Advertisements

View previous topic :: View next topic  
macart52
Hopping Maniac
Hopping Maniac

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:38 am
PostPost subject: Ok...Old Man gonna buy a heli

Hey all,
Hows it goin?? Well I'm about ready to take another plunge. Fixen on buyin me an esky belt cp. I located a feller from Calif. that has one and never flew it. Now I never heard of this one but the only flight he made with it was, secured onto a lazy susan, on his desk at work Question to try to align the tail rotor. Never thought of that but sounds pretty cool Idea. I've had the MSR for around a year now and doin real well with it and the MCX 6300= cake Wink . I also have 2 (Old like new) nitro Venture 30s I bought off fleabay, last yr. that I'm rebuilding. I tried to fly one a couple weeks ago and blew the damn thing up by hitting the wrong button. Gave it way too much neg pitch and tried to send it INTO the ground, in stead of OFF the ground Embarassed. So I figured I'd step gradually to the big fellers with the CP. Wink The blowing up part was a good deal for me though, as it's a learnen me just how to dial that big feller in and all other CCPM machines.
Anyway the cp comes with all the bells and whistles, ie extra blades extra tail rotor, new gyro, sim cd etc. anyway 200.00 shipped.The feller said he had over $350.00 in it, with all the upgrades and all. Cool
One question here, as I'm new to this electric deal. I have two radios. One is the XP6102 and the RD6000, for my big birds. Y'all reckon I could use one of these here radios for the CP? Or do I have to stick with that there gigahertz deal thing?.......Oh and still looking for my CRX2. I think it flew back home to NY on me Shocked Laughing .

Much obliged in advance.
Doug
tombo242
Admin
Admin

Location: Santo Estêvão, East Algarve, Portugal. Now 82, but still feels 22.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:26 pm
PostPost subject:

Howdy macart52,

Sounds an expensive way to learn how to setup a CCPM heli, but I reckon it's one lesson y'all will never forget.

About this "gigahertz deal thing" The good ones are probably better than anything else in your shed. I don't know about the one you have, but there's no worries about other fliers on the same frequency as you, and the range depends only on the Rx you've got.

Good luck with the new heli.

Tom.
macart52
Hopping Maniac
Hopping Maniac

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:42 am
PostPost subject:

Well howdy there tombo and a might glad to meet ya. Shoot, been a readin a lot of your posts and I must say WOW!! 1947 huh? You most likely forgot a hell of lot more than anyone of us will ever know Laughing Well my hat is off to you sir Wink Well actually no it wasn't very expensive. See the Ventures are discontinued. Why? I have no clue, but what a heli they were. I bought my first one over a year ago on fleabay. It was an RTF deal, for around 235.00 incl shipping. Then I bought another one, around the same time for around the same price. A little later down the road I bought a guy out, with a boat load of parts. So when she blew up, we're only talkin about the flybar was twisted, tail boom was a mess along with the rotor head cage, some gouges on the main blades and nicks on the rotor blades. I spose I did get lucky, but now I'm putting it all back together. I'm in no hurry though and I love a new challange and also love to tinker. And yes sir it definately taught me a damn good lesson here.

About the radios I have, I don't think they're gonna work. They are a computer but no gig deal thing. I'm fixen on buyin a Dx6i or 7, down the road. I heard they are fantastic, so I could put everything I fly on 1 radio. Hell in fact I think I heard it from you Question

I'm also into planes too. I've started building spad planes, from corragated plastic from here http://www.spadtothebone.com/freeplans.htm I have a couple started last year but other things around the farm here had to be done so that is on the back burner for a while.
Well young man, it's been a pleasure a talkin to ya. If I need any advice, I'll definately give ya a jingle.

Until later my friend have a good day sir.
Doug
tombo242
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:45 am
PostPost subject:

Well howdy agin' there Macart52,

Gotta excuse any faults in the language here It's kinda new to me, but I'm fairly quick to larn. Yeah, I do seem to have alot to say around here, but I like helpin' folks along. Reckon that's how it goes when you spend more time round the cookie barrel than out in the field. Just gotta spread that knowhow around. Ain't no sense in keepin' it to y'rself.

I like that link y'all put up there. I fly a Pitts bipe too, so it ain't all helis for me. That's a real good link there. I got 'er logged up.

Reckon you're right about the ol' Txs'. Just like us they're agittin' long in the tooth. Maybe time to move over and give the young'uns a chance. Don't think y'all do better that the DX6i or DX7, dang good radios both of 'em.

Well Doug, I reckon some folks'll be pondering what's got inta' me talkin' like this. Be good to have an ol' jaw crackin' session sometime.

Tom.
macart52
Hopping Maniac
Hopping Maniac

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:12 am
PostPost subject:

Well howdy agin there tombo. Well it don't look like I'm a gonna git that there heli I was a braggin bout. That ol boy down yonder in California? He never got back to me on a shippin price. So I reckon I'll be a fixen on lookin somewhere else. Shoot, I went along and shot him another email and still ain't come back yet. Now let me ask you a question here. What do you reckon I could get, the blade 400? or a CP Belt. I know the nifty neat ol radio is what I need, that there Dx6i deal, so maybe I should a lookin at that heli. Hell I don't know Confused I could probably go around 300.00. My ol rip off hobby feller is out of his mind. He wants around 500.00 oooFAA I don't think so. I spose I'll be shoppin round agin.

Well you have a real good time out here ol boy.

Talk to ya later...over and out.
tombo242
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:49 pm
PostPost subject:

Howdy there Macart,

I would go for the Blade 400, y'all check this'un out seem 'bout in your range. She used but looks good to me.

Tom.

Edit: On 2nd check forget it there ain't no TX included. I'll keep a watch for anything useful at the right price.
macart52
Hopping Maniac
Hopping Maniac

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:18 am
PostPost subject:

Yeah that there heli caught my eye too, but there aint no tx. Much obliged anyway. I'll keep ma eyes open too.
macart52
Hopping Maniac
Hopping Maniac

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:33 am
PostPost subject:

Hey thar Tom,
Whatca reckon bout the one this feller has??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110566703198&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

She's been wrecked but the price seems right. Ol boy don't picture the tx but says it's there tho. And much obliged fer all the help sir.

Doug
macart52
Hopping Maniac
Hopping Maniac

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:45 am
PostPost subject:

Well ol Tombo, and all, I think my mind is made up. I'm fixen gittin the ol CP Belt V2. Now this is a for sure deal IF I take it. It's a buy it now for $188.99 shipped. Anywhere else on the net and from Japan is around 240.00 and up + shipping. This one here ships out from PA-USA, from a hobby store. It's brand spanken new and everything is there to start flyin right outa the box. (I know.....be sure and set it up first). See I'm a learnin here Laughing The thing I like about it, is, it's a bit bigger than the Blade 400.
Also I took a look see in that there B400 bible and every body has a gripe about the servos and the gyro. A bucket load of people are a sayin to imeadiately upgrade them as they are junk. Shoot, I wanna fly quite a spell before I go along and upgrade anything and if and when i do upgrade it will be after a wreck. I've searched and searched, plus read and read. The only downfall on the CP is the radio, vs the DXi6 and I'm not that worried bout that for now. All I want to do is just hover and fly around, so I can git the real feel of it, until I get my Venture up and runnin. And I'm not worried bout them upside down and sideway deals, for quite a spell either. So any input on this here heli would be greatly appriciated from anyone on here, ie any pitfalls with this heli?? Specially you Tombo sir Confused .
Much obliged in advance.

Doug
tombo242
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:11 pm
PostPost subject:

Howdy Macart,

Nice to know y'all got your mind made up. I don't see how you think the Belt CP V2 is bigger than the Blade 400 though. Take a look at these specs:

Blade 400
Main Rotor Diameter:28.2 in (718mm)
Tail Rotor Diameter:5.3 in (135mm)
Gross Weight:RTF with Li-Po battery, 23.5 oz (665 g)
Length:25.6 in (650mm)
Motor Size:420H brushless outrunner, 3800kV
Control System:Spektrum DX6i 2.4GHz DSM2 computer programmable transmitter (included)
Spektrum AR6100e Microlite receiver (installed)
DS75 Digital Sub-Micro Servos (4 installed)
120 degree CCPM
Rotor Blade Length:12.8 in (325mm)

Belt CP V2
• Main blade diameter: 680mm
• Tail blade diameter: 130mm
• Length: 650mm
• Height: 230mm
• Weight(Including Power System):Approx 670g
• Motor: 450 brushless motor
• 10 tooth pinion
• Rotate ratio:12:140/110:22
• 25A brushless speed controller
• 2.4GHz radio control system
• Head lock gyro
• Servo: 8g
• Tail rotor drive: belt system

Seems to me only the lengths are equal, the Blade is ahead on all else except weight. Now a 450 brushless motor can be anywhere from 3500kV to 4200kV and the CP does not say what it's using just 450, so we can't judge there. However, there's no argument on price, so if you consider the CP as a "Throwaway Learner" then you've got a good deal. Spares shouldn't be too difficult to find. I wish you good luck with it.
pjdog
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:00 pm
PostPost subject:

I guess I shouldn't butt in but I would have to have 4 Esky cp belt helis to compare to one B400. The cp Belts are disposable, the B400 comes with a DX6I and the B400 flies like a dream. That's a keeper.
macart52
Hopping Maniac
Hopping Maniac

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:41 am
PostPost subject:

Well know, thanks alot for that input fellers. God I'm a goin nuts here tryin to find something that aint junk. And you are absolutely right there Tom. The belt cp is smaller. Thats old age for ya and it's all about gittin confused. I've looked at so many helis, that I'm blue in the face. So now the table is turned again. Now again I'm thinkin bout the Blade 400. I know I sound like a whack job, but I'm on a fixed income and don't need a money pit. And thank you too there pj. Reckon thats what I needed to hear. I go on all these sites and everyone has their own opinion. Hell one site I was on says both of them helis are junk. But I fly such and such. Well he probably does and probably paid around a grand for it. Looks like I'm gonna try and give this one a go.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110566703198&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Now it don't picture a radio, so I wrote him and asked him if the radio was there. Waiting for a reply as of now.

Well thanks again fellers. I'll let y'all know what turns up.

Doug
pjdog
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:12 am
PostPost subject:

Wow - That's interesting. I was also looking at that EBay item. I also asked about the radio. It is NOT included.
pjdog
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:19 am
PostPost subject:

96.00 buck is a steal plus 15.00 bucks shipping but of course you don't know what really needs to be repaired. Still needs a fly-bar, paddles and weights. But they are cheap.

The B400 is the best helicopter in the 400-450 size. Mine is super. Knowing what I know today I wish I had started with a B400 and not wasted my money on all the other helicopters that I not longer have.

My B400 is superiour to the AXI 450 SE and AXI 450 me thinks.

macart52 - you could buy this thing and get a HP6DSM to fly it. They are all over the EBay site cheap.

Jack
tombo242
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:21 am
PostPost subject:

Howdy Macart,

Looks a good buy y'all found there, but the HP6DSM does not have the programmable capabilities of the DX6i which is why they are so cheap. You will as PJ says get a good bargain but it is a limiting one. I don't want to down PJs' choice but it might be worth lookin' at this one. There could well be more in a search, but the DX6i is so superior to the HP6DSM it really is worth considering.
Tom.
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Belt CP All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: