Advertisements

View previous topic :: View next topic  
featured_article
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:40 am
PostPost subject: RC Flight Simulators

This article can be found here: RC Flight Simulators

Please post comments here and they will automatically appear on the contents page. Commenting options on the article's main page was disabled due to spam.
bungy
Hopping Maniac
Hopping Maniac

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:08 am
PostPost subject:

I think Phoenix model flight sim is very good.

Cheaper than the others mentioned above as well.

AUD$180 approx - USD$155 plus postage

well worth a look

http://www.phoenix-sim.com/welcome.htm
tombo242
Admin
Admin

Location: Santo Estêvão, East Algarve, Portugal. Now 82, but still feels 22.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:45 pm
PostPost subject: I like ClearViiew

I find that the small price to be paid for ClearView makes it amazing value for money. Any controller that will be recognised by the computer will work with it. Unlike FMS (which is free and so must top any value for money comparision) you will need a 6 channel TX to fly helicopters (or retract undercarts), I think that this is an advantage as together with the photo-real models and landscapes you could almost be on the field. The way the models smash themselves to bits is also very real.
silhouette015
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:00 am
PostPost subject: Re: I like ClearViiew

tombo242 wrote:
The way the models smash themselves to bits is also very real.

lol to that Laughing

Of course you want to keep all the "smash themselves into bits" in the sim out of real life Wink
tombo242
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:20 pm
PostPost subject:

Thanks Silhoutte - Forgot about that part - you are right. Let's keep the flying field clean.

Be like the guy with the dustpan and brush. Razz
Gregg
Fully Charged
Fully Charged

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:43 pm
PostPost subject:

I am using the FS One frome Hanger 9, $99.99 plus 19.99 for the hanger pack add on. I also have clear view's free trial download which I like and will upgrade. I tried the HelisimRC but could not get it to work so I can't say anything about it
tombo242
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:18 pm
PostPost subject:

I've started making models to fly in ClearView. I use AC3D and build many from scratch. This is far cheaper than building a real model but it is almost as rewarding when you see it fly in ClearView. This is also handy when there is not a copy of the model that you have available. My first ever R/C heli, a very much modded "Wee Jock" could not be found anywhere as there is only one model in existance and I find that flying a "similar" model is not the same. See attached ClearView image.

On the other hand models of the rest of my stock fleet are easily available.

One major problem is the lack of "Helicopter Parameter" file information, planes yes but helis no. You just have to fiddle about and hope for the best but it can fill in a winter evening or two.
solentlife
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:15 pm
PostPost subject:

This is a later ... much later addition to this thread and I hope can get it going again as there must be many updates / new versions out there since this thread first started.

I have had good results with HeliSimRC with 3 Tx's ....

a) USB Tx supplied with RC Planemaster ... this works without any problem and gives full control as HeliSimRC can supply the swash mix etc. needed without need for programming on the radio.

b) Radiolink T6EHP Heli programmable 6ch Tx as supplied with my 450 RTF ... it connects with a standard universal kit of ebay ... to USB on PC ... You have choice of Tx own programming or use HeliSimRC's PC based ....

c) FlySky 9X Tx via SPPConsole and PPjoy ... with audio cable ... again leaving you choice of Tx programming or HeliSimRC 's PC based

I have tried other Sims and can honestly say that FMS is very poor compared to HeliSimRC ... in fact very poor in all models and I have downloaded loads trying to find one that flies as per reality !!
Clearview - I liked that and graphics were very good ... but sadly I'm a scrooge and won't pay ... so the Demo ran out ... back to HeliSimRC.

RF and Phoenix .......... Yes very nice - but they should be as they cost so much ... in fact IMHO - they are outside reasonable bounds for pricing regardless of savings against crashing the real thing.

So I'm back with HeliSimRC for Helicopters and Planemaster for fixed wing ... both reproduce models realistically enough for me. What I like is that they show control inputs BEFORE leaving ground. FMS and others are very poor on this IMHO ... FMS in fact if you give back cyclic or up elevator - tail dissapears into the ground !!

So lets get the thread back current and then all those new members to the forum can read up on essential Sims !!
tombo242
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:08 pm
PostPost subject:

Hi solentlife,

I have a copy of Planemaster as well, a present - never bought it. Surely at £19.99 GBP + shipping it can't be much less than ClearView. I just use the controller that came with it. The rest was more like a game than a simulator.

Tom.
solentlife
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:51 pm
PostPost subject:

tombo242 wrote:
Hi solentlife,

I have a copy of Planemaster as well, a present - never bought it. Surely at £19.99 GBP + shipping it can't be much less than ClearView. I just use the controller that came with it. The rest was more like a game than a simulator.

Tom.

Is that Planemaster or Helimaster ? I paid via an Ebay seller and it was a lot cheaper ... I think I paid 20 quid all in ....

I wanted the Helimaster CD - but for some reason online site won't accept my order ...

The Planemaster has an ME109 that is spot on with the RTF Lanyu I bought - so I'm lucky that HeliSimRC has trex 450 and RC P has the Me109 ... mimicking my flight inventory at this time !

I have no intention of spending any more money on sims now ... they do the job .... Wink
tombo242
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:03 am
PostPost subject:

Planemaster like I said Solentlife, I learned long ago to say "Thank you" for gifts and not say that I really wanted something else. In every transaction there are gains and losses, the trick is to look for the gains and balance it out. The controller has stood me in good stead for years. Probably the software has improved some by now. You were lucky to find a model that suited, there was only the controller for me - but I like it!

Tom.
solentlife
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:05 am
PostPost subject:

I have to say I was surprised about the controller with Planemaster ... it's remarkably good and mimics a Tx well.
cloud
Hover Master
Hover Master

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 9:30 pm
PostPost subject:

solentlife wrote:
I have to say I was surprised about the controller with Planemaster ... it's remarkably good and mimics a Tx well.
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Sim / Training All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: