Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Simulators / Training

Advertisements

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chris arena
Hover Master
Hover Master

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:56 am
PostPost subject: Shareware HelSimRC

I just loaded the free Shareware HelSimRC simulator and I really like it. I just started sim training a while back with the ESky transmittier and the FMS simulator. Personally, I like the HelSim program much better. The graphics are not as good as the more expensive progams. But this progam has fairily realistic response. The heli is a T-Rex that is preprogramed from mild to wild and a bunch of kool body kits can be transfered on to the heli. I also like the more realistic electric sound (FMS sound stinks). Also I like the voice over chiding when I crash.

about 15 years ago, I built a Schluter 50 Heli and was so scared of the expense of crashing it all I ever did was hover and take it for a walk. Kids and college made selling it a must. However now a days, the future is so bright for budding heli pilots. There were no sims back when I had my Schluter 50. You started with a 3d heli.

To be honest, this HelSimRD feels just like my old Schlulter! In fact, as a T-Rex is about 1/2 the size of a 50 sized ship, you would expect the T-Rex to be much more sensitive on the sticks an on this similator and that seems to be exactly how the sticks feel.

I truly believe that with a simulator like this and common sense, anybody could start with a mildly set-up 3D ship!

I like it! Very Happy
silhouette015
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:47 pm
PostPost subject:

Thank you so much for sharing this with us Very Happy

Now there's one more good choice of simulators for people to choose from. There's just lesser and lesser excuse for people to not train on a sim Wink
kmkstar
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:26 pm
PostPost subject:

Glad to see someone else has been using this SIM with good results. I agree with everything Chris has to say. I would like to add to the fact that it works with linux Ubuntu OS using the Wine emulator. This is great!! I have not been able to get any other SIM to work in linux Sad I like it better than the FMS that came with my usb controller. I hate having to boot into windows, now with this SIM I don't need to. After playing around and tweaking the settings I have got it to fly very close to the way my helicopter flys Cool Best free SIM that will work in linux..... Very Happy
Clovis Man
Hopping Maniac
Hopping Maniac

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:29 am
PostPost subject:

I downloaded this sim this afternoon, thinking I might give it a try with the joystick I use with Microsoft Flight Sim. It doesn't work with my joystick! Full throttle, and no channel on my joystick corresponds to anything in the sim. That thing goes up & up & up & up &...
kmkstar
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:36 am
PostPost subject:

What kind of Joystick you using?? You will need to set it up and calibrate it. I had the similar issue at first, but after calibrating it, it works great!!
Clovis Man
Hopping Maniac
Hopping Maniac

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:34 pm
PostPost subject:

It's a Saitek Cyborg Graphite.

Setting it up would be no problem -- except in the mapping window, the throttle wasn't moving anything. This morning, after rebooting the computer, it's working just fine -- except I don't have any antitorque control, so I mapped the yaw channel to the same axis as the roll control. Interesting effect.
solentlife
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:30 pm
PostPost subject:

HeliSimRC can be set-up with TX curves or with it's own set that you can play with.

I don't give a nats fart about fancy graphics as what I want is a heli that flies like my model - this does. It also works with all my Tx's that have trainer sockets .. even my old 80's JR.

I have Rc Planemaster for my fixed wing and that's also good enough for me ... I wanted the Helimaster CD - but there's a problem with ordering it across borders .... shame.
There's a possibility for anyone who's going to use their own Tx ... just buy the CD at less than 10 UK pounds - no need for the USB controller.
solentlife
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:15 pm
PostPost subject:

Its now October 2013 ... and I still use HeliSimRC ... that's over 2.5yrs and I'm still happy with it.

I'm sitting offshore at moment supervising shipping movements ... and it's installed on my Acer One netbook ... yes on a 10" screen ... I have my USB Tx and I'm smiling !!

Nigel
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Simulators / Training All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: