Register | Log in

Electric-RC-Helicopter.com's Homepage
AlbumAlbum  | FAQ | Search | Memberlist

New Transmitter???

Custom Search
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Electronic, Parts, Components, Batteries, and Chargers

Advertisements

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NMGeezer
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:41 am
PostPost subject: New Transmitter???

I'm thinking of getting a new transmitter so I can fly my MCX and CX2 with the same TX, can use some of the download Simulators and for any future Heli's that i might get. My only experiance is with RTF coaxials so I am a little confused by the ad's. I am thinking Spectrum DX6 because the e-flights come with Spectrum . The DX6 comes three ways, with servos, with receiver and by itself. Is there any reason that I would need servos or Receiver? I'm also thinking Futaba. Would it work with my existing spectrum servos and receivers? It's all 2.4 technology.
tombo242
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

Location: Santo EstÍv„o, East Algarve, Portugal. 78, but still feels 18.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:54 pm
PostPost subject:

Hi NMGeezer,

As long as your Rxs' have DSM2 already there will be no need to change them. Its' the DSM2 technology in Tx & Rx that causes the binding. You will, of course, have to programme the Tx for each model seperately, but once each is bound to its' programme there should be no futher problem.
NMGeezer
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:55 am
PostPost subject:

Hi Tombo,

I have another question about the DX6i. I want to use rechargeable batteries but the maximum voltage for 4 rechargeables is 4.8V and that is the minimum voltage the TX will work on. Are you using rechargeables and if so, how do they work? I found that Spektrum has a wireless adapter that works on the FS One flight sim. It plugs into the FS One USB cable and you bind to it just like a Heli.
Sponsor

admiral
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:15 am
PostPost subject:

Hi NMGeezer,

I have just taken my MCX & CX2 over to a DX6i couldn't recommend it higher unless you went DX7 allowing for the future. I bought mine through Ebay be careful people offer DX6 which is only DSM not DSM2. It runs fine on rechargables in fact one to the offers from spektrum comes with rechargables. Mine didn't come with rechargables but did come with AR6200 receiver which is a full range receiver as compared with the AR6100 which is only good for 300 metres. I've fitted the AR6200 to the 450 class that I have for when I get through my fixed pitch stage.

Hope this helps
NMGeezer
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:10 am
PostPost subject:

Thanks for the input admiral. I was wanting the DX6i but leaning toward the DX5 to save some money, then I realized that it only be bound to one heli at a time and I also have the MCX and the CX2. I guess I will just have to bite the bullet and spend a little more money. The DX6i will also work with the Phoenix flight sim that I am seriously considering. Darn, this hobby can get expensive Smile I am using rechargeable batteries in my LP5DSM. They are working but I have to make sure they are fully charged.
roberted5r/cnut
Flying Inverted
Flying Inverted

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:35 pm
PostPost subject:

Hello,

I just ordered a DX6i and found it the best bang for the buck.I got the full range Microlight,it comes with the newer version of the 6100e now it's called a 6110e,I got it for my mcx,maybe for the msr.

I mainly got it for airplanes,I know this is a heli forum,but I just wanted to add and ask a few things.

One thing I've been hearing is that flyer are using the 6110e and flying quit a distance with fairly good sized nitro profiles,big hunks of cash,with no problems,my resources are very good and they are using it just like they would any other receiver with no problems.

Heres a question about the batteries,I'm guessing they fit in the back like with the transmitter that comes with the mcx RTF,you put one in at a time.
Alot of time has passed,but back when I flew before,this was a problem,after years of use the clips that hold the batteries in come loose and we got glitches,so we just made a pack with a plug and made a male plug that connected into transmitter and that solved the glitch.

Also,when you charge your batteries,do you have to remove them or is there a plug in the side of transmitter for the charger to plug into and they charge in the transmitter,this would eliminate wearing out the clips that make the connection,but I think I'll eventually put in some kind of pack and plug using a deans connector the very small 3 pin,but it also a 2 pin.

thanks
OTTERDRIVER
Fully Charged
Fully Charged

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:14 am
PostPost subject:

Hey there!

Had a question for anyone to answer, new to the hobby, I just bought the walkera cb180d, really decent helicopter, I am considering the walkera creata 400 and I was wondering if I could fly it with the 2402 transmitter I have already? Any feedback would be appreciated. Question
tombo242
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

Location: Santo EstÍv„o, East Algarve, Portugal. 78, but still feels 18.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:49 am
PostPost subject:

Hi NMGeezer,

A bit late, sorry, I seem to have missed your question about the recharcables in the DX6i. I get at least 1 full hour of active use before the battery warning buzzer sounds using 2,100mAh AAs'. Never had a problem with contacts yet but you never know it could happen.
NMGeezer
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:44 am
PostPost subject:

Hi Tombo,
No problem, I try not to get into much of a hurry Smile
Besides I have been flying the sim for the last couple of weeks and that takes very little power. I crashed the CX2 breaking a blade and bending the inner shaft and might have bent the outer. I then proceded to break off a ball on the swash plate of the MCX, trying to adjust a linkage Sad
The reply is appreciated though. The rechargables seem to be working, I will know when I get my little fleet flying again Smile
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Electronic, Parts, Components, Batteries, and Chargers All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: