Advertisements

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rchelicam
Fully Charged
Fully Charged

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:52 pm
PostPost subject: RC Helicopter Simulator

Hi again,

I have recently made a post about RC filming platforms and through reading I've come to believe that multi-rotor helicopters would make the best ones. Now I have a question about rc helicopter simulators. I've been searching around both here and around the net and found that there are very little to actually no simulator dedicated solely to RC Helicopters. Could I be proven wrong? So there doesn't seem to be any rc helicopter simulators that actually have a multi-rotor model that I can train with. Is that really the case? Please let me know. Thanks Smile
tombo242
Admin
Admin

Location: Santo Estêvão, East Algarve, Portugal. Now 82, but still feels 22.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:00 am
PostPost subject: Re: RC Helicopter Simulator

rchelicam wrote:
. . . . I've been searching around both here and around the net and found that there are very little to actually no simulator dedicated solely to RC Helicopters. Could I be proven wrong? So there doesn't seem to be any rc helicopter simulators that actually have a multi-rotor model that I can train with. Is that really the case?

Well Rchelicam, I believe that you are correct. I've spent the last 3 months trying to construct a Quad for the ClearView simulator and am still working on it. The only ones that I know of are actually normal helis disguised as Quads. (You see a Quad on screen, but the sim is really flying a single rotor heli.)

I think that if you can handle a conventional heli the a Quad will be easier. Can't say for sure as my Quad is still being held by the Portugese customs (they've had it since 6th Dec 2012) but everything I've read and seen shows that it is much easier to fly than a co-ax and many times more lively if you want. This is also bourne out by a friend in the States who has recently started to fly one.

Tom.
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Simulators / Training All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: