Register | Log in

Electric-RC-Helicopter.com's Homepage
AlbumAlbum  | FAQ | Search | Memberlist

Should I find another online sales rep?

Custom Search
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Electric RC Helicopters General Discussion

Advertisements

View previous topic :: View next topic  
celticveil
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:08 am
PostPost subject: Should I find another online sales rep?

I purchase my heli and parts from xheli.com, but due to more and more negative feedback on them, I am wondering if I would be right in selecting a new vendor, or am I jumping the gun on this?

They seem to have issues getting orders right...so far my 3 orders have been spot-on.
solentlife
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:52 pm
PostPost subject:

So what's problem ? If you've been served well - then stick with it.

Think of cars .......... I would never buy a Grand Cherokee ... because my brother had one - oil leaks everywhere ... other online reviews knocking it etc. But I reckon there are more happy GC owners than unhappy ...

How many times have wrong parts arrived at car service for your machine and service / repair delayed ?

I think a look at bigger picture is needed ...
celticveil
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:32 pm
PostPost subject:

The car analogy hasn't happened to me, so I can't really relate to that. I mostly get my parts myself and have friends in the auto industry Smile

My concern relates to the xheli board where they answer customer issues. The guy in charge over there, eric, seems to lack customer service finesse and there seems to be many dissatisfied customers who have had the same recurring issues...wrong parts, cheaper parts when they paid more, or part they ordered is wrong or not even in shipment received. Eric seems a bit testy in handling these issues.

As a former customer service rep for 10 years, I'm not impressed with his responses to the complaints. I could be misreading him, but he seems a bit edgy. I'm just trying to limit my exposure to flaws and wait time in this hobby.
Skyepuncher
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:06 pm
PostPost subject:

BAD news travels fast. I`ve used X-heli 3 times with excellent
results. My 11 yr. old Jeep has 128,000 miles on it, and still
runs like new. Just sayin`................
pjdog
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:13 am
PostPost subject:

I have done business with Xheli.com for three (3) years and not had the first problem. Most all my RC helciopter stuff came from them. I did buy a B-400 from the LHS. Love it.

Never have had any problems with any of my 12 F-150 Ford trucks over all the years either. My Toyota has been in the shop 3 times in the first year (Sion). It's a dud. will not buy another one.

jack
admiral
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:55 am
PostPost subject:

Hi Celticveil,

When reading negative feedback you need to read it in context of the number of sales 2 bad reports in 10 sales is bad, 2 in 100 is not good, 2 in 10000 is great, Xheli probabley sell 50,000 items a month no matter how good the company is there are going to be things go wrong and difficult customers who will never be happy.

I normally buy something small off any new company I deal with to start with and if the service is good I go back if not I don't go back.
celticveil
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:02 am
PostPost subject:

OK, I'll stick with xheli for as long as they don't screw up too bad. I know retail screws up occasionally, I'm just uber paranoid since this is a long-distance hobby for me. I miss the days when I was back in dallas, texas, when ever I needed anything I was swamped with local hobby shops.

There is literally NOTHING in the area to get what I want or need in terms of hobby items here. The nearest hobby store is an hour away and doesn't mesh their work hours with my job schedule, so theres never been an opportunity for me to go. The next closest in almost 2 hours away, but specializes in Blade series only and can't order anything else for some reason. There used to be one in town, but it shut down right after I returned from the sandpit. Army towns suck, unless you want to drink all the time or hit up strip clubs, theres nothing to do...which means for me, theres nothing to do.
solentlife
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:29 pm
PostPost subject:

You wanna live in Latvia .... you have a world of hobby stuff compared to us !

EVERYTHING is bought online literally.
tombo242
Admin
Admin

Location: Santo Estêvão, East Algarve, Portugal. Now 82, but still feels 22.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:19 pm
PostPost subject:

I'll second that on behalf of Portugal Solentlife.

My local HS turns into a ladies boutique for the summer, winter it tends to stock only highly expensive models in boxes and expoxy to fix them. Getting a control wire or a piece of carbon fibre rod is out of the question. I can have a wide range of models from the far East for the price on one of his Li-Pos.

Internet is the only way to go.

Tom.
Ropieone
Hover Master
Hover Master

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:39 pm
PostPost subject:

My only problem with X-heli.com is that more times than not, whenever I need something, that item is out of stock. Otherwise, they have been promt and helpful, with good prices.
Burgess
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:07 am
PostPost subject:

Well, if your not experiencing problems with Xheli.com stay with them, if you can find another vendor that stocks components you need, try them.
I use a number of Internet vendors over the boarder in England, one of which get some orders wrong but most times they don't. Nevertheless, they provide next day delivery and their prices are real low too. The only real problem with them is their stocks are soon depleted. And then there's Hobby King stuff which is improving all the time.

The nearest RC model shop to me is an eight hour return journey by bus, and having to cross a mountain range, especially in winter you need to take survival gear with you in case of getting stuck in a whiteout...this year anyway.

Burgess
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Electric RC Helicopters General Discussion All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: