Register | Log in

Electric-RC-Helicopter.com's Homepage
AlbumAlbum  | FAQ | Search | Memberlist

NEW TOY!!!!

Custom Search
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Electric RC Helicopters General Discussion

Advertisements

View previous topic :: View next topic  
marks73
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:03 pm
PostPost subject: NEW TOY!!!!

I had been conversing on another forum with a gentleman who I had watched several videos of when he was comparing an Align Trex 500 DFC Pro vs. an Align Trex 500L Dominator.
After several discussions he offered to build me a 500 DFC Pro and the only used parts are the Dominator motor ,ESC (3 flights from the videos) and an Ikon Flybarless system. All other parts and brand new.
He had me ship him my Spektrum Dx6i radio and installed all the settings for the Ikon and even programmed one switch for the automatic leveling feature.
I took it out of the box, assembled the tail and blades, verified the blade pitch though the full scale, charged the battery, and believe it or not, went through the entire battery pack going through hover training exercises with no incidents other than a few hard landings.
Now he set the Ikon up on the beginner level and the only thing I can figure is that the controls are dampened such that my 450 Pro in comparison is like trying to steer a bumble bee.
I have now finally experienced just how great it is to fly these things and can't wait to move on to the next exercises with both birds. That is after I slow down the controls on the 450!

tombo242
Admin
Admin

Location: Santo Estêvão, East Algarve, Portugal. Now 82, but still feels 22.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:14 am
PostPost subject:

Well Howdy, looks like you're really hooked now, once you start on the bigger stuff there's no holding you. Me; I'm getting into quads, far cheaper and easier for aerial photography, which is what I like to do.

Anyway, congratulations,

Tom.
admiral
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:41 am
PostPost subject:

Looks like you got a great deal, you won't look back with a 500 especially with the self leveling.
Burgess
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:22 am
PostPost subject:

Yes WELL DONE Mark, that 500 DFC looks really good, and great for to have someone in reasonably easy reach to set it up for you.

Burgess
Carson92
Hopping Maniac
Hopping Maniac

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:54 pm
PostPost subject:

I am planning to get new toy heli. Suggest me a nice rc helicopter folks.
tombo242
Admin
Admin

Location: Santo Estêvão, East Algarve, Portugal. Now 82, but still feels 22.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:43 pm
PostPost subject:

Well Carson your best bet is to start with a simulator, that will save you a lot of money in repairs and give you some good training in the use of the controls. One here might might appeal to you http://www.banggood.com/search/simulator-rc-helicopter.html If not any of the 4 or 6 channel ones shown would be great.

Perhaps you would sort out a problem I have?

Why are you using 2 IP's for your posting, both in the Russian Federation while you are in Swansea?
I notice that both of these have been used for spamming in the past few weeks on other forums under several different names and emails.

Tom (Moderator)
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Electric RC Helicopters General Discussion All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: