Register | Log in

Electric-RC-Helicopter.com's Homepage
AlbumAlbum  | FAQ | Search | Memberlist

RC Helicopter Carry Weight

Custom Search
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Electric RC Helicopters General Discussion

Advertisements

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Acrophyr
Charging
Charging

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 12:23 am
PostPost subject: RC Helicopter Carry Weight

Hey, so i'm really new to the whole RC scene and I have been lurking around some different sites and reviews for a good helicopter that can carry 57grams. The object would need to be mounted on the bottom of the helicopter and as close to the front as possible. I have a cheap helicopter I am learning with right now, I would like to keep the helicopters price under $100. Any good choices out there?
admiral
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 2:51 am
PostPost subject:

Hi Acrophyr,

A lot of it depends on what the 57gm is, there are a lot of larger co-axials out there in that price range that would lift it, but if its a camera your looking at lifting I think the vibration will be a bit much to get a good picture.

Also if you are lifting anything it should stay as close as possible to the Center of Gravity which is right under the rotor mast or counter balance it which would take your additional weight way above the 57gm.

This helicopter should do it in your price range, but just remember you get what you pay for.

http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-YD-815-3-Channel-Metal-Remote-Control-Helicopter-Fighting-Eagle-with-Gyro-p-41239.html
tombo242
Admin
Admin

Location: Santo Estêvão, East Algarve, Portugal. Now 82, but still feels 22.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 3:53 am
PostPost subject:

Good choice there Admiral, Recon we need to know a lot more about the needs of Acrophyr before we can do any refining.

You are certainly right about the vibration, a really cheap way towards eliminating this is the carrier I made, see video:

https://youtu.be/il744FzufRc

Fitted to my quad but should work inverted on a coaxial- this is what is looked like on my Big Lama coaxial without the anti vibration:

https://youtu.be/UqtJ_SEGkaM

Tom.
Acrophyr
Charging
Charging

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 6:56 am
PostPost subject:

Okay, so im looking to mount a mini flame shooter for a magic trick. I have someone else who's going to be flying it off stage and it's an illusion that I'm doing it all with my mind. The shooter doesn't heat up at all aside from the quick bursts from the flames themselves. The RC is really only going to be used for this 2 or 3 times and then the rest is recreational. If possible, I would like the helicopter to be able to fly in good conditions outside just for fun, not super important though.
tombo242
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 5:07 pm
PostPost subject:

Hi Acrophyr,

Carrying the weight will be no problem for a medium size coaxial. However, if you want to mount the thrower at the front, you will have to reposition the battery to keep the CoG exactly under the mainshafts.
The only problem is flying outside, the test for this is to stand side to wind and drop a blade of grass from head height. If you can step on it without stretching your stride you might be safe to fly. If the grass lands by your feet then it's O.K. to fly. Coaxials are not good with any wind blowing at all. They will go away but not come back!

Tom.
rchelicopter1
Charging
Charging

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:16 pm
PostPost subject:

Hi Acrophyr,

You Are looking a good Rc helicopters which you can carry easyly also you are founding cheep rate plances. Hi Acrophyr here i am collected some planes for you i think it will be help for you " http://rchelicop.com/cheap-rc-helicopter/ " hope your will be help.
DivenParker
Charging
Charging

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:18 pm
PostPost subject: Hi Acrophyr,

You can use a light weight battery but still have high rate and large capacity, I advise you to try this 3s lipo battery:http://www.genstattu.com/3s-11-1v-lipo-battery.html[/url]
tombo242
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:06 pm
PostPost subject:

Hi DivenParker,

Have you read this thread? He is looking for a heli not a battery.

Anyway these batteries are only 25C where do you get the 'High' discharge from? Also there are no weights given, if these are to replace the stock battery then we need the actual weights Will you quote some real figures for the battery that you are recommending?

Tom.
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Electric RC Helicopters General Discussion All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: