Register | Log in

Electric-RC-Helicopter.com's Homepage
AlbumAlbum  | FAQ | Search | Memberlist

New to hobby

Custom Search
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Electric RC Helicopters General Discussion

Advertisements

View previous topic :: View next topic  
crocus
Fully Charged
Fully Charged

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:11 am
PostPost subject: New to hobby

I am new to Rc electric helicopters, but older than dirt. Just ordered an Esky Honey Bee King 2, was really pleased with myself until I read on this guy's ad on Ebay that the Esky helicopters are junk. Is he just trying to sell his 'junk', or do the Esky helicopters have issues. He was talking about warped parts and how 1/2 of them won't fly at all.
It seems that most of the people here seem to think they're ok.
One thing I was a little concerned about was the rotor head, how all of the linkage ball-joints seem to be just snap-on, plastic-on-plastic. Do they wear out real fast?
Thanks for the help. Oh, I did order a sim program as well.
Crashagain
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:51 pm
PostPost subject:

I really don't know much about this particular heli, but from what I found on it and read up on, it seems to be a decent intro, no frills heli.
As far as that plastic part wearing out you are asking about, I don't think you have any worrys here.. I think you would have to fly for along time to wear them out. My T-Rex uses metal balls and plastic links with no problems. I guess as long as everything is smooth and moves freely you have no worries..
Practice alot on your sim before you take her out and fly.
I know my sim and saved me hundreds of dollars. They are the ultimate learning tool..
lsxtrkiller
Hopping Maniac
Hopping Maniac

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:45 am
PostPost subject:

ok my friend has that heli and has had few problems with it as far as i know after flying this heli it seemed to put mine to shame i have the walkera 22e but no money to upgrade yet as i can do little more than hover and a bit flight but nothing to intence i cant really say that it is great for inverted flight but in normal flight it is much more stable than the 22e and has much more stablke take off and landing. i wish now i had done more reseach before buying the 22e but its all good i would love to upgrade to the new walkera hm 1#A some time.
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Electric RC Helicopters General Discussion All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: