Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Belt CP Goto page Previous  1, 2

Advertisements

View previous topic :: View next topic  
macart52
Hopping Maniac
Hopping Maniac

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:31 am
PostPost subject:

Well ol pal Tombo, I let that one pass, as there was no radio. Thank you for the info on that there esc. I'm a might proud to say, you are a good teacher and I thank you for that too. As far as a B400, just can't seem to find any in my price range. We have (Over here) a deal called craigs list. Now I found some in my price range but them fellers just don't get back to me. The one ol boy that had the CP Belt that I was a fixen on buyin, wrote back to me this morning. But it was just an ol belt. Not the v2, so I wrote and told him I'd pass on that one. And as you say a disposible heli. Thanks for settin me straight on that one too.

Now heres where I screwed up on the dimensions, you know when ya wrote back on them and we compared em? Well like I said, I got confused as I've seen so many. Anyway it was this one here that I was talking about.

http://www.xheli.com/6che3d450he.html

I've checked out the reviews on it, and they're not to bad. Just the directions are all screwed up and they ain't got many parts for it yet. So I really don't know if this here one will fizzle out or not.Check it out here:

http://www.mycoolheli.com/reviews/ReviewERazor450.html

Now this is the one thats a spell bigger than the B400. Now I got it straight he he takes me a spell or two ya know.

Ok so now we have that one, which is a brand new one and we also have this one here...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280542885696&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Now the feller is right, it's gonna be around 20.00 to fix it. But I do have a concern about the antenny. That there is broke also and I can't seem to find one. Don't know how bad it's broken either. I'm fixen on writin him and ask him how bad it's broken.
Be much obliged on your input here.

Doug
macart52
Hopping Maniac
Hopping Maniac

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:42 am
PostPost subject:

Shoot tom, I didn't mean the ESC. I meant the TX.....Damned old age Laughing
tombo242
Admin
Admin

Location: Santo Estêvão, East Algarve, Portugal. Now 82, but still feels 22.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:07 pm
PostPost subject:

Howdy Macart,

I like the idea of the ebay one, he's wrong about $20.00 to fix the only Antenna I could find was this one at $17.55 and then there's shipping from UK to the US on top. Easy to change, they just screw in.

Now he thinks the mainshaft may be bent. I would be surprised if it's not and the feathering shaft as well. Your going to have to strip the head right down and check everything. Dang good practise that. Then a careful reassembly getting everything true and level. Allowing for a few bits needed in the head and delivery if you can't collect, I would allow at least $30.00~$40.00 USD including that antenna.

If it wasn't for the antenna and allowing for the bits that he's throwing in then the $20.00 would be reasonable.

The only thing I don't like about these helis is the fact that they are on FM (35 or 72 mHz) not the current standard of 2.4gHz. However, as a "throwaway learner" machine they could be good. At some point you are going to have to strip, repair and reset a head and mainshaft, so why not start now and save some $$$s'. Even without crashing things wear and get slack, head dampers need a check every 20 flights or so, and servos sometimes pack up. There are lots of reasons to know how it comes apart, and more importantly how it goes back together!

Hope this helps some,

Tom.
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Belt CP All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: