Register | Log in

Electric-RC-Helicopter.com's Homepage
AlbumAlbum  | FAQ | Search | Memberlist

Settings for begainner on clearview

Custom Search
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Simulators / Training Goto page 1, 2  Next

Advertisements

View previous topic :: View next topic  
carr52
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:31 am
PostPost subject: Settings for begainner on clearview

I have the ClearView flight sim. I'm using a PS3 controller for now until the cable for my TX comes in. Any setting suggestions would be of help. Man I'm tearing up some helicopters in there. Also it locks up from time to time. Anyone else have that problem? Thanks for any help I can get.

Tom
tombo242
Admin
Admin

Location: Santo Estêvão, East Algarve, Portugal. Now 82, but still feels 22.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:43 am
PostPost subject:

Hi Tom,

I usually find that 'locking up' tends to occur when the controller inputs are greater than the software expects.

How did the windows calibration work out? Usually that sorts out the ranges. It is not uncommon for a beginner to seriously over control which can overload the driver engine. I find this sometimes with a new model until I get the lift & control values sorted out. Your PS3 controller is not the best one to use - but it can be made to work.

The ranges and reactions are all set in the ClearView parameters for each model and not in the controller.

Tom.
nick_onelove
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:00 pm
PostPost subject:

Yeah I credit the PlayStation (1-3) for my instinct-like thumb reflexes, but it certainly isn't an ideal controller for flying.

The sticks don't have as much range of movement as a transmitter, so every movement you do make is magnified and exaggerated. That would also explain the lock-ups.

Congrats on even getting it working though, when I want to play PC games with my PS3 controller, I have to use this software:

http://www.gamefront.com/how-to-use-a-ps3-controller-on-a-pc/
carr52
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:44 pm
PostPost subject:

Hi Nick, yeah the controls are real exaggerated. The cable for my TX should be here this weekend. On another note my MCPX just arrived. Raining out so can't go out for first flight test. The PS3 controller was really easy to set up. The guy from ClearView sent me an email with instructions that made it a snap. As for the PC, I bought it just to run this program so once I switch over to the DX6i I should be OK but man I've been tearing up some heli's and planes in there. Glad they arn't real and money out of my pocket. I did get the Huey to fly inverted for all of about 2 seconds before it slammed into the ground. Didn't plan it, it just happened. I use to jump out of those things when I was with the 82nd.

Tom
nick_onelove
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:02 am
PostPost subject:

Well thank you for your service, my dad was an M60 gunner out of a Huey.

If you want to try aerobatics/3D, use a non-scale heli. Most scale helis just don't have enough negative pitch to maintain altitude when inverted.

I think you'll enjoy the PC; it may not be as "easy" as a Mac, but I think you'll find it has much more utility and customization.
carr52
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:03 am
PostPost subject:

Howdy folks, I found a link on the ClearView forum that has a bunch of different planes to use in the sim software but how do you use them.

Tom
tombo242
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:57 am
PostPost subject:

Hi Tom,

If you download these planes the instructions are usually in the 'ReadMe' files. Certainly this is true of any craft of mine there. Basically you just place them in the 'models' folder of ClearView once they are unzipped.

Most of mine there are of aircraft that I was involved with in my 16 years RAF service or just ones that I like. Very few are of production models.

Tom.
carr52
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:39 am
PostPost subject:

Hi Tombo,
Unzipped, now that is a question. I'll play around with it till I get it unzipped. I'm a plug n play kinda computer guy. It takes me awhile to figure things out. Thanks Tombo.

Tom
tombo242
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:32 pm
PostPost subject:

Hi Tom,

Just right click on the file and select one of the 'Unzip' options. I usually use the 'Unzip Here' and then move it to where I want when I've checked that it seems OK. Sometimes the model folder is put inside another folder and that won't work in ClearView. You whould see files and 2 folders inside the model folder for it to work.

Tom.
carr52
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:00 am
PostPost subject:

My cable for the DX6i came in today. Having a problem. Probably just doing it wrong. I look in the controller list under settings in ClearView and I see PPM OK thats my TX but when I move the sticks nothing happens none of the bars move so does the TX need to be on/off or plugged in before or after I start CV. I'll keep trying. Thanks all.
Tom
tombo242
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:44 am
PostPost subject:

Hi Tom,

When you plug your Tx in it should turn itself on. Then go to the calibration in Windows. The bars should move. If not then something is definately wrong.

Only once the windows calibration is correct can you set it up in ClearView.

I've been working with Gary (ggunners) on a Vulcan Bomber for ClearView, if you want to be one of the first to try it it's here.

Tom.
carr52
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:43 pm
PostPost subject:

I'd love to but I'm still trying to figure this thing out. I'm doing OK with the planes but getting it setup for helicopter is about a lost cause. I have the controls set up but it's getting the D/R Expo thing right just isn't working for me. It's easier to hover my MCPX in the living room than it is to do it in CV.

Tom
tombo242
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:56 pm
PostPost subject:

Hi Tom,

I know it's only a small co-axial but you could try my 4 channel 'Wee Jock' it's the one that I start off my ClearView heli newbies on. It is so simple that anyone can fly it (and I've some pretty dumb ones trying beleive me). You'll find it on the ClearView download models page. Scroll well down to my models.

Tom.
carr52
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:39 pm
PostPost subject:

Howdy Tombo, i can fly the coaxials in the CV program and I downloaded the wee jock and saved it to my desktop but thats where it ends. Haven't figured out how to "unzip it" yet. My biggest problem is Ican't seem to get the parameters setup in the CV program so they stay setup. After each crash I have to try and set it all up again the D/R Expo stuff. I found some very well written stuff on how to use CV but it's all written for someone that knows what all those numbers mean. Maybe someday they will make a ClearView for dummies version. So for now I've ordered a bunch of extra parts for the mcpx and I'm going outside and learn it the old fashioned way.
Tom
tombo242
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:48 am
PostPost subject:

Well Tom, you could do worse,

I didn't discover ClearView until I'd been flying models for 50 years. No such thing as a 'home computer' when I started.

This was a highly advanced RC system then:

Link

Which developed into this:

Link

Tom.
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Simulators / Training All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: