Register | Log in

Electric-RC-Helicopter.com's Homepage
AlbumAlbum  | FAQ | Search | Memberlist

RC Helicopter Camera

Custom Search
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Electronic, Parts, Components, Batteries, and Chargers

Advertisements

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rchelicam
Fully Charged
Fully Charged

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:15 pm
PostPost subject: RC Helicopter Camera

Hi everyone new here!

I am interested in a RC helicopter camera system and was wondering if anyone here have any experience with them. I'm talking about like a complete package that comes with camera and is ready to fly right away. In my research I've found the draganfly line but those seems to be expensive. Are there any solution that is more affordable? Also are the multi rotors the way to go with rc helicopter camera systems? I think they should be more stable and single rotors one but can't be sure. Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
tombo242
Admin
Admin

Location: Santo Estêvão, East Algarve, Portugal. Now 82, but still feels 22.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:48 pm
PostPost subject:

Hi rchelicam,

I beleive that the multi-rotor is the way to go for photography. Can't yet say from personal experience yet as mine is still being held by the Portugese customs. (They've only had it since 6 Dec so it may be Feb before I get my hands on it Sad .) I have never managed to eliminate vibration in my camera with a conventional heli.

In most cases you get what you pay for. The draganfly will certainly provide everything you could want with todays' technology. Cost depends on quality and quality depends largely on what you want to do with the shots. If you are going to go commercial and sell them or offer your services to people, then only the best will do. On the other hand if all you want to do is post on Youtube then there are very much cheaper ways of doing it provide you are good at DIY.

Tom.
rchelicam
Fully Charged
Fully Charged

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:32 pm
PostPost subject:

Hi Tombo,

Thanks for the reply! WOW that is a REALLY long time for something to be stuck in customs! Did you get your hands on it yet? Considering it's been a month and ten days already. Also, did you purchase a Draganfly or on of the variation readily available today?

I totally agree that multi-rotor seems to be the way to go when it comes to aerial cameras, which is logical too.. I guess. Now I'll be looking to get my hands on some simulator and see how things goes.
tombo242
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:17 am
PostPost subject:

Hi Rc,

No, it's just a 'Try-Out' cheapo, while I love my helis, I wouldn't be without my fixed wing fleet. The Quad is going to be for aerial photography (when it arrives - no sign yet, my Durofly Spitfire fighter took 2 months to get through customs). The first job (when the Quad arrives Sad ) is to make a canopy to carry the camera while I learn how to fly it! Very Happy

Tom.
Andy456
Hover Master
Hover Master

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:54 pm
PostPost subject: helicopters with cameras

Flying an RC helicopter with camera is really great fun. They are also proving to be a significant tool in many real-life search and rescue, crime solving, and surveying applications. The introduction of electrically powered craft, with all the technology they employ means that model helicopter flying is well within the reach of anyone with just a few hours practice. Many modern craft can be flown right out of the box by people with absolutely no previous experience.

Regards.
Andy.
tombo242
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:16 am
PostPost subject: Re: helicopters with cameras

Andy456 wrote:
. . . . Many modern craft can be flown right out of the box by people with absolutely no previous experience.

Not without a few crashes they can't Andy. Everyone overcontrols at first, unless they've had hours of practice on a good sim and that would rule out previous experience. In any case doing it for real is not the same as the sim where there may be no wind and certainly no cost in repairs.

Things can go wrong at any time for anyone. Check this out!

Link

Tom
Andy456
Hover Master
Hover Master

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:39 pm
PostPost subject: Re: helicopters with cameras

tombo242 wrote:

Not without a few crashes they can't Andy. Everyone overcontrols at first, unless they've had hours of practice

As you said that flying rc models is not so easy , no doubt its all true that flying rc models is not easy at all , but only for the first time , after that they can be handeled easily by almost every one after a few flights.

Regards.
Andy.
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Electronic, Parts, Components, Batteries, and Chargers All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: