Register | Log in

Electric-RC-Helicopter.com's Homepage
AlbumAlbum  | FAQ | Search | Memberlist

RC helicopters from Amazon

Custom Search
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Electric RC Helicopters General Discussion

Advertisements

View previous topic :: View next topic  
crasher47
Hopping Maniac
Hopping Maniac

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:49 am
PostPost subject: RC helicopters from Amazon

I've gotten so frustrated of having to fix something on my Walkera V200D03 everytime I go out flying, I've resorted to buying cheap 4 channel stuff from Amazon. Recently I purchased a WL Toys V913 and a MJX F645/F45. Both of these are 250 size helos and they fly really well. I added about an ounce of weight in the nose of the V913 to get it to fly forward better. The F645/F45 flys really nice out of the box. Both of these tend to slide quite a bit in turns so I stuck a used Amazon gift card to the tail skid of the V913 with double stick tape to act as a fin and it has helped the sliding significantly. I just did the same thing to the F45 this morning and have yet to test fly it. These cheap helos are fun to fly and parts are cheap also.

Last edited by crasher47 on Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:37 am; edited 2 times in total
admiral
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:26 am
PostPost subject:

Hi Crasher47,

Fun is what it is all about, whatever you fly should be fun and if the cheaper Amazon helicopters give you that buzz go for it.

I know what you mean by the frustration of constant repairs, I went through that phase, but because I enjoy building as much as flying I never thought of giving up. That was a year or so ago, now days I mainly only need to do maintenance (I shouldn't have said that, touch wood I'm flying tomorrow) it does get easier though and crashes become fewer and further between with practice.

The worst damage was done when I started to get a lot better and push the boundaries those crashes were from higher up and going a lot faster, writing off a couple of helicopters soon bought me back to my senses though.

Good luck with the flying what ever you fly make sure you enjoy it.
crasher47
Hopping Maniac
Hopping Maniac

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:27 am
PostPost subject:

I posted a similar comment on the Walkera forum a while back but the problem with the V200D03 is that the main gear teeth are very fine and just a small incident such as the tail rotor getting caught in grass or touching the ground briefly will cause the main gear to strip. Luckily, there are a couple good sources for parts on Ebay. That is something I explore before buying any new helicopter. I also have a V120D02S and it's gear train seems to be more rugged for it's size.
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Electric RC Helicopters General Discussion All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: