is tail rotor blades, fly-bar paddles, boom fitting for stays, along with various bits and bobs we need on regular basis !

No problem ordering - but Paypal decides to play games. My usual location is Uk or Latvia, but for last 2 months I have been in Ukraine ... expect another month before return home. I have had running argument with PP to actually do as I require and honour my payments. Every time I make payment on PP to a seller - they restrict account, require me to change password, reset account. Not only that but they reverse all transactions so I am looking a real idiot to sellers that I have very good relations with. PP's response to my contacting : They are protecting my interests. Do they listenm to my confirmation that it is actuially me making the payment orders ? No. Do they correct their mistake ? No. Do they do anything that may indicate they receive my communication ? No.

I have had to email direct to the sellers apologising for PP's actions ... and ask them to wait till I get home. I've tried direct email PP, alternative VPN .... no. PP refuses to accept.

Am I the only one who thinks it time for PP to review it's methods and allow us possibility to confirm a pyment when in doubt ?

Anyway - sellers are really good and all have told me to pay when I can - and they are all Chinese ebay sellers ... I have the parts and my 450 will be gracing the skies as soon as I can get my hands on it ....
tombo242
Admin
Admin

Location: Santo Estêvão, East Algarve, Portugal. Now 82, but still feels 22.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 12:03 am
PostPost subject:

Nothing so bad as that Solentlife, but PP does insist that my card must be from a bank in the country that my home address is. (My PP acount card was on my UK bank with my address for everything else here.)

This now means that I loose on changing GBP into Euros and then again int USD. The real sting in the tail is when my Euros are changed back into GBP.

Tom.
solentlife
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 2:21 pm
PostPost subject:

tombo242 wrote:
Nothing so bad as that Solentlife, but PP does insist that my card must be from a bank in the country that my home address is. (My PP acount card was on my UK bank with my address for everything else here.)

This now means that I loose on changing GBP into Euros and then again int USD. The real sting in the tail is when my Euros are changed back into GBP.

Tom.

That's strange .... I live in Latvia, Bank in Latvia but all cards on PP are UK based banks ... Natwest and Barclays. I do not put my Latvian cards on PP account.

The problem I'm having now is something that others I know have had ... when travelling and you action a PP payment - some countries you are in, when the IP address is detected cause PP to reject the payment ...
This is happening with all payments I want to make while I'm on assignment in Ukraine. I've contacted PP via the resolution centre - that's a mis-named piece of cr** if ever there was !! and also via Contact us ... no deal.

Boy oh Boy ... can't wait to get back home and get the 450 out !! (After saying Hi to the wife of course !! Laughing )
tombo242
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 11:58 pm
PostPost subject:

solentlife wrote:
I live in Latvia, Bank in Latvia but all cards on PP are UK based banks ... Natwest and Barclays. I do not put my Latvian cards on PP account.

Hi Solentlife,

I thing you put your finger on it when you said "Get back home." If your statement address is in the same country as your bank, then the problem does not arise. I my case the statement comes to Portugal and the bank is in UK. PP does not like this at all. All was fine until my UK card was renewed, then PP refused to allow the new card to be sanctioned.

I was given 2 choices: Give up PP or use a Portugese bank card.

Tom.
solentlife
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 1:01 pm
PostPost subject:

tombo242 wrote:
solentlife wrote:
I live in Latvia, Bank in Latvia but all cards on PP are UK based banks ... Natwest and Barclays. I do not put my Latvian cards on PP account.

Hi Solentlife,

I thing you put your finger on it when you said "Get back home." If your statement address is in the same country as your bank, then the problem does not arise. I my case the statement comes to Portugal and the bank is in UK. PP does not like this at all. All was fine until my UK card was renewed, then PP refused to allow the new card to be sanctioned.

I was given 2 choices: Give up PP or use a Portugese bank card.

Tom.

Nope... Statement address is my Latvian home address on the UK banks. Seriously ... I have no problem at all with UK banks with Latvian address .. with PP ...

There is one aspect that is a pain though ........ the UK banks will not accept applications for credit or overdrafts with my being resident outside UK. I get minimum allowance on that even though I have good record going back many years as a resident in UK. Actually there is another matter that annoys me ... with Latvian banks - I can have any currency that is negotiable on open market declared on accounts, I can transfer internationally same as doing local when online in any currency I wish ... But UK banks ? Only if I make special agreements etc. and then it's difficult. NW in fact refuse without Letters of Indemnity etc. So I have a Barclays offshore account to do it ... basically bridging ridiculous UK rules to rest of the world !

Get back home ? another 3 weeks approx. .... here's what I'm doing at moment ...

Superintendent for Ship to Ship cargo transfers ...

Keeps me busy !
tombo242
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 12:14 am
PostPost subject:

I found the same here, the Portugese banks were way ahead of the UK banks in terms of transactions.

I had no trouble with PP util my UK card was renewed. That was when things went sour for me.

Tom.
solentlife
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 3:19 am
PostPost subject:

My cards have been renewed and no trouble ..........

The only one they wont accept is my Co-Op bank Visa Credit ... that just fails to authenticate ... I've even asked Co-Op online staff about it ... but no-one seems to know why ... Co-Op are fine to accept PP on it.

UK banks ......... painful !!

3 weeks to go ...
tombo242
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 4:13 am
PostPost subject:

Hi Solentlife,

What you have not said here is whether or not your cards' statements are sent to a UK address or not. If mine were to a UK address there would be no problem, but I have no home in UK, so my address for all material is here in Portugal. That is what seems to cause the problem, not where I live but the statement address in a different country to the bank.

Tom.
Pappy K
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 6:57 am
PostPost subject:

Hi Guys: Geez, I must be lucky. My PayPal account uses a direct deposit from my bank here in Australia AND also accepts my Visa card from a US Bank even tho the address for me is here in Oz.

However, in transfer of funds the Australian Bank is way ahead of the US Bank too. I can transfer directly to anyone in Australia with no problem; however, if I try to transfer from my US account in Texas to my daughters account in Maryland they can't seem to do that.

Oh well BANKS, can't live with em and by government interference you can't live with out em.
solentlife
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 4:33 pm
PostPost subject:

tombo242 wrote:
Hi Solentlife,

What you have not said here is whether or not your cards' statements are sent to a UK address or not. If mine were to a UK address there would be no problem, but I have no home in UK, so my address for all material is here in Portugal. That is what seems to cause the problem, not where I live but the statement address in a different country to the bank.

Tom.

All my bank correspondence / account statements, home address registered with them ... ALL are my latvian residence address. I have no UK address on anything to do with banks.

Actually my previous post did say Statement address was Latvia ...

Cheers
Nigel
solentlife
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 4:40 pm
PostPost subject:

Pappy K wrote:
Hi Guys: Geez, I must be lucky. My PayPal account uses a direct deposit from my bank here in Australia AND also accepts my Visa card from a US Bank even tho the address for me is here in Oz.

However, in transfer of funds the Australian Bank is way ahead of the US Bank too. I can transfer directly to anyone in Australia with no problem; however, if I try to transfer from my US account in Texas to my daughters account in Maryland they can't seem to do that.

Oh well BANKS, can't live with em and by government interference you can't live with out em.

The problem I have is not residence address / bank location ... it's that I travel a lot as part of my job and Paypal doesn't like some of the places I visit ....

Ghana - Various items on ebay I ordered, Paypal detected location and refused to honour my payment.
Ukraine - where I am now ... again Paypal detects location and refuses to complete transaction.

Friend of mine who usually lives in Sweden .... moved to Poland and had exactly same trouble.

Paypal operates a computerised audit / security system that basioally appears to reject / reverse transactions it deems questionable. It has no provision to allow us as buyers to verify that transaction when in question.

So I have my spare parts waiting at home and sellers unpaid. By time I get back - the time limit on feedback and display of items bought etc. will be defaulted out of MyEbay ... so I will have to go through emails etc. to verify who and what is not paid. I usually find that trying to ID via the package in post is no g'tee of who sent it etc.

Paypal ... wake up and sort it out please !!
tombo242
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 6:12 pm
PostPost subject:

Well Folks,

This is what I got from PP re: my card.

"Thank you for contacting PayPal. I hope to help resolve this issue for you today.

I understand from your email Mr. Bale, that you are enquiring about adding your credit card
(number deleted) to your PayPal account. I have reviewed this for you and I can see that this is being denied by your bank as when we are verifying the address on the card it is not matching. (They match exactly) However, the format of the address on your PayPal account would not influence this.

I have noticed that the currency to this credit card has been set to GBP. Has this card been issued from the UK?
(It is a UK card - where else?) If so, that may the reason you are unable to update it onto this account. We can only accept credit or debit cards issued in the same country as your PayPal account. (My PP acount was initiated in UK.)

When you initially create an account we allow you to enter a foreign card so you can use your account while you setup a Portuguese card. (I was a UK resident, I had never been to Portugal at that time!) Once that card expires or is removed we require you to add a Portuguese card. (That seems the only relevent part.)

If it is a Portuguese card, please can you contact us once more so that this issue can be investigated further for you?

It has been my pleasure to assist you today Mr. Bale. I hope that I have given you the information needed to resolve this issue.
(Not on your life Emma!) Please let me know if you require further assistance.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Yours sincerely,
Emma

PayPal"

Thanks Guys, I will now say no more on this subject other than one question, how on Earth can I get prices in USD or Euros and NOT in GB pounds. Ebay seems to think that I am still in UK; PP do not, I would like not to have covert Euros back into GBP. Unfortunately Portugal does not have a Portugese ebay link.

Tom.
solentlife
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 4:31 pm
PostPost subject:

WOW !!

I have never read such a pile of HS .... from PP

To be honest ... I'm totally astounded that you even got a HUMAN response out of PP ... only one I ever get is Please fill out Customer Satisfaction Form after I've sent them a real arse-bender of a moan.

I still have no response from them about last fiasco.

Very strange.

I have UK based PP account and UK based Ebay registration. Like you Latvia has no PP or ebay ...

My cards have always been UK issued and initially were addressed as UK (my late Mothers address), but some years back I changed all to my Latvian address.

PP have verified all addresses without issue. Cards expire ... new ones issued ... I update PP ... no problem.

BUT 1 card is refused and to this day I do not know why ... I suspect it's because it's a true Visa Credit Card that transactions can be reversed without PP being able to prevent ? ... it's a Co-Op bank Visa.
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> T-REX All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: