Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Belt CP

Advertisements

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rimirilar
Hover Master
Hover Master

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:49 pm
PostPost subject: noob about to buy

I am very new to flying rc helicopters. I recently purchased a small one while at a mall and loved it. I have looked around online and I am about to purchase a Esky BELT-CP 450 V2. Is there anything I should know before I buy it? I am going to order it with carbon fiber main and tail rotor blades, as well as, an anti-crash kit until I learn how to fly it better. Although I do not have a pilots license, I am not new to flight. I am very knowledgeable about fundamentals of flight, but I still do not want to mess up my first one by doing something dumb. Any thoughts?
tombo242
Admin
Admin

Location: Santo Estêvão, East Algarve, Portugal. Now 82, but still feels 22.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:09 am
PostPost subject:

Best advice I can give is to:-

1. Get a simulator and put in a few hours before running up a 450 class heli.

2. Follow Radds' Course on this link to the letter.

These two will not prevent you from crashing the heli in the end, only the gods never crash. It is the nature of this hobby that you often learn to repair faster than you learn to fly.

Good luck!
rimirilar
Hover Master
Hover Master

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:40 am
PostPost subject: the simulator

Ok, so I downloaded the simulator and have been trying to get it to work on my computer. I have Windows Vista 64-bit. I have been trying all the little things that I have read online to try and get it to work, but nothing seems to be helping. Any ideas? I downloaded the FMS
rimirilar
Hover Master
Hover Master

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:50 am
PostPost subject:

Nevermind. I deleted the old program, restarted my computer, and reinstalled the newest version. Works now. How close to actually flying an Electric RC Helicopter is this program?
pjdog
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:43 am
PostPost subject:

Lots of people on the forum are going to disagree with me on this but I think the Esky BELT-CP 450 V2 is too much helicopter for the first RC helicopter. I've started with a little $ 90.00 Falcon 40 V2. After three weeks and lots of repair parts I'm just now getting to where I can hover. Not necessary in the same place. I'm just now getting to where I can fly and go inside with the same helicopter that I went outside with.

I even bought a co-axial helicopter so I could get more flight time, I will admit that I like the Falcon 40 allot better than the Esky Lama V2. But the co-axial is simple to fly.

I also went the simulator route with clearview. It has helped allot but it's not got the same fear factor as putting your money in the air.

Food for thought.

Jack
Dumb Thumbs
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:47 am
PostPost subject:

Just some friendly advise, don't try learning using CF blades. Woodies are just fine for starting out and they are a lot cheaper then CF blades. Another nice thing about woodies is they will break away cleanly when things go wrong (and it'll happen), dissipating a lot of energy that could damage other parts. Case in point, post crash pic with CF blades on my Rex450SEv2 Rolling Eyes
tombo242
Admin
Admin

Location: Santo Estêvão, East Algarve, Portugal. Now 82, but still feels 22.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:48 am
PostPost subject:

This is just my opinion, others may well disagree. FMS is worth what you pay for it as far as helicopters are concerned. (Not exactly brilliant for fixed wing either!) On all my computers they are soft and more like co-axials to fly than real 400+ class helis.

A better (and free) programme for the 400~450 class heli is HeliSimRC but you are very limited in the models. However, they do perform more like the real thing, but ground effect still seems to be missing.

For good effects, photoreal scenery and a more realistic flight with very adustable parameters, I find that ClearView at $40.00 USD is very good value. There are better programmes if you want to spend far more but I do not think that the "Bang for the Buck" compares to ClearView. There is also a Clearview Forum where you can get excellent advice from other users.
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Belt CP All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: