Register | Log in

Electric-RC-Helicopter.com's Homepage
AlbumAlbum  | FAQ | Search | Memberlist

Sky king battery

Custom Search
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Electronic, Parts, Components, Batteries, and Chargers

Advertisements

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rae
Fully Charged
Fully Charged

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:57 am
PostPost subject: Sky king battery

Hi I'm new to all things R C and have got a sky king in the post on its way to me as I type it's the 8501 model.
After reading this sites info action on this heli I'm wondering if I've done the right thing.
But to late now so please help me to have a good R C heli hobby. Q1. Can the battery be replaced with a longer lasting one ?. Q2. What sort of mods can be done to make it even better than it is ?. Q 3. Can it be fitted with a telemetry device so that I don't lose it ?. Any help for a complete retired learner I have to find something to do in the shed "she says" . A Rolling Eyes Wink great page to learn from thanks to all who will help. Rae Shocked
admiral
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:45 am
PostPost subject:

Hi Rae, Welcome to the forum.

Well not what I would recommend in the way of a RC Helicopter, but still they can be a lot of fun. For a start enjoy the helicopter as it was built if you start playing with batteries etc you are going to change the flying characteristics and Telemetry is going to cost you more than the helicopter is worth.

Get the helicopter and learn to fly it, have some fun that's what it is all about. If you decide you want to move on to something better look at going to a four channel Hobby grade helicopter,while they cost a bit more they are generally better quality, have plenty of spares available.

"She" is right you need an interest in retirement, this may or may not be the one for you, one thing that would probably help you would be a simulator for you computer. a USB remote control will set you back about $30 and the programs go from free to a couple of hundred, the one I would recommend is Clearview which is about $40, in fact you can install a limited trial version for free.

Hope you enjoy your helicopter when it arrives.http://rcflightsim.com/
Rae
Fully Charged
Fully Charged

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:25 pm
PostPost subject:

Hi Keith,
Thank you for your input, what you say is right since weighting this I have watched a lot of YouTube clips and although the sky king is pretty nimble and robust i think that as you say go for a better model . Trex gets a good mention so may be its next on the list after of course the simulator that you suggested , as I can practise inside and not do any damage and save a few bob.

Kind regards Rae
Rae
Fully Charged
Fully Charged

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:34 pm
PostPost subject:

Hi since last here I've gone and bought another sky king heli, this one from eBay which was sold as damaged spares repair . £13 plus p&p less than a crash cost for a first time user pilot like myself.
And I am looking into getting a simulator to practice on until I get the basics under my belt hopping that this will give a better chance of not crashing to soon. I know this is not the best but it was to late to cancel my order so until I can get another , Trex seems to get good reviews on you tube so will be looking at them a bit closer after about six months with the sky king. Razz
tombo242
Admin
Admin

Location: Santo EstÍv„o, East Algarve, Portugal. Now 81, but still feels 19.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:06 pm
PostPost subject:

Hi Rae and a belated welcome,

Good choice on the sim there, rarely a day goes by when I don't use mine.

Admiral recommends ClearView with it's free trial it's a great programme - as a ClearView administrator can I give you some advice? Get your USB 6 channel controller first and make sure that it registers as a PPM controller in windows. Then download ClearView and fly your trial time.

There is a ClearViewSE which is free but you get only one model and noone can make models for it as we do for ClearView. You will get an Apprentice only with the SE version and all else has to be bought. Can work out very expensive when compared to the many free models that come with ClearView.

Might be a good idea to take a look at the ClearView forum here.

Tom.
Perez Turner
Hover Master
Hover Master

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:19 pm
PostPost subject:

tombo242 wrote:
Hi Rae and a belated welcome,

Good choice on the sim there, rarely a day goes by when I don't use mine.

Admiral recommends ClearView with it's free trial it's a great programme - as a ClearView administrator can I give you some advice? Get your USB 6 channel controller first and make sure that it registers as a PPM controller in windows. Then download ClearView and fly your trial time.

There is a ClearViewSE which is free but you get only one model and noone can make models for it as we do for ClearView. You will get an Apprentice only with the SE version and all else has to be bought. Can work out very expensive when compared to the many free models that come with ClearView.[/url]. Tom.

I appreciates this statement and agree with the ideas and useful suggestions. I think this is the best and possible solution with ClearView. I will try it.
tombo242
Admin
Admin

Location: Santo EstÍv„o, East Algarve, Portugal. Now 81, but still feels 19.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:44 pm
PostPost subject:

Hi P T,

Thanks for the agreement.

Can you clear up one thing that puzzles me. What has the 'Truck Scale' link got to do with this forum? It looks like pure spam sell to me. Not a real signature is it.

Tom.
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Electronic, Parts, Components, Batteries, and Chargers All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: